Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Philippines
Reload this Page >

British dad,filipino born daughter,birth register?

British dad,filipino born daughter,birth register?

Old Aug 16th 2017, 6:22 am
BE Forum Addict

mikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: British dad,filipino born daughter,birth register?

You say you were in the Uk with your child and then left for the Philippines last year? Was your child born in the UK?, if not how did you take your child to the UK?
Old Aug 18th 2017, 6:53 am
Just Joined

Kathdudette is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mikemike
You say you were in the Uk with your child and then left for the Philippines last year? Was your child born in the UK?, if not how did you take your child to the UK?
I was in the Uk when I got pregnant. I gave birth in the Philippines.
Old Sep 8th 2017, 8:26 pm
Just Joined

Yhey25 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi kathdudette,

If your baby's father is a British citizen, regardless of your marriage status, you can apply for your baby's British passport. Even if the baby was born in the Philippines, as long as the father recognizes and acknowledged the baby and signed the birth certificate. My partner and I have a daughter. We are not married. I conceived in UK but I gave birth in the Philippines. You dont have to apply for a British birth certificate for your baby to get a passport (although that would make the passport application easier, the fee is exorbitant 😱). My baby's British passport got approved even without a British birth certificate.

Things I submitted to apply for a first time British passport application (minor) Overseas :
1. Phil birth certificate from PSA/NSO (the baby's father have signed it too acknowledging that the baby is his)
2. Another valid id of the baby (on here I submitted my baby's Philippine passport. I got her a Phil passport too coz she has dual citizenship. That is given since i am Filipino)
3. My birth certificate from NSO/PSA
4. CENOMAR for me since im not married
5. Marriage Certificate from NSO/PSA for my parents (lola and lolo ng bata sa akin)
6. British birth certificate of my boyfriend
7. Marriage certificate of my bf's parents
8. Birth certificates of my bf's parents (lola and lolo ng bata sa tatay)
9. Baptismal certificate of my baby (coz her birth certificate was late in getting registered)
10. My Philippine passport
11. My bf's British passport
12. Pre-natal and ante-natal (medical records ni baby)
13. Pictures of my bf and i during our trips together (showing that we have spent time together).
14. Pictures of us during baby's baptismal and pictures during our (me,baby and my bf) trips abroad to show that the father has active participation in baby's life. (I was using baby's Philippine passport during that trip).

The British passport application was submitted in June 2017 and it was approved August 2017
Old Sep 9th 2017, 7:49 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Yhey25
Hi kathdudette,

If your baby's father is a British citizen, regardless of your marriage status, you can apply for your baby's British passport. Even if the baby was born in the Philippines, as long as the father recognizes and acknowledged the baby and signed the birth certificate. My partner and I have a daughter. We are not married. I conceived in UK but I gave birth in the Philippines. You dont have to apply for a British birth certificate for your baby to get a passport (although that would make the passport application easier, the fee is exorbitant 😱). My baby's British passport got approved even without a British birth certificate.

Things I submitted to apply for a first time British passport application (minor) Overseas :
1. Phil birth certificate from PSA/NSO (the baby's father have signed it too acknowledging that the baby is his)
2. Another valid id of the baby (on here I submitted my baby's Philippine passport. I got her a Phil passport too coz she has dual citizenship. That is given since i am Filipino)
3. My birth certificate from NSO/PSA
4. CENOMAR for me since im not married
5. Marriage Certificate from NSO/PSA for my parents (lola and lolo ng bata sa akin)
6. British birth certificate of my boyfriend
7. Marriage certificate of my bf's parents
8. Birth certificates of my bf's parents (lola and lolo ng bata sa tatay)
9. Baptismal certificate of my baby (coz her birth certificate was late in getting registered)
10. My Philippine passport
11. My bf's British passport
12. Pre-natal and ante-natal (medical records ni baby)
13. Pictures of my bf and i during our trips together (showing that we have spent time together).
14. Pictures of us during baby's baptismal and pictures during our (me,baby and my bf) trips abroad to show that the father has active participation in baby's life. (I was using baby's Philippine passport during that trip).

The British passport application was submitted in June 2017 and it was approved August 2017
Hi Yhey25,

Thank you for the very detailed response. That's quite a lot of requirements. One thing though, i don't know if you have read it in my previous replies - I am separated from my previous husband which is also a British citizen. We haven't divorced. I'm only going to start the annulment process early next year I hope so with the CENOMAR, I am not sure if I would be able to submit that. If I request one it will show that I am still married. I don't know how they will see that, that's why I am a bit worried. Also my partner's parents are divorce. Do we need to submit their divorce paper?

Thank you.
Old Sep 9th 2017, 7:56 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kathdudette
Hi Yhey25,

Thank you for the very detailed response. That's quite a lot of requirements. One thing though, i don't know if you have read it in my previous replies - I am separated from my previous husband which is also a British citizen. We haven't divorced. I'm only going to start the annulment process early next year I hope so with the CENOMAR, I am not sure if I would be able to submit that. If I request one it will show that I am still married. I don't know how they will see that, that's why I am a bit worried. Also my partner's parents are divorce. Do we need to submit their divorce paper?

Thank you.
Given that your husband is also a British citizen then providing he was born in the UK then your child will be British by descent through him even if they are biologically the child of your current partner. If you go for consular birth registration then your husband will appear as the father not your partner.
Old Sep 10th 2017, 6:13 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by BritInParis
Given that your husband is also a British citizen then providing he was born in the UK then your child will be British by descent through him even if they are biologically the child of your current partner. If you go for consular birth registration then your husband will appear as the father not your partner.
Hi BritInParis,

When you mean consular birth registration is that registerig through British Embassy? What do you think is best? Register through British Embassy first or try to apply for a passport? (Which means that my partner since he will be coming back this October to visit us for our child's birthday will bring back all the docs to the Uk and have the application in there). Is really me being still married - not separated or annuled would make our child's passport application difficult?

Yes I have read about "my estranged ex husband automatically being the father of my child since we are still married by the time my child was born". But he isn't the one in the birth certificate, he isn't the biological father. It's just because we were married that's why "they assume him to be the father" which is to be honest ludacrous! I mean I think they need to revise this law.

I know this is a bit if a silly comparison but, it's just funny how someobe can go to America give birth there and the child with no American parents can get their citizenship. And in the Uk they will require DNA test etc for unmarried couple. I know each country has their own rules. It's just sad, when someone is actually legit then things are more difficult but for some others that have fraud in mind, it's way easy.

Life eh.
Old Sep 10th 2017, 8:55 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kathdudette
Hi BritInParis,

When you mean consular birth registration is that registerig through British Embassy? What do you think is best? Register through British Embassy first or try to apply for a passport? (Which means that my partner since he will be coming back this October to visit us for our child's birthday will bring back all the docs to the Uk and have the application in there). Is really me being still married - not separated or annuled would make our child's passport application difficult?
Consular birth registration is no longer done via your local British embassy. If you want to register the birth then you will need to send your application to FCO Services in Milton Keynes. Given your situation I wouldn't bother with the consular birth registration and merely apply directly for the passport.

You being married to someone who is not the father of your child will certainly make the application more difficult. Processing times for children born in the Philippines are already the longest in the world because of the Philippines' divorce law or lack of it. If your husband wasn't a British citizen then your child wouldn't be entitled to British citizenship at all.

Yes I have read about "my estranged ex husband automatically being the father of my child since we are still married by the time my child was born". But he isn't the one in the birth certificate, he isn't the biological father. It's just because we were married that's why "they assume him to be the father" which is to be honest ludacrous! I mean I think they need to revise this law.

I know this is a bit if a silly comparison but, it's just funny how someobe can go to America give birth there and the child with no American parents can get their citizenship. And in the Uk they will require DNA test etc for unmarried couple. I know each country has their own rules. It's just sad, when someone is actually legit then things are more difficult but for some others that have fraud in mind, it's way easy.

Life eh.
Unfortunately for you the law is what it is and complaining about it is not going to change the situation for your child. That the US gives anyone born on its soil birthright citizenship is not the same as giving birth to another man's child within marriage. If the situation was the same except that the father was a US citizen then you would have the same problem. If any law needs revising it's the divorce law in the Philippines.
Old Sep 11th 2017, 8:44 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by BritInParis
Consular birth registration is no longer done via your local British embassy. If you want to register the birth then you will need to send your application to FCO Services in Milton Keynes. Given your situation I wouldn't bother with the consular birth registration and merely apply directly for the passport.

You being married to someone who is not the father of your child will certainly make the application more difficult. Processing times for children born in the Philippines are already the longest in the world because of the Philippines' divorce law or lack of it. If your husband wasn't a British citizen then your child wouldn't be entitled to British citizenship at all.

Unfortunately for you the law is what it is and complaining about it is not going to change the situation for your child. That the US gives anyone born on its soil birthright citizenship is not the same as giving birth to another man's child within marriage. If the situation was the same except that the father was a US citizen then you would have the same problem. If any law needs revising it's the divorce law in the Philippines.
Hi,

Thanks for the reply. Okay so yes we will do the passport application and avoid the consular application.

And yes you are right, our law should be revised, as a lot of women or men are trapped in a senseless marriage like I am. I just hope the dissolution of marriage that bill that they are proposing will be granted finally in the senate or wherever or whoever needs to approve it. But yes thank you very much.
Old Oct 30th 2017, 10:29 am
Just Joined

WillbeExpat is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Folks, this is kind of related and may be of some help now or in future, I'm married to a Filipina, we married in UK, we have a two year old Daughter born in UK, my wife was living in UK, but found it difficult, so she has moved back to Cebu, and I will join her in the coming months, I made sure my Daughter applied for a British Passport before applying a Filipina Passport, we applied for the Filipina passport directly in person at the Philippine Embassy Suffolk Street London, where we had to also register her birth with the Philippine Authorities there (they would forward it to NSO in Manila I'd pressume), and I asked which Passport should my Daughter use when leaving the UK for good, they advised going out of UK using her UK one and on arrival at Cebu Airport producing her Filipina passport. And now I read somewhere that for me to apply as an immigrant I will need to register our marriage with the Philippine Embassy, I presume in London. I hope this helps some people on this site.
Old Nov 20th 2017, 6:58 am
Forum Regular

shielacity is an unknown quantity at this point

Good day. How many Here got the British passport applied inside the Philippines for there children in less than 3months? Thank you
Old May 21st 2018, 5:13 am
Just Joined

Legie Mae Trezise is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mikemike
i had question as well and hopefully anyone could help me,my husband been here last december 11 2017 and we get married last january 04 2018,i am now 5 months pregnant with his child,and my husband is having a problem in the uk now and i am still in the philippines is there any way i could visit him in the uk?it is posible to see him there in uk?what should i do first thank you hope that someone or anyone could help me,just thinking as well can the baby get any benifit from the british government to?thank you,

stress,Legie 🤰
Old May 21st 2018, 5:53 am
BE Forum Addict

mikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Legie Mae Trezise

i had question as well and hopefully anyone could help me,my husband been here last december 11 2017 and we get married last january 04 2018,i am now 5 months pregnant with his child,and my husband is having a problem in the uk now and i am still in the philippines is there any way i could visit him in the uk?it is posible to see him there in uk?what should i do first thank you hope that someone or anyone could help me,just thinking as well can the baby get any benifit from the british government to?thank you,

stress,Legie 🤰
Apply for on line Uk tourist visa allows up to 6 months for a visit.

Not sure what restrictions may apply as you are 5 months pregnant
Old May 21st 2018, 6:14 am
BE Enthusiast

Bealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond repute

If you make and pay for a visa application today it may take at least three weeks before your interview date. Probably longer as this is a busy time.
Realistically plan on two months (if your application is successful) before you receive a visa which will take you to seven months into your pregnancy. At seven months you may not be allowed to travel by the airline, but I stand to be corrected on this point.
Try this link. https://www.gov.uk/standard-visitor-visa/apply

Good luck
Old May 21st 2018, 8:38 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Bealinehx
If you make and pay for a visa application today it may take at least three weeks before your interview date. Probably longer as this is a busy time.
Realistically plan on two months (if your application is successful) before you receive a visa which will take you to seven months into your pregnancy. At seven months you may not be allowed to travel by the airline, but I stand to be corrected on this point.
Try this link. https://www.gov.uk/standard-visitor-visa/apply

Good luck
I am not sure they have interviews for a short time visitors visa. The VFS Global process is designed to remove the interview for this type of visa. unless there is something that they feel needs to be questioned
Old May 21st 2018, 8:51 am
LPR
Forum Regular

LPR is on a distinguished road

You still have to go to their offices with your paperwork and I think they do a biometric check. They won't question anything there as they just send the paperwork to some British Immigration officer sitting in an office somewhere. He will make a decision based on the paperwork, any error (or if he's having a bad day) he will just reject the application. You do not have the right to question the decision or make an appeal! Don't you just love the British justice system!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.