Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Philippines
Reload this Page >

Boyfriend looking for job in the Philippines

Boyfriend looking for job in the Philippines

Old Mar 27th 2014, 1:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Boyfriend looking for job in the Philippines

Originally Posted by bakedbean
So he's a sponger?
Reading between the lines I can't disagree. To me it sounds like he's spinning a line.
Old Mar 27th 2014, 3:43 pm
Just Joined

rezziajanelle is an unknown quantity at this point

We have been arguing almost everyday now because he is very stressed on how to get a job here and I am very stressed that i go to work everyday and I come home with all his rants, I get him, I know he's worried and I know living at my expense makes him less of a man, he is afterall, well aware of the situation he is in.

The english tutor jobs - one of them is a famous company and the other is an actual international school here in Manila. So I dont know about "scam" but I am quite well aware that working using a tourist visa is illegal.

as for my boyfriend's stories, we've been together for a year now. Been with him (long distance relationship) during the time he's really doing well, and I am with him now in person since he's living with me.

He's receiving government money for health benefits, but it stopped 2 weeks ago since he was scheduled for a check up but since he's here he wasn't able to show up so they stopped it.

I am worried about him, yet Im worried about myself too. It's like, I care for this person so much, but I know where we're standing right now and it feels like, I dont have a choice, I felt like I was put in a situation where either I chose myself, be guiltless and heartless and leave or stay and find a way and endure everything.

Everyday, I pray that atleast one call center company would help him. Im not saying he's a burden but the situation is. It is killing me. Totally killing me. Im a strong girl, been through a lot myself, Im alone and independent, it would have probably help if I have a family, but I dont have any left, so it gets into me, you know, like... I can only take so much at times, and I feel like Im about to give in real soon.
Old Mar 29th 2014, 9:47 am

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs down Re: Boyfriend looking for job in the Philippines

Originally Posted by rezziajanelle

He's receiving government money for health benefits, but it stopped 2 weeks ago since he was scheduled for a check up but since he's here he wasn't able to show up so they stopped it.

Oh, so he's obviously been fraudulently claiming UK benefits whilst he's been overseas, for example perhaps he's been on DLA (disability living allowance)

What illness or disability does he claim to have?

Have you ever seen any proof that he's had 'millions of dollars' (or pounds)? Have you ever seen his bank statements? I think he's been spinning you a line.

I think the guy is a liar and he's definitely a loser and he will drag you down with him. Get rid ASAP.

It might be difficult to get rid of him as he sounds needy. Perhaps give a call to the Immigration dept, they will deport him.....

Btw: as he has been out of the UK, he may have to take the Habitual Residence Test if he returns and tries to claim govt. benefits.....and he will need to explain why he was claiming benefits when he wasn't even in the UK
Old Apr 1st 2014, 5:36 am
Forum Regular

MikeNZ is just really niceMikeNZ is just really niceMikeNZ is just really niceMikeNZ is just really niceMikeNZ is just really niceMikeNZ is just really niceMikeNZ is just really niceMikeNZ is just really nice

Hi, I lived in Angeles City Pampanga for a couple of years and I met a guy like your boyfriend. Worth lots of money once but just waiting for the next opportunity. I lent this guy money to give him a hand mainly because he claimed to be a New Zealander but he was just a loser conman. Your boyfriend has never been worth millions, he is another conman. Don't waste your time on him he cannot be helped.
Old Apr 1st 2014, 9:07 am

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute
Post Re: Boyfriend looking for job in the Philippines

Originally Posted by MikeNZ
Hi, I lived in Angeles City Pampanga for a couple of years and I met a guy like your boyfriend. Worth lots of money once but just waiting for the next opportunity. I lent this guy money to give him a hand mainly because he claimed to be a New Zealander but he was just a loser conman. Your boyfriend has never been worth millions, he is another conman. Don't waste your time on him he cannot be helped.
Yes.....I guess he has a gambling addiction.

Just like an alcoholic or a drug addict - constantly seeking the next 'hit' and unable to focus on anything else.

The O/P seems to have gone silent....
Old Apr 1st 2014, 2:50 pm
Just Joined

I have seen bank statements, yes, have seen his cars before and a big house. I googled his name before and he's quite famous in his line of work, so he's ok.

