Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Philippines
Reload this Page >

British Expat living in manila looking for some fellow westerners to hook up with

British Expat living in manila looking for some fellow westerners to hook up with

Old Oct 21st 2008, 11:14 am
Banned

Ryantalk is an unknown quantity at this point
Default British Expat living in manila looking for some fellow westerners to hook up with

Hi all i'm Ryan from the Midlands in the UK been in the Philippines Manila for 2 years now and really miss British nights out and just general conversation so email me or drop me a message i'm 29 married to a filipina with a 9 month old daughter and another on the way but my wife really wants me to find some expats so i can relax a little more and get out from under her feet lol hope to get some good replies not sure how this site works so email me or give me your number or email address and we can arrange to meet up
Old Oct 22nd 2008, 2:52 am
Banned

Default Re: British Expat living in manila looking for some fellow westerners to hook up with

ok people viewing my post but no one is replying is there a problem with the site or something. come on all you fellow Brits who wants to go get a drink watch some footie or something let me know
Old Nov 11th 2008, 1:24 am
Just Joined

alex2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: British Expat living in manila looking for some fellow westerners to hook up with

Greetings. Well I've been down here for two weeks and have already been suprised by men in dresses who suprisingly seem to hang out in the local bar. I've been wanting to go to "the pub" for absolutely ages, but it seems here that "the pub" really means some sort of brothel, so when you suggest going to "the pub" it really means you want to go out for a shag. I was here for a week before someone told me that pubs include girls - it was then I realised I was telling the mother in law that I really wanted to go out and pay someone to have sex with me. I don't do football but would love to catch a pint and possibly go to "the pub" and have a chat as I have to speak in an American accent to be understood and this doesn't work either... faces faze over and you can tell you're not on the same page. And I've managed to upset all my relatives here by getting pissed and talking about politics and religion. Fortunately, the wife still seems to like me. Sigh. I'm on 0921 576 7436 for a pint. Alex.
Old Nov 13th 2008, 10:10 am
Banned

thanks for the reply Alex and will meet up soon looking forward to it. also anyone want to check my blog yes i finally started a blog still not sure what to do with it so i just rant about things and say what i have been doing its ryanhollis.wordpress.com leave a comment if something on there makes you want to and looking forward to some brits in manila getting the bevies down them pub quiz on tuesday night if anyone wants to join the team give me a shout i think alex is in for it already
Old Nov 24th 2008, 6:26 am
Just Joined

charliewarren25 is an unknown quantity at this point

Alright Mate, name's Charlie, just moved back to Manila having foolishly decided to leave for London. My number is 09151136564, around most of the time, also quite interested in your business proposal. Drop me a line whenever...
Old Mar 19th 2009, 5:10 am
Banned

Sherpa is just really niceSherpa is just really niceSherpa is just really niceSherpa is just really niceSherpa is just really niceSherpa is just really niceSherpa is just really niceSherpa is just really niceSherpa is just really nice

Originally Posted by alex2
Regarding Ryan Hollis Above.

Met the bloke, seemed OK. After a couple of drinks out and inviting him to my place for a family do, he had a disaster when his pregnant wife lost his passport and bank cards. So I lent him some cash. Then his sister in law threw them out of the place they were staying. He was desperate and had to find short term accommodation, with no access to his bank accounts, so I lent him some cash. He left Manila and went to Pangasinan, his wife's province to see if he could sort out his bank situation from then. Then he decided the only way to sort things out was to return to the UK. Returning on 26th December 2008 was difficult, so I lent him some cash via Western Union so he could get to the airport and sort out immediate problems on return. Its the kind of guy I am! Fellow Briton trapped overseas, of course I can help. He promised to bring me some UK goods back.

Email contact was infrequent. He updated that his wife had given birth in early Feb to second child, but was still in the UK. I asked him to repay some of the money into my UK bank account. Nothing has appeared in my account and there has been no contact since 13th February. I have emailed offering him to pay the money back in installments. No reply. I contacted him via Facebook yesterday, to find his profile removed today.

The man owes me a total 34,660 Pesos which is about £500. He has made no efforts to pay it back whatsoever. I am beginning to feel like i have been scammed. Fortunately, I have some pictures of him and have just bought the domain name ryanhollis.co.uk. If he does not pay me back I shall use the domain to warn people about him and seek my repayment. I shall drive traffic to the domain for anyone Googling Ryan Hollis.

I will ask this post to be removed if he pays me back.
Too bad alex you lost money like that i make it a rule never to lend that kind of money ! i would gladly hand over 20/30 quid but not in the hundreds ! youve got a good heart alex worth more than 500pounds so be happy that you never handed over more,im always wary with expats oversea's living on next to nothing they always just seem to be hanging on instead of going home and work for a living seen too many like that, you live and learn alex so be more careful next time because there are bad people out there........take care alex
Old Mar 19th 2009, 9:48 am
Just Joined

@Sherpa

Thanks for the kind words. I think that is all I shall get back out of this.
Old Mar 25th 2009, 2:08 am
Just Joined

@ Moderator Sue

What?? The bloke has basically robbed me, and is touting for business partners on this forum and its "inappropriate". Its in appropriate to leave a ****ing crook running round your forum suckering people. His post here on your forum cost me £500 after I stupidly believed the bloke. Admittedly, my fault not yours, but it seems your priorities are a bit wrong.
Old Mar 25th 2009, 7:22 am
Banned

Sherpa is just really niceSherpa is just really niceSherpa is just really niceSherpa is just really niceSherpa is just really niceSherpa is just really niceSherpa is just really niceSherpa is just really niceSherpa is just really nice

Originally Posted by alex2
@ Moderator Sue

What?? The bloke has basically robbed me, and is touting for business partners on this forum and its "inappropriate". Its in appropriate to leave a ****ing crook running round your forum suckering people. His post here on your forum cost me £500 after I stupidly believed the bloke. Admittedly, my fault not yours, but it seems your priorities are a bit wrong.

alex no luck then in getting your money back ! to bad looks like you will just have to try and forget it now no point stressing i think most of us have lost money oneway or another at times atleast you have a good heart alex so good things will come your way in time that will be worth more than money so dont stress alex ok
Old Mar 25th 2009, 7:56 am
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sorry to hear that, alex, but both katongkaren and I tried to hint that meeting up for beers was probably not the top item on that guy's agenda.

Lesson learned, eh?
Old Mar 26th 2009, 2:18 am
Just Joined

Indeed. I'll shut up now. Thanks for the kind words. In any case leaving this tropical paradise for another shortly, so all is good.