Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Philippines
Reload this Page >

British dad,filipino born daughter,birth register?

British dad,filipino born daughter,birth register?

Old Jul 1st 2016, 1:02 am
BE Forum Addict

mikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: British dad,filipino born in Philippines ...

Originally Posted by mjay05
Can't afford also here he almost 1year and 5months stay for visit I don't know wat happen next day again.. The rate going down shopping expensive.he said.
contact me and if he is in manila i will put him in touch with a call center who will employ him for not less than 30,000 a month
Old Jul 7th 2016, 4:45 am
BE Forum Addict

mikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: British dad,filipino born daughter,birth register?

well surprise surprise, no response to being able to get an income. especially as it such a desperate situation!!

I am getting to the point now when ever I see a pinay hard luck story on here it tells me one thing and its not good)

I never thought that after 14 years here that I could get any more cynical, yet on a daily basis I out do myself)
Old Jul 7th 2016, 6:35 am
Just Joined

cundall is an unknown quantity at this point

mikemike

Yes i have heard so many "hard luck" stories, you never know which ones to believe. I just want to say thanks to you for making the offer, not many people can make such an offer and even less would even make the offer you did.
Old Aug 17th 2016, 6:29 am
Just Joined

laurenceinarabia is an unknown quantity at this point

UPDATES

So - to update things got even more difficult in the UAE so we got out - used our sons philippines passport in the end with an exit pass issued by immigration.

So we are now here in Philz. Been here 4 weeks and knew the second we landed was the right decision. Career wise now seeking a new adventure. Will not be returning to the GCC. Had enough Arab Culture now for a lifetime I am afraid. But that is all a different story.

On the passport side. I wrote to my MP and highlighted the issues faced and the fact that the passport office does not mention the Cenomar requirements until after you have submitted... etc etc etc

Within a week i was contacted to say that the cenomar had been authenticated and passport on way. Coincidental to MP letter i somewhat doubt.

The emails arrived a day after we had flown out of the UAE- so too late

Still, i had a brother in law collect it from DHL who were happy to do so with a letter of authority from me which i send by email He then dhl the passport to us here.

Total time from application to issue?

application sent 11 May - Passport released 19th July -

Confident also that this time line was reduced only by CONSISTENT CALLS AND EMAILS AND the action of the MP letter

Fortunately for me we had the resources to sit on the phone for hours... skype is great for this

good luck to all in same situation. please feel free to ask anything if i can help
Old Aug 17th 2016, 8:42 am
Just Joined

Congrats...

Just got to keep on pushing as if you don't it could be a year later :/
Old Sep 29th 2016, 5:03 pm
Just Joined

3xie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I have a British overseas passport, my birth was in the Philippines

Can anyone help me? Need advice. My question is. I have a british passport because of my mom but i lived in the Philippines since birth.
Can i apply for a filipino passport as well?
Then if i go outside the country.
Would there be no hassle if i show 2 of my passports?
Also, Ive heard about the a ", which i dont understa d its needed coz i am a filipino as well and its very expensive.. im from the philippines.
Is the certification optional
? Hope someone can answer all of my question. Would very.much appreciated. Thank you.
Old Sep 29th 2016, 7:56 pm
Just Joined

yes you can get a filipino passport - my daughter has both a british passport and a filipino passport... the British passport was expensive, the filipino was not.

When leaving, just show both passports... each one has different benefits (no problems when leaving).
Old Oct 1st 2016, 7:01 pm
Just Joined

Thank you for your reply. But also, when you applied for a filipino passport.
Do they asked if you are a foreign passport holder?
And if they also asked you to apply for retention and reacquiring filipino citizenship. Because, i dont know why i have to get that when im filipino and i lived here all my life.and if u like to apply for filipino passport its optional. And the dual certificate is very expensive. Compare to getting my filipino passport instead.and it would be easier to travel with 2 passport. Did you get the certificate as well?
Old Oct 1st 2016, 7:22 pm
Just Joined

did not need a dual cert - just applied for the filipino one with the filipino birth cert - no problems at all... took about 2 weeks for the appointment...

Don't you need a filipino passport to leave the country? If you tried to leave on the british one, you have no entry stamp and only allowed to stay for X number of days (I could be wrong, but this is how i understood it).
Old Oct 2nd 2016, 3:27 am
Just Joined

Can i have 2 passports instead of applying dual certificate/retention of citzenship? 2 passport serves as proof as citenship. Were there will be.no problem.going out the country?
Old Oct 2nd 2016, 8:57 am
Just Joined

Graham99 is an unknown quantity at this point

No need for certificate, all you need are the passports, example if you travel to London, use phil passport on exit from manilla, use uk passport on arrival at heathrow. Then uk passport departing uk, and phil passport on arrival in Manila. Entry/exit stamps dont really matter if the passport is of the country you are entering. My previous wife was Nigerian and did this all the time. The passport is proof of your right to enter the country.
Old Oct 3rd 2016, 9:18 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Graham99
No need for certificate, all you need are the passports, example if you travel to London, use phil passport on exit from manilla, use uk passport on arrival at heathrow. Then uk passport departing uk, and phil passport on arrival in Manila. Entry/exit stamps dont really matter if the passport is of the country you are entering. My previous wife was Nigerian and did this all the time. The passport is proof of your right to enter the country.
Probably need to show the Philippines passport departing uk or they will want to see an AR card or onward flight ticket
Old Oct 13th 2016, 4:39 pm
Just Joined

carlsh is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello,

I have a question on how can i get my 15 months daughter a British Passport. Her father is British but we are not married. Her father acknowledge her birth certificate and signed on it. I already got her a Filipino passport but I dont know how is the process and requirements for her to get a British Passport. We are not in good terms with my British ex-bf but I have constant contact with his Mother residing in the UK.

Hoping to hear for some answers from you guys. Thank you in advance.
Old Oct 13th 2016, 11:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by carlsh
Hello,

I have a question on how can i get my 15 months daughter a British Passport. Her father is British but we are not married. Her father acknowledge her birth certificate and signed on it. I already got her a Filipino passport but I dont know how is the process and requirements for her to get a British Passport. We are not in good terms with my British ex-bf but I have constant contact with his Mother residing in the UK.

Hoping to hear for some answers from you guys. Thank you in advance.
Follow the detailed guidance given on the British embassy web page
Old Oct 14th 2016, 12:34 am
BE Enthusiast

Bealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond repute

carlsh you can also get advice on the following link from Immigroup

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.