Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Philippines
Reload this Page >

British dad,filipino born daughter,birth register?

British dad,filipino born daughter,birth register?

Old Jun 20th 2016, 8:50 pm
Just Joined

laurenceinarabia is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: British dad,filipino born daughter,birth register?

Originally Posted by cundall
I am guessing that they are confirming that your wife has not been married before you both got married, the cenomar is a document that is often faked/altered. It's nearly impossible to get a divorce in the philippines and as such most people go abroad to get married (as the cenomar is not always required) and it's not always a legal marriage.

This is what I was told, the cause of my delay was confirming that the cenomar was real.
trouble is i am in dubai )

no clue. got brother in law going in try and get it tomorrow and send direct to liverpool but then of course even longer wait.

thing is - i got married in sri lanka had to have cenomar to do so... but of curse that was almost 3 years ago/

they should not need it- his heritage is from me... i dont even have to prove marriage so what the need for it makes no sense at all.

how long did it take for you?
Old Jun 20th 2016, 8:55 pm
Just Joined

cundall is an unknown quantity at this point

I needed the cenomar for my partner even though my daughter was british by descent from me - for the same reasons that i highlighted regarding your marriage.

First application made in November, completed January (wrong birth cert - who knew the PI has 3 different certs) and received in May from memory - I was calling nearly every day and had a MP escalation.

I applied via post in Liverpool and was speaking directly to Liverpool every time i called.
Old Jun 20th 2016, 9:06 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by BritInParis
Because the Philippines does not permit divorce so if your wife had been married previously legally any children would not be yours.

Does your colleague have a Filipina wife?
ahhhhh i see.... that kind of makes sense in a typically british way .... but should be discounted when i provide my full birth certificate and my name is on his birth certificate - really the status of the mother just should not come in to it at all legally in the UK and by thier own policy....

without wanting to sound harsh... if we were a same sex couple wouldnt be a problem would it.....

ts not about the marrioage its about my son and his safety - my job under threat here and then we will be trully screwed without passport

Last edited by laurenceinarabia; Jun 20th 2016 at 9:11 pm.
Old Jun 20th 2016, 9:09 pm
Just Joined

I needed the cenomar for my partner even though my daughter was british by descent from me - for the same reasons that i highlighted regarding your marriage.

First application made in November, completed January (wrong birth cert - who knew the PI has 3 different certs) and received in May from memory - I was calling nearly every day and had a MP escalation.

I applied via post in Liverpool and was speaking directly to Liverpool every time i called.

Thanks chap for the advice even though its not what i want to hear.... still dont make sense to me when you dont even have to be married

ive sent them so much stuff.... even our marriage registration we sent to philippines via the embassay here

ts not about the marrioage its about my son and his safety - my job under threat here and then we will be trully screwed without passport

Last edited by laurenceinarabia; Jun 20th 2016 at 9:12 pm.
Old Jun 20th 2016, 9:43 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by laurenceinarabia
ahhhhh i see.... that kind of makes sense in a typically british way .... but should be discounted when i provide my full birth certificate and my name is on his birth certificate - really the status of the mother just should not come in to it at all legally in the UK and by thier own policy....

without wanting to sound harsh... if we were a same sex couple wouldnt be a problem would it.....

I'm afraid it makes perfect sense legally and not just in the UK.

If you were a same sex couple then you would have been imprisoned in Sri Lanka and put to death in Dubai and Saudi Arabia so not a lot easier.

If you want to blame something then blame the Philippines for being the only country in the world other than the Vatican City not to permit divorce and for having a bureaucracy that is both corrupt and inefficient.
Old Jun 21st 2016, 9:22 pm
Just Joined

I'm afraid it makes perfect sense legally and not just in the UK.

If you were a same sex couple then you would have been imprisoned in Sri Lanka and put to death in Dubai and Saudi Arabia so not a lot easier.

If you want to blame something then blame the Philippines for being the only country in the world other than the Vatican City not to permit divorce and for having a bureaucracy that is both corrupt and inefficient.
All fair points you raise - though you miss one important factor - They do not require proof of marriage except it would seem unless the mother is from the Philippines. They do not state anywhere that this is the case. Had they done so we would have had 8 months to get the CENOMAR (which we now have thanks to brother in law- though it still states she is single. we have been married 3 years and submitted the registration some time ago..... process huh!)

