Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand > NZ Update
Reload this Page >

We have arrived!!!!!!!!

We have arrived!!!!!!!!

Old Feb 1st 2010, 1:47 pm
Forum Regular

127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: We have arrived!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by willand tina_h
Hi guys, have 2 mins peace from the boys, lol to be able to get the computer, me and oh are sat in mc donalds, hahahhha they are getting used to us now, lol. They have a coffe shop though so thats great a its nice china yes, china in mc donalds!!!

Well, we have been to the beech this evening for half hour, very windy but so refreshing I start work tomorrow and will is taking the boys to another school to looka round and hopefully they will like it and we can get em started. we have bought a car, been to briscoes to buy some stuff cos guess what they have a sale!!!!! Colandros, thank you mate just cannot believe how expensive food is though, however, everything else is not bad so it compensates it really. We are very happy at the moment and I have to say I am not missing the uk yet, although we have only been here 8 days. Yes 8 days!!

well, back to the boys, lol who I expect are killing each ohter,

Take care and will soon be on like beofre guys when we get a house and have internet, but we are managing fine Thanks to cate and jeff.

Tina and family.x x x
Well done to you Tina!!! Good luck!!
xxxx
Berni
xx
Old Feb 1st 2010, 5:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

Tomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck for your first day at work. Seems like you're going to be working with some lovely people which has to be a good start

Good to hear that things are gradually coming together for you. Hope you find a good school for the boys soon
Old Feb 1st 2010, 5:49 pm
Forum Regular

mudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud of

Sounds like you are doing really well - good luck with the school for the boys. I am still getting over china in McDonalds! wow!

Jacqui

xxxx
Old Feb 1st 2010, 5:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Tomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mudblood21
I am still getting over china in McDonalds! wow!

Jacqui

xxxx
You can get a pretty decent coffee served in most McDonalds here...even in a china cup .
But they don't do McFlurry's anywhere in NZ . That was the only thing I ever really liked from McD's, since I'm not really all that keen on burgers & fizzy drinks
Old Feb 1st 2010, 7:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

RobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond repute

Hiya Tina,
Glad you are settling in well
Hope your first day at work goes well and the children get settled in school soon.
Keep us posted!
Old Feb 1st 2010, 9:00 pm
~^_^~

shelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond repute

well done you guys!! Finally got there!

I've been following your posts carefully and this thread has really made me smile (and sadly enough put a wee tear in my eye!).

Hope your first day at work went weell and that you settle in really quickly.
Old Feb 1st 2010, 9:27 pm
Forum Regular

mudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Tomsk
You can get a pretty decent coffee served in most McDonalds here...even in a china cup .
But they don't do McFlurry's anywhere in NZ . That was the only thing I ever really liked from McD's, since I'm not really all that keen on burgers & fizzy drinks

Please don't anyone tell my son about the McFlurry situation - he has been so positive about going to NZ and I don't want anything to ruin it ! Hopefully we will get over there and he will be too busy to notice !
Old Feb 2nd 2010, 2:15 pm
Forum Regular

Denise01292 is just really niceDenise01292 is just really niceDenise01292 is just really niceDenise01292 is just really niceDenise01292 is just really niceDenise01292 is just really niceDenise01292 is just really niceDenise01292 