Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand > NZ Update
Reload this Page >

We have arrived in New Plymouth!

We have arrived in New Plymouth!

Old Nov 9th 2009, 2:57 am
BE Enthusiast

Jo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of light
Default We have arrived in New Plymouth!

At last we have arrived in New Plymouth after starting the emigrating process 1 year ago. Been in NZ for just over 2 weeks now and are throughly enjoying it. We have just moved into a lovely house with great sea views, brought a car and are just settling in nicely. Already have met some really nice people.
I start work on Monday and OH is still searching but I think he likes the idea of being a house husband!!

With all the negative stuff on here recently I just wanted to say something positive!

Cheers

Jo-Chris
Old Nov 9th 2009, 4:17 am
BE Forum Addict

RobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: We have arrived in New Plymouth!

Originally Posted by Jo-Chris
At last we have arrived in New Plymouth after starting the emigrating process 1 year ago. Been in NZ for just over 2 weeks now and are throughly enjoying it. We have just moved into a lovely house with great sea views, brought a car and are just settling in nicely. Already have met some really nice people.
I start work on Monday and OH is still searching but I think he likes the idea of being a house husband!!

With all the negative stuff on here recently I just wanted to say something positive!

Cheers

Jo-Chris
Nice post Jo-Chris and welcome to NZ.
Lovely to read a positive post! Hope things continue to be good for you.
Our first few weeks were similar to yours now we are starting to settle down nicely now our container has arrived.
You can change your location now too!!
Old Nov 9th 2009, 5:09 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Cheers

Jo-Chris
What a lovely post to read Jo-Chris! Well done for getting here and sounds like you're settling in well and quickly.

Best of luck with the new job on Monday.
Old Nov 9th 2009, 3:27 pm
We're HERE!!!

Kija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond repute

Another nice, uplifting post from what I've read/seen (on TV) about New Plymouth it seems to be a lovely place, wishing you all the best of luck in your new life
Old Nov 9th 2009, 3:39 pm
Scorchy legs

Dewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers

Jo-Chris

Thank you Jo-Chris

Great to hear things are going well for you, get that hubby out to work before he gets too used to being at home

Dewb
Old Nov 9th 2009, 5:22 pm
MnB

MnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers

Jo-Chris
heythere!!!
Good to hear you've arrived safe & sound and all going well, great to have a positive post!
Good luck with the job and make the most of having a house husband!!
Keep us posted B x
Old Nov 10th 2009, 3:56 am
BE Enthusiast

Jo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks every one!
Spent this morning sitting in the sunshine and this afternoon went for a drive around the area trying to find the best beaches!!

Will keep you posted
Old Nov 10th 2009, 11:12 am
We're HERE!!!

Kija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks every one!
Spent this morning sitting in the sunshine and this afternoon went for a drive around the area trying to find the best beaches!!

Will keep you posted
Ooh! sounds like fun! Pics please, we love pics you know