Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Philippines
Reload this Page >

Boyfriend looking for job in the Philippines

Boyfriend looking for job in the Philippines

Old Mar 14th 2014, 5:54 pm
Just Joined

rezziajanelle is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Boyfriend looking for job in the Philippines

Hello,

Im a filipina and my boyfriend is in the Philippines right now looking for a job, he knows exactly what he's getting into and is not expecting a high paying job but atleast a decent pay.

He used to be a sports trader in the UK in horse racing and football/soccer. And by "used" I mean, he still does it sometimes here, but due to lack of visuals, it's quite a difficult job for him to play online and he keeps losing money.

I have no idea if there are call center companies or if there which particularly will actually accept him or sponsor him a work visa.

Please help. Need infos asap. Thanks!
Old Mar 15th 2014, 5:05 am
BE Forum Addict

mikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Boyfriend looking for job in the Philippines

Originally Posted by rezziajanelle
Hello,

Im a filipina and my boyfriend is in the Philippines right now looking for a job, he knows exactly what he's getting into and is not expecting a high paying job but atleast a decent pay.

He used to be a sports trader in the UK in horse racing and football/soccer. And by "used" I mean, he still does it sometimes here, but due to lack of visuals, it's quite a difficult job for him to play online and he keeps losing money.

I have no idea if there are call center companies or if there which particularly will actually accept him or sponsor him a work visa.

Please help. Need infos asap. Thanks!
your boyfriend is an on line gambler which may explain why he has already lost just about everything. Your boyfriend is therefore no stranger to using on line tools and should be able to contact on line companies. Failing that the Manila bulletin Classified ads would be a good starting point.
Old Mar 17th 2014, 12:56 pm
Forum Regular

Froggybarnacle2000 has a reputation beyond reputeFroggybarnacle2000 has a reputation beyond reputeFroggybarnacle2000 has a reputation beyond reputeFroggybarnacle2000 has a reputation beyond reputeFroggybarnacle2000 has a reputation beyond reputeFroggybarnacle2000 has a reputation beyond reputeFroggybarnacle2000 has a reputation beyond reputeFroggybarnacle2000 has a reputation beyond reputeFroggybarnacle2000 has a reputation beyond reputeFroggybarnacle2000 has a reputation beyond reputeFroggybarnacle2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Rezziajanelle, for a start, tell your boyfriend to start looking through other threads in this forum as to how to land a job in Manila.

You started an earlier post about this in January. Nonthaburi was right by saying “you can’t eat love.” Then you did not even bother to reply. Just because you’ve started this second thread doesn’t mean you will get the answers or the results that you want to see and hear. Sorry but you won’t be getting tea and sympathy in this forum. Mikemike already advised you in your first post. He has also replied to this, your second post, and is bloody spot on by saying your boyfriend is an online gambler. So your boyfriend is with you right now, and he is still gambling online? Thank goodness for lousy internet connections in Manila if that’s the case. I’m appalled that you are the one asking for advice on his behalf. Why can’t he do it himself, the way other expats in this forum have done? The mere fact that you’re the one going on this forum to ask is setting off alarm bells about this man’s personality.

Rezziajanelle, give this man the boot. He is just using you. You may be his girlfriend, but you are definitely not his saviour. It is very unfair of him to come over and lay his problems at your door. You sound like a strong, independent, and intelligent Filipina woman. Don’t let all that get sucked out of you by this leech. I believe you already know where your relationship with this man is headed. I wish you could prove this naysayer wrong. But right now your situation with him doesn’t look good. Good luck and God bless.
Old Mar 18th 2014, 8:55 pm
Just Joined

He's basically unaware of the things I do for him and research I'm doing while I'm at work.

He has been his own boss since he was 21 and never worked for a company or anybody else. He was a successful man in the UK in his profession, but never did try to save for his future until the recent years that he started struggling.

We have been together for a year now.

I know where I stand and how bad (even severe) the situation is, but I am not a bad person, he was so close to being homeless in the UK and I told him to fly here and start anew, after all, one good day at his online work can pay 3 months rent in a decent condo that we have right now, but the odds of having a good day at work due to slow internet and lack of visuals are very little.

I am here, not a s a girlfriend but as a person with a good heart trying to help a "friend" in need. I, myself has a decent job at a global hotel chain and earning pretty well, he doesnt take money from me at any cost, even during the most tight days, he would prefer to pay half of the food we eat. I am willing to provide shelter temporarily to him and I told him it doesnt mean it's free, just to make him feel better, I told him he owes me and I'm keeping tabs and when he gets back to his feet he could start paying me.