As per the government money, technically, he knows it's illegal because he's not in the UK anymore, he is quite well aware of that. And as much as I want to believe that he is lying, he is really not, he would force me to accept thousands of pesos of money before as help when my grandmother had cirrhosis, I refused to accept is since it's none if his business, though, he insist on paying my airline ticket.

Last year we went on Holiday for 2 weeks, all expense paid by him, i didnt shed a single centavo, He is ok, really.

But i would probably agree with Englishmum - he might have a gambling problem, yet, i cant stop him from doing it, why? He's been doing it for the past 9 years, been successful but had a bit of bad luck in the recent year, and believe it or not, i allow him to do little work every now and then because one successful 4 hours at his work would pay our condo rent for the next 6 months, that's how it is.

He recently renewed his tourist visa to extend his stay here, and used the very little government money he received this weekend to work, so far in the past two days, work for him has been level-ish - that also meant less stress, coz technically, it's been good.
Old Apr 3rd 2014, 6:41 pm
Just Joined

I talked to him and told him I can no longer tolerate a life like this, the constant budgeting when Im only 24 and should be enjoying what I work hard for, he called a fried in the UK and will send him fare for ticket back to the UK. He will live in emergency housing in the UK and will receive government money.

He is still hesitant about leaving manila since there's nothingin the UK for him at all, and I understand that.

He needs job to survive here so he's attending (i think) an expat gathering to check his networks and find some some that would suit him. but if it fails, he'd book the flight and go back to the UK.
Old Apr 4th 2014, 5:59 am
BE Forum Addict

mikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond repute

I talked to him and told him I can no longer tolerate a life like this, the constant budgeting when Im only 24 and should be enjoying what I work hard for, he called a fried in the UK and will send him fare for ticket back to the UK. He will live in emergency housing in the UK and will receive government money.

He is still hesitant about leaving manila since there's nothingin the UK for him at all, and I understand that.

He needs job to survive here so he's attending (i think) an expat gathering to check his networks and find some some that would suit him. but if it fails, he'd book the flight and go back to the UK.
Do NOT do anything to stop him from leaving. there are plenty of fish in the sea
Old Apr 4th 2014, 7:05 am
BE Enthusiast

Bealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond repute

Englishmum and mikemike have said it all!
Old Apr 4th 2014, 3:08 pm
Just Joined

im holding on to the fact that this person, really, loved me unconditionally, but no, im not stopping him, but he's stopping himself. he's supposed to book his flight tonight, and im at work, i dont know if he will do it or not.
Old Apr 5th 2014, 12:09 am
BE Forum Addict

mikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond repute

im holding on to the fact that this person, really, loved me unconditionally, but no, im not stopping him, but he's stopping himself. he's supposed to book his flight tonight, and im at work, i dont know if he will do it or not.
He arrived as a tourist on a 30 day visa stamped at NAIA immigration. He would have to have an onward ticket departing Philippines within 30 days to get that stamp.

I do not understand why he has to make a drama of buying a ticker to get out when he already has one bought and paid for.
Old Apr 5th 2014, 4:06 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikemike
He arrived as a tourist on a 30 day visa stamped at NAIA immigration. He would have to have an onward ticket departing Philippines within 30 days to get that stamp.

I do not understand why he has to make a drama of buying a ticker to get out when he already has one bought and paid for.
As he's been there longer than 30 days though that ticket is probably no longer valid?
Old Apr 5th 2014, 5:04 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Pollyana
As he's been there longer than 30 days though that ticket is probably no longer valid?
apologies duplicated

Last edited by mikemike; Apr 5th 2014 at 5:07 am.
Old Apr 5th 2014, 5:06 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Pollyana
He has? times like this I actually get to agree with UK embassy policy, which is rare!! "You can find your way here, you can find your own way home"
Old Apr 7th 2014, 8:47 pm
Just Joined

Hello,

Here's what happened, before he came here last February 28, he did booked an onward ticket for like 2200.00 pesos to Kota Kinabalu, but it was already planned that he will stay here, for like, a lifetime, so the onward ticket is cheap and just to make sure he could pass through immigration he booked it.

It has been more than 30 days, yes, and we have been to immigration to extend the visa for another month, and will come back end of April to extend for 2 months, he's not staying here illegally. He's very much keen to do this the proper way, he's not a bad man, you know.

So, today he went on to a job interview that was recommended by an expat he met last Saturday night during an event,, and he was offered the job and will start tomorrow. So I guess, he's staying here as long as he is in that company.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.