Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Philippines
Reload this Page >

Boyfriend looking for job in the Philippines

Boyfriend looking for job in the Philippines

Old May 19th 2014, 11:04 am
BE Forum Addict

Gazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Boyfriend looking for job in the Philippines

Originally Posted by rezziajanelle
Well, i do hope..it is for the best... and I'd be... okay. Better even. Heartbreak after heartbreak isn't really fun.. if you know what I mean.
I like to think I know, but it's been a long while. I've been married to my filipina for nearly 20 years now and wish I'd known her 10 years ealier. I think we on this board saw this coming right from the start but the last thing we should get into is a round of told you so's. There are some good foriegners out there so don't give up. My wife was 7 months pregnant when we met but it's never got in our way. Chin up and look to the future.
Old May 19th 2014, 11:13 am
Just Joined

rezziajanelle is an unknown quantity at this point

I thought there are many... foreigners that would actually look at your personality and capability to make them happy... but not all. I've met one... i had grown to like him. But he... seems, unsure of what he wants after 4 hours of being away from me. So I just gave up. Like right now, at this moment, I think that men are predators and would eat me alive and use me.

I am very scared. I used to be strong... but Im very vulnerable at the moment, because as much as I want to be strong, i am tired of being strong, i want someone to be strong for me.
Old May 19th 2014, 11:20 am
Just Joined

and Im not particularly looking for a foreigner boyfriend. I just want someone who would be able be both a friend and boyfriend to me. Who can look after me. It's hard because Im alone in life and im facing this things alone. So im scared.

I had a 6 year relationship with my first boyfriend (filipino, the british guy was my second bf) ) who was a jerk and irresponsible that I had to be the one looking after him and myself the entire time we were living in (3 years), I had to leave him in the long run.

After that I dont want a filipino man anymore simply because they're not capable of understanding what is meant to be understood.

Thank you for the cheer up message. Appreciate it. And I wish to find something/someone that you found in your life Im happy to know true love still exist
Old May 19th 2014, 11:24 am
BE Forum Addict

Gazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rezziajanelle
I thought there are many... foreigners that would actually look at your personality and capability to make them happy... but not all. I've met one... i had grown to like him. But he... seems, unsure of what he wants after 4 hours of being away from me. So I just gave up. Like right now, at this moment, I think that men are predators and would eat me alive and use me.

I am very scared. I used to be strong... but Im very vulnerable at the moment, because as much as I want to be strong, i am tired of being strong, i want someone to be strong for me.
It can be a very hard world out there, just as many vulnerable men come to the Philippines and are taken advantage of as well, often the girls get forgotten that meet the wrong man. I wish we could help, just be sure that you don't let your vulnerability be taken advantage of. Time is what to need now.
Old May 19th 2014, 11:27 am
Just Joined

Yep. One of my friends told me to let my heart rest for awhile. That it's not healthy for me to undergo this stress at the moment.

I just pray. I try and keep my faith strong that he will actually eventually drop the right one in my front door in time, maybe when I am ready again.
Old May 19th 2014, 10:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

tropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond repute

Love comes when you least expect it. It is sad that the bad men, and the bad women; never seem to pair up. Leaving the good ones to find each other. I have been with my Filipina wife now for over twenty years, and married for nineteen.
We had both given up on the opposite sex, finding them to be unfaithful. Then we met, and never looked back.
It was the day before I returned to UK, but we wrote to each other all the time, and it wasn't too long before I went back, as I wanted to see her again. Meeting my wife, changed my life forever. For the better. My happiest years have been with my wife.
There are good and bad in both sexes. It's just a matter of two good people, coming together at the right time.
Old May 20th 2014, 5:21 am
Just Joined

It's good to hear that there is indeed true love.
The 2 exboyfriends I've had are good people... it's just that... it wasnt enough.
The 6 year relationship Ive had didnt hurt much because mostly I was exhausted by the end of it.
What really hur was with the british guy. He was nice and good and he loves me, it's the situation and circumstances that didnt went well. It was probably not meant to be.

Then came another guy that was very nice... but then, im in a situation not every man would accept easily and I understand... so I had to let go, it was short lived..and fast pacing, but... he had helped me a lot simply because I was very honest to him and he accepted me...but my situation isnt acceptable to everybody.

And yes, I have most probably given up on finding the "right" man. I cant even look at men anymore, it's like... they're always only after one thing and throw you like trash after. Atleast that's what I felt with the recent person Ive met. He was nice and with good intentions. He respected me..and then... i dont know what happened. Maybe there are guys that cannot be contented nomatter how perfect they see the present woman in their life, they just really would need to ask for more... to a different woman. It hurts mostly because I have learned to trust him, and I wish, I wish i didnt went back, then I didnt have to see it. Then maybe Im better now.
Old Jun 23rd 2014, 12:01 pm
Just Joined

Hamish Healys is an unknown quantity at this point

The law is clear. Your boyfriend can’t work in the Philippines without a working visa.
Old Jun 25th 2014, 7:15 am
Just Joined

If you have read the thread, he is back in the UK already, because we are pretty aware about the law.