I am here basically, to get information and some updates on which company, what type of job he can get, and trust me, he would take just as any job that's available right now, that's how desperate and sad the situation is for him.

I am on my own, I know what I'm doing. I love the man, I'm sorry if I double posted in this website, basically, due to many many forums I have been to, and reading and posting, I haven't kept tabs on which is which.

Thank you for the concern and criticism. I am not heartless, as much as I want to save myself from this person,I believe he is my responsibility and there's no way I will let him rot in a foreign country, if it's not gonna work here, then I'd find ways to get money and buy him a ticket back to the UK and make sure he's safe and sound there.

I am 24, grown woman and I know what shit I am into right now, it's not easy, not for him neither for me. But what's the point of giving when this is already in my plate? Im trying everyday to find information I could get for him. He's not internet savvy but I know he's worried. I see him do his best, I am also trying to figure him out because he's basically talking about miliions of dollars he had before and regrets it. I have a very positive outlook in life, and I dont like dwelling about pasts. I can't deny the fact that he drags me down, his rantings exhaust me and Im about to give up, and if I ever will, I'd make sure he is ok before I leave him, that is if I ever do.

Thank you.
Old Mar 19th 2014, 11:47 am
BE Forum Addict

Gazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond repute

He's basically unaware of the things I do for him and research I'm doing while I'm at work.

He has been his own boss since he was 21 and never worked for a company or anybody else. He was a successful man in the UK in his profession, but never did try to save for his future until the recent years that he started struggling.

We have been together for a year now.

I know where I stand and how bad (even severe) the situation is, but I am not a bad person, he was so close to being homeless in the UK and I told him to fly here and start anew, after all, one good day at his online work can pay 3 months rent in a decent condo that we have right now, but the odds of having a good day at work due to slow internet and lack of visuals are very little.

I am here, not a s a girlfriend but as a person with a good heart trying to help a "friend" in need. I, myself has a decent job at a global hotel chain and earning pretty well, he doesnt take money from me at any cost, even during the most tight days, he would prefer to pay half of the food we eat. I am willing to provide shelter temporarily to him and I told him it doesnt mean it's free, just to make him feel better, I told him he owes me and I'm keeping tabs and when he gets back to his feet he could start paying me.

I am here basically, to get information and some updates on which company, what type of job he can get, and trust me, he would take just as any job that's available right now, that's how desperate and sad the situation is for him.

I am on my own, I know what I'm doing. I love the man, I'm sorry if I double posted in this website, basically, due to many many forums I have been to, and reading and posting, I haven't kept tabs on which is which.

Thank you for the concern and criticism. I am not heartless, as much as I want to save myself from this person,I believe he is my responsibility and there's no way I will let him rot in a foreign country, if it's not gonna work here, then I'd find ways to get money and buy him a ticket back to the UK and make sure he's safe and sound there.

I am 24, grown woman and I know what shit I am into right now, it's not easy, not for him neither for me. But what's the point of giving when this is already in my plate? Im trying everyday to find information I could get for him. He's not internet savvy but I know he's worried. I see him do his best, I am also trying to figure him out because he's basically talking about miliions of dollars he had before and regrets it. I have a very positive outlook in life, and I dont like dwelling about pasts. I can't deny the fact that he drags me down, his rantings exhaust me and Im about to give up, and if I ever will, I'd make sure he is ok before I leave him, that is if I ever do.

Thank you.
As a local you have far more knowledge about jobs etc than we have. If you can't find him anything I don't see what chances there are.
Old Mar 19th 2014, 3:12 pm
Just Joined

I have very little knowledge about jobs for foreigners.

I am independent and away from family, I have been independent since I was 19. Grew up in a well off family, I didn't care about how to get a job, where or how.

My networks are limited to the people I have in ur office where i work. And this is why Im doing research.

Thank you.
Old Mar 19th 2014, 3:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond repute

I have very little knowledge about jobs for foreigners.

I am independent and away from family, I have been independent since I was 19. Grew up in a well off family, I didn't care about how to get a job, where or how.

My networks are limited to the people I have in ur office where i work. And this is why Im doing research.

Thank you.
I think what I was trying to say is that your boyfriend will be competing with the locals for a job. Any foreigners working in Manila will most likely have been seconded there and will not have found the job in country.
Old Mar 19th 2014, 3:21 pm
Just Joined

Based on the people I have emailed, most common that's interested to hire him are English Tutor Jobs and one call center company that is Sykes. That is as of today. One company called ****** Group is very interested but there's no basic pay, it's a financial consultancy company and it's commission based.