So I have sent this by DHL and also by email and hope that they accept.... because clearly if they then go to the Philippines to prove authenticity also I am royally screwed.

I also understand that they are inconsistent and do not always request the above

Finally, they have a copy of our registration of marriage submitted through the Philippines Embassy in Abu Dhabi.... which CANNOT be processed without proof that my wife was free to marry which was in the form of a sworn affidavit and single status NSO i believe

They do not appear to take any of this in to account.

bloody frustrated.
Old Jun 22nd 2016, 4:23 pm
Just Joined

UPDATE

so today sent more emails and got a return call - who promptly hung up saying bad connection and never called back.

Called in again and after eternity got through to a person who will remain nameless....

to be honest was pointless. He was rude and obnoxious. I asked him some questions he just said he could not answer my questions, just take notes and forwards by email to examiner. in fact he said "if i could answer the questions for you then i would be an examiner and not sat here .. i am not. " bit of an ass

i then asked him to note 3 x points he said proceed. I did so 1 2 3.... at the end asked him to confirm them back to me ... he got to 1 then 2 then.... silence. he had not been listening clearly. So, i told him point 3 again and he "said" he had noted this down - anything else and hung up.

I was very polite, he behaved like someone who gets 100 calls a day saying the same things .... and i guess he does. Everyone wants to escalate... everyone trying to call and get ahead... Its SOOOO frustrating.

i have had no reply to said emails to the examiner... nothing. Not a jot.

i wonder if too eaarly to get MP on board now - seems the only way anyone gets anywhere ....

anyone else have any more advice?
Old Jun 22nd 2016, 4:40 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Just be patient, nothing else you can do.
Old Jun 22nd 2016, 6:15 pm
Just Joined

cundall is an unknown quantity at this point

My MP escalation did nothing, this is the official complaints procedure:

https://www.gov.uk/government/organi...ints-procedure

Note i did the online form and just got a generic reply so i replied back stating this is a complaint as per their details and then things did move..
Old Jun 22nd 2016, 6:58 pm
Just Joined

My MP escalation did nothing, this is the official complaints procedure:

https://www.gov.uk/government/organi...ints-procedure

Note i did the online form and just got a generic reply so i replied back stating this is a complaint as per their details and then things did move..
Thanks Cundall - bottokm line is i have 3 weeks to get this passport or i am totally and utterly screwed

've told them this to call centre who are fully unerstanding.... even put me through to the office in liverpool from the call centre tonight - who then said they will ask the person who is looking at our papers to call directly - will sit and see if they do but from what i read there is simply no way around them sending the cenomar to the philippines and i cant find anywhere anything to support that this will be done fast ... even the philippines embassay here wont interviene even though they could
Old Jun 22nd 2016, 7:13 pm

Perhaps investigating the procedure for obtaining a Philippine passport for your son?
Old Jun 22nd 2016, 7:16 pm
Just Joined

Perhaps investigating the procedure for obtaining a Philippine passport for your son?
yes we have done so now - will take another 6 weeks for that but at least quicker but probably will not be in time to help as time will end here to get him registered for uae ID - and they are VERY strict about it

worrying i guess aint helping... sorry to whittle on
Old Jun 22nd 2016, 7:23 pm
Forum Regular

David Mashael is an unknown quantity at this point

Reading your story, I can understand your frustration. I am also based here in Dubai and appreciate how difficult it can be. Inshallah you will find a solution.
Old Jun 22nd 2016, 8:39 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by David Mashael
Reading your story, I can understand your frustration. I am also based here in Dubai and appreciate how difficult it can be. Inshallah you will find a solution.
Thank you
Old Jun 23rd 2016, 5:59 pm
Just Joined

well got an email back to say they must have the original copy of cenomar which is on the way should be there by Saturday . then i guess i have to wait and see if they will accept or send to filippines for proof ... which the more i read the more likely it looks.

examiner still did not return call as promised........ was told 48 hours its now 5 days

know i am impatient

anyone read of anyone who got though without them needing to send to philippines ????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.