Briton shot in Cebu

Old Jul 24th 2017, 10:43 am
BE Enthusiast

mikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Briton shot in Cebu

Read about a Briton shot in Cebu. Apparently he was with his fiancé and best man outside a bar, and three assailants on a bike robbed him for £10.00. Seems strange that he refused to hand over such a small amount of money, I would not have hesitated,my life is worth more than that.
Does anyone think that there was a motive behind this shooting,or was it a random attempt? Headlines like these do make you think how safe you are, particularly as ex pats do stand out from the indigenous locals.On a personal note I have never encountered any malicious or threatening acts since I have been here. The exact opposite would be more in telling. We live in a small town, I sometimes wonder if we lived in a large city whether the chances of being involved of some altercation would increase.

On my travels here I have noted that some ex pats do over indulge on alcohol which inevitably leads to arguments with the locals.Am I correct in thinking that alcohol and the 'bar scene, may have had some implications with this shooting?
'
Old Jul 24th 2017, 12:43 pm
LPR
Forum Regular

LPR is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Briton shot in Cebu

I don't suppose we will ever know what really happened but chances are it was more than just random robbery.
Scottish national shot and robbed in Talisay | Cebu News, The Freeman Sections, The Freeman | philstar.com
Old Jul 24th 2017, 1:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Stokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds like a targeted hit, the other Scots were seemingly not threatened or requested for their wallets. Wallets/IDs are quite often taken here to prove to the pay master that the job has been carried out.
Old Jul 31st 2017, 2:17 am
Just Joined

sean_311 is an unknown quantity at this point

Is there any update of this story ? I travel regualrly to Cebu but I do not recognise the location name. I think it was not really in the Cebu city area..