That is the progress after 2 weeks of staying here in Manila.
Old Mar 19th 2014, 3:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

Based on the people I have emailed, most common that's interested to hire him are English Tutor Jobs and one call center company that is Sykes. That is as of today. One company called ****** Group is very interested but there's no basic pay, it's a financial consultancy company and it's commission based.

That is the progress after 2 weeks of staying here in Manila.
What you need to know is that for your boyfriend to work in Manila he will need a work visa. The company that imploys him will need to sponsor the visa application which is quiet expensive. What you need to be careful of is a company taking him on saying that they will obtain the work visa but due to the cost never get around to it. They will then let him go after a few weeks and if caught he could be deported. Just be very careful.
Old Mar 24th 2014, 12:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond repute

Be aware that The BI (Immigration) are becoming very efficient at seeking out illegal working foreigners. To be realistic unless your BF has a significant amount of capital his only option is to be employed by a company who wants an expat here.They should undertake all the necessary work to obtain a work visa.
Good luck.
Old Mar 27th 2014, 12:06 am
Just Joined

I have been exchanging a few emails from the English Tutor companies and informed them regarding the "work visa" so, apparently if it's full time job, they do not provide a work visa, BUT, as long as my boyfriend has a tourist visa, they would allow him to work for their company.

So right now, the plan is to extend his visa for atleast the next 6 months.

Several call center companies started phoning him recently AND SEEMS EAGER TO HIRE HIM but whenever "work visa" is mentioned they would end up telling him "they will assess the application and get back to him" - which, as expected, nobody did - ever - phoned back.

It is very frustrating on my part because right now he is completely and utterly broke, and he chose to rent a condominium with me worth something I cannot probably afford to pay monthly with my own salary unless I really tighten our budget.

Im starting to get irrational to him because he keeps actig like a "girl" sensitive - too sensitive, self pity and insecure. I get it, this man, has been worth millions of dollars just about a year ago, i am not materialistic, but money matters to him more so than any person i have ever known or met. And he basically feel useless right now, and i really do get it, he wanted to provide for me. He did quite lived an extravagant life, part of it, I experienced, he was very generous.

Even, I , crack my head on what to do. I am affected, yet im trying my best to be strong, because he is too weak. But he's starting to drag me down.

I keep telling him id pay for his plane back to the UK if needed be. He receives government money there weekly, so he can never be broke, sure, it will be a rough area where he might live, but he has money, certainly, but HE.JUST.WONT.GO.BACK.THERE

Im confused and scared.
Old Mar 27th 2014, 8:42 am
BE Forum Addict

I have been exchanging a few emails from the English Tutor companies and informed them regarding the "work visa" so, apparently if it's full time job, they do not provide a work visa, BUT, as long as my boyfriend has a tourist visa, they would allow him to work for their company.

So right now, the plan is to extend his visa for atleast the next 6 months.

Several call center companies started phoning him recently AND SEEMS EAGER TO HIRE HIM but whenever "work visa" is mentioned they would end up telling him "they will assess the application and get back to him" - which, as expected, nobody did - ever - phoned back.

It is very frustrating on my part because right now he is completely and utterly broke, and he chose to rent a condominium with me worth something I cannot probably afford to pay monthly with my own salary unless I really tighten our budget.

Im starting to get irrational to him because he keeps actig like a "girl" sensitive - too sensitive, self pity and insecure. I get it, this man, has been worth millions of dollars just about a year ago, i am not materialistic, but money matters to him more so than any person i have ever known or met. And he basically feel useless right now, and i really do get it, he wanted to provide for me. He did quite lived an extravagant life, part of it, I experienced, he was very generous.

Even, I , crack my head on what to do. I am affected, yet im trying my best to be strong, because he is too weak. But he's starting to drag me down.

I keep telling him id pay for his plane back to the UK if needed be. He receives government money there weekly, so he can never be broke, sure, it will be a rough area where he might live, but he has money, certainly, but HE.JUST.WONT.GO.BACK.THERE

Im confused and scared.
rezziajanelle, your story worries me. what the English tutor companies are telling you sounds highly illegal. You boy friend can not legally work on a visit visa. I must abmit his story also worries me. There are two types of scam to look out for in the Philipppines, one is a local trying to scam you and theother is a down an out foreigner trying to scam you. His story just doesn't add up.
Old Mar 27th 2014, 1:24 pm

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

He receives government money? What for?
Old Mar 27th 2014, 1:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by bakedbean
He receives government money? What for?
Benifits?
Old Mar 27th 2014, 1:37 pm

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

So he's a sponger?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.