Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Philippines
Reload this Page >

builders services on Mactan

builders services on Mactan

Old Jul 11th 2016, 3:28 am
Forum Regular

ianinmalaysia has a brilliant futureianinmalaysia has a brilliant futureianinmalaysia has a brilliant futureianinmalaysia has a brilliant futureianinmalaysia has a brilliant futureianinmalaysia has a brilliant futureianinmalaysia has a brilliant future
Default builders services on Mactan

Hi all,

Can anyone recommend a reliable and competent builder in Mactan, Cebu?

I have several things that need doing and want to start getting quotes.

Tanks.
Old Jul 11th 2016, 7:44 am
BE Forum Addict

Stokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: builders services on Mactan

Originally Posted by ianinmalaysia
Hi all,

Can anyone recommend a reliable and competent builder in Mactan, Cebu?

I have several things that need doing and want to start getting quotes.

Tanks.
Regardless who is doing the work you need to be there to manage them, or, as I did, withhold a sum until you have inspected and accepted as correct. Most builders think water runs up hill in the Philippines, our downstairs bathroom drain was the highest point in the room and the lowest point on the veranda was just in front of the door into the house. These and a few other things were corrected under the with held sum, albeit with long faces. Quotes are normally bits of paper to get the job and have nothing to do with the final price. I had a quote to clean & paint my 2 story house for 7 guys for 5 weeks, I employed a couple of pedal tricycle lads on a day rate, a good job was done in 11 days and they even sourced the bamboo for the scaffolding.
Old Jul 12th 2016, 8:14 am
Forum Regular

ianinmalaysia has a brilliant futureianinmalaysia has a brilliant futureianinmalaysia has a brilliant futureianinmalaysia has a brilliant futureianinmalaysia has a brilliant futureianinmalaysia has a brilliant futureianinmalaysia has a brilliant future

Stokkevn.....thanks to you all the other folks on here the pit falls are becoming really apparent.. still i hope I might get a response from someone who has had better luck!
Old Jul 13th 2016, 6:37 am
Forum Regular

David Mashael is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ianinmalaysia
Stokkevn.....thanks to you all the other folks on here the pit falls are becoming really apparent.. still i hope I might get a response from someone who has had better luck!
I think its case of carrying out due diligence as you would expect to do anywhere in the world. Whilst I am sure there are plenty of crooks out there, I do believe that there are good professionals here as well. When I chose the builder for my house, I checked several other houses that he had built for quality workmanship. All designs, drawings, specifications were approved by me prior to the blueprints being submitted to the local authorities for issuance of all building permits. The contract was drawn up by a reputable lawyer and the fund release schedule is strictly tied to satisfactory completion of the applicable stages of the build. I also have a good colleague conducting regular inspections on site. This is in Davao, not sure if he has any business in Mactan.