Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Philippines
Reload this Page >

Advice on finding a local agent to post items

Advice on finding a local agent to post items

Old Mar 4th 2015, 12:43 pm
Just Joined

jeremyb4 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Advice on finding a local agent to post items

I am looking at selling satellite receivers and IPTV boxes in the Philippines. I am trying to find someone, expat or non-expat, who would be willing to take in stock and then post out to locals.

If any member is willing to assist me in this task, then I will be coming to Manila in a few weeks time, so I could provide you with more details.

Any advice on how to go about this would be appreciated.

Jeremy

Last edited by jeremyb4; Mar 4th 2015 at 1:09 pm.
Old Mar 6th 2015, 9:27 am
BE Forum Addict

quiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Advice on finding a local agent to post items

A bit of advice. If you post them via PhilPost then quite a few of them will never make it to their intended recipients! Better to use LBC or similar, at least you can track them. Quite cheap to courier throughout the islands.
www.lbcexpress.com or 2GO Group, Inc. // Live Together! and select Express.
Old Mar 6th 2015, 9:34 am
Just Joined

jeremyb4 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you for the advice on which service to use. I shall be heading out to Manila in a few weeks time to do some more research. I guess there is a large expat community. Are they all spread out or are there particular areas, where expats congregate?
Old Mar 6th 2015, 10:23 am
BE Forum Addict

quiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jeremyb4
Thank you for the advice on which service to use. I shall be heading out to Manila in a few weeks time to do some more research. I guess there is a large expat community. Are they all spread out or are there particular areas, where expats congregate?
I think from the government figures there are about 25,000 British expats here on resident visas or 13A visas, plus lots who stay here on tourist visas etc. There are odd spots where there are small groups but most are spread all over the 7000 islands! don't forget many have married Filipinas , or have Filipina girlfriends and are settled in many small towns and villages. I only know of 3/4 Uk expats in this area of Cebu. lots of aussies, Canadians etc!
I'm not sure there is too much of a market here as you can get satellite boxes etc already. you can get cable in most cities or use t'internet to stream UK TV or download for future use. send me a pm if you have any other queries to avoid clogging up these forums.
Old Mar 9th 2015, 5:45 am
BE Forum Addict

GeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by quiltman
send me a pm if you have any other queries to avoid clogging up these forums.
With respect, I'd quite like it out in the open any queries you can answer! I'm married to a Filipina, myself a Brit but we live in the US. At some point we will move to the Philippines, probably to Negros [Oriental] as that's where her brother is. We've done various holidays there plus I've done business in Manila, which was an eye-opener, so anything else is appreciated.