Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Philippines
Reload this Page >

British dad,filipino born daughter,birth register?

British dad,filipino born daughter,birth register?

Old Jul 19th 2015, 10:45 am
BE Forum Addict

Gazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: British dad,filipino born daughter,birth register?

If you are married a DNA test shouldn't be necessary.....unless by looks the baby is obviously not the fathers. Getting a UK passport should not be a problem once you have a British born abroad birth certificate. This can be time consuming for reasons I don't understand.
Old Jul 20th 2015, 11:10 am
Just Joined

Paul7878 is an unknown quantity at this point

My son's passport just arrived out of the blue! Exactly one year this week since we submitted application.
Old Aug 19th 2015, 1:27 am
Forum Regular

diverdec is an unknown quantity at this point

nice one Paul thats great.Iam now at 9month mark so hopefully not much longer hope it comes quick,as a 6yr old British girl has just been kidnapped in mindanao near to where my 6yr old daughter is
Old Sep 11th 2015, 12:46 pm
Just Joined

Pete1542 is an unknown quantity at this point

Well after 15 months of waiting 2 Passports for daughters arrived today. A long time and some long worded emails to HM Passport Office, MP but finally came
Old Sep 12th 2015, 11:06 pm
Forum Regular

15 months? i hope to god thats cause u had 2 passports
Old Sep 12th 2015, 11:29 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by diverdec
15 months? i hope to god thats cause u had 2 passports
Unfortunately not.
Old Sep 13th 2015, 3:56 am
Just Joined

They received application on 5th July 2014. After many emails and chasing them they send email to apologize as they forgot to forward my documents to Bangkok for next checking stage. After the 11 month mark I just emailed them every 2 weeks for an update. At the 13 month stage I got my UK MP involved whom I believe did help in getting the process moved along. Mine might have taken a little longer as my fiance and myself are not married yet but been together for 8 years. Sent all the requirements and evidence. No interviews, no DNA just took forever for issue. Good luck for rest that is waiting. Only advice get MP involved if you can

Last edited by Pete1542; Sep 13th 2015 at 4:26 am.
Old Sep 13th 2015, 12:44 pm
Forum Regular

what was the email address that you used when asking for updates?im not married either been with gf for severn years,need that passport urgent as her grandparents are 78yrs old and they havent seen her yet.........
Old Sep 14th 2015, 8:50 am
Just Joined

what was the email address that you used when asking for updates?im not married either been with gf for severn years,need that passport urgent as her grandparents are 78yrs old and they havent seen her yet.........
I used: [email protected]

They take quite a few days to reply but usually do.
Old Sep 15th 2015, 11:43 am
Forum Regular

ive just got a email from Bangkok asking me for more documents,problems is they are asking for documents that i ve already sent original birth certificate and old passports to Liverpool.Plus they are asking for proof i was with my partner at night of conception,very frustrating as ive already sent off 30 photos and documents to prove this,cant prove it any more then i have already.Wouldnt be easier if they just did a DNA test for every one from the beginning to cut all this bother out.They want emails that ive sent to my partner for last 8yrs,i dont email i skype,and my skype only shows a history of one yr with no messages as we cam chat.
Old Jan 29th 2016, 1:36 am
Forum Regular

hi can anyone suggest a very good Immigration Lawyer,my daughters application has taken 14months and its been rejected and all my documents sent back on basis i didnt take up the DNA offer,this is completely false,ive rung the immigration officer and even he admits its on the computor screen that i said i was more then happy to do that DNA test,what a mess.
Old Jan 29th 2016, 6:20 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

hi can anyone suggest a very good Immigration Lawyer,my daughters application has taken 14months and its been rejected and all my documents sent back on basis i didnt take up the DNA offer,this is completely false,ive rung the immigration officer and even he admits its on the computor screen that i said i was more then happy to do that DNA test,what a mess.
Sorry to hear that you're been given the run around but you don't need an immigration lawyer - the application is for a passport, not a visa.

Start by making a formal complaint to HMPO as per Step 1. Given the length of time that the application has taken to process I would also contact your MP as per Step 3.

https://www.gov.uk/government/organi...ints-procedure
Old Jan 30th 2016, 1:38 am
Forum Regular

ok thanks i have started with a formal complaint,it is being investigated,MP is involved and glad to say he is disgusted as reason why i need my daughters passport is cause her grandparents are to ill to travel and i want them to have at least seen her before to late,they know this and seem to have gone out of their way to slow this process right down.................not sure what happened to human rights and a right to a family life that seems to have gone out the window in my case
Old Jan 30th 2016, 3:14 am
BE Forum Addict

Stokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond repute

ok thanks i have started with a formal complaint,it is being investigated,MP is involved and glad to say he is disgusted as reason why i need my daughters passport is cause her grandparents are to ill to travel and i want them to have at least seen her before to late,they know this and seem to have gone out of their way to slow this process right down.................not sure what happened to human rights and a right to a family life that seems to have gone out the window in my case
When having complaints against government departments, I always find out who actually caused the problem or at least who signed the letter. Ring them up and ask them to confirm their name and position, when they ask why I want it my reply is that my solicitor will site them as the incompetent party. I have used this 4 times ( HMRC and Customs ) and 4 times the problem has been sorted within a week.
Old Jan 30th 2016, 3:54 am
Forum Regular

ok thanks for that Stokkevn, bit awkward at moment cause im in Mindanao Philippines now looking after my daughter,so ive limited ability to do any thing,got to rely on my father whos 78 yrs old to fight my corner which is alot to ask..The letter i was sent came from Liverpool overseas team,its was signed by a immigration officer but doesnt have the persons name beside the signiture(very handy for them),when my father rings the 0300 number they say we havent sent a letter its not on the system but they are refusing to put us through to the overseas team who sent it..They bascially have cleaned their hands of it cause they know they have screwed up...

Last edited by diverdec; Jan 30th 2016 at 3:56 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.