Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Philippines
Reload this Page >

British dad,filipino born daughter,birth register?

British dad,filipino born daughter,birth register?

Old Jan 7th 2014, 5:50 am
Just Joined

sonny1980 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: British dad,filipino born daughter,birth register?

Thanks that's very helpful. I read further and it seems it could make future travels and documentation easier if he has a UK birth certificate.

The requirements for registering his birth with the British embassy still asks for the Advisory of Marriage certificate though :-$. However, it seems a less strict process then getting his passport and hopefully using my wifes Cenomar (which will show no record of marriage as our marriage in Thailand shouldn't be recorded in the Philippines yet), and our marriage certificates will be enough evidence for them. At least as you say they will be able to deal with us locally if they have any problems with the application.

Do you have any links to show that his consular birth certificate is acceptable on it's own to get his British passport? I can't seem to find anything referencing this.

Thanks again.

Edit: I just looked through the application form for registering his birth, and it doesn't mention the CRS 5 form in the checklist unlike the link for documents needed, so they may not be as strict about this.

Last edited by sonny1980; Jan 7th 2014 at 5:59 am. Reason: Further information
Old Jan 7th 2014, 9:35 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sonny1980
Thanks that's very helpful. I read further and it seems it could make future travels and documentation easier if he has a UK birth certificate.

The requirements for registering his birth with the British embassy still asks for the Advisory of Marriage certificate though :-$. However, it seems a less strict process then getting his passport and hopefully using my wifes Cenomar (which will show no record of marriage as our marriage in Thailand shouldn't be recorded in the Philippines yet), and our marriage certificates will be enough evidence for them. At least as you say they will be able to deal with us locally if they have any problems with the application.

Do you have any links to show that his consular birth certificate is acceptable on it's own to get his British passport? I can't seem to find anything referencing this.

Thanks again.

Edit: I just looked through the application form for registering his birth, and it doesn't mention the CRS 5 form in the checklist unlike the link for documents needed, so they may not be as strict about this.
Having a consular birth certificate will make life easier for any Briton born overseas but for someone born in the Philippines it's a no-brainer given the hassle involved if you ever need to produce all this again in the future.

https://www.gov.uk/government/upload..._Gp3_11.13.PDF

It's in the very small print above Table C.

"If the birth certificate you provide has not been issued by a British Embassy, High Commission or Consulate showing parents’ details, also provide evidence as shown in the table below."
Old Jan 12th 2014, 6:57 am
Forum Regular

diverdec is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,i was given the name of a Australian guy who lives in Angeles City who deals with getting the Aussie passport for filipino born children,his name is John Powers,i emailed him but he wont deal in getting British passports,as iam in Mindanao and just cant rock up to the UK Embassy i thought it would be a less stressful way to get a British passport for my filipino born daughter by using a agent.So the question is does anyone know of a agent/lawyer etc who helps getting UK PASSPORTS? Thanks for any help
Old May 3rd 2014, 7:14 pm
Just Joined

dubai1954 is an unknown quantity at this point

my son is in the Philippines and I want to get him a British passport. Who can sign the declaration part of the form. No one in the Philippines has known me for 2 years
Old May 4th 2014, 1:50 am
BE Enthusiast

Bealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond repute

To get a British Passport you now have to do it online. Check the British Embassy website. All UK Passports are now issued in the UK. The website gives all the information that you need plus the costs of a passport and courier charges.
Now it is quite clear that British Missions abroad really do not want to know expats n their area of responsibility.
Old May 4th 2014, 10:54 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Bealinehx
To get a British Passport you now have to do it online. Check the British Embassy website. All UK Passports are now issued in the UK. The website gives all the information that you need plus the costs of a passport and courier charges.
Now it is quite clear that British Missions abroad really do not want to know expats n their area of responsibility.
Thanks.
Old May 6th 2014, 8:02 am
Just Joined

Again about the declaration form. Is it possible to do the online application form, print it, send it from the Philippines to England to be signed by the person who has know me for 2 years and then send everything (supporting documents) on by courier.
This regarding first child passport.
Thanks
Old May 6th 2014, 11:00 pm
Just Joined

BentButcher is an unknown quantity at this point

I've managed to attach a couple of pages (Countersigning and Declaration part) from my application form that i sent two weeks ago for my daughters first time. All sensitive info has been blacked for security reasons. I would of copied and pasted but it wouldn't allow me to. Hope you can see them.

I completed the application online, printed it and got the mrs to sign the declaration form as the applicant signing on my daughters behalf. (Daughter is 3 months old) Luckily, i was flying back to the UK shortly afterwards so when i arrived i got a close friend (Teacher) to countersign and then sent the documents on to the passport office. - Send me a personal message if you want more detail on my application process etc etc but the answer to your question, YES you can.

Regards
Attached Thumbnails British dad,filipino born daughter,birth register?-passport-application-declaration.jpg   British dad,filipino born daughter,birth register?-passport-application-declaration-countersignature.jpg  
Old May 7th 2014, 8:27 am
Just Joined

Thank you very much for your reply.
Old Oct 29th 2014, 12:39 am
Forum Regular

ive been told all along that as my daughter was born in Philippines she can only apply for a passport through the British Embassy in Manila now ive just been told by the British Embassy in London the only way i can do it is by applying online,very confussing but i must say if i can do it online fantastic
Old Oct 29th 2014, 8:30 am
BE Enthusiast

Bealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond repute

I told you so way back in May!
Old Oct 29th 2014, 9:54 am
Just Joined

BentButcher is an unknown quantity at this point

Although the website advises 16 weeks for the process of an aplocation I wouldn't plan on travelling for at least 6 months! My application is still "being processed" since April!!!
Old Oct 29th 2014, 11:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

mikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond repute

Ours was completed for both of ours within 3 weeks.

We went to the embassy to get it done
Old Oct 30th 2014, 12:13 am
Forum Regular

oh thats annoying i didnt look at this website for last 5months or so,just been so busy at work now iam in Philippines for next 8months ,arghh so frustarting i could have been doing my daughters passport whilst i was in UK
Old Apr 22nd 2015, 10:35 am
Just Joined

McFly1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BritInParis
Having a consular birth certificate will make life easier for any Briton born overseas but for someone born in the Philippines it's a no-brainer given the hassle involved if you ever need to produce all this again in the future.

https://www.gov.uk/government/upload..._Gp3_11.13.PDF

It's in the very small print above Table C.

"If the birth certificate you provide has not been issued by a British Embassy, High Commission or Consulate showing parents’ details, also provide evidence as shown in the table below."
This is quite correct. BUT as of today (20th April 2015), I just got a letter from the British Embassy in Manila returning my application and telling me that the Overseas Birth Registration process has now been centralised (in Milton Keynes).

If you go to www.gov.uk/register-a-birth now, it tells you that the process takes at least 16 weeks (rather than the 5-10 days when done locally). This is a disaster as there is now zero benefit in getting the Consular Birth Certificate and we now have to go the long route with a passport...

This must be a very new change as just a week or two ago, the gov web site was giving instructions for a local Manila registrations. I just missed it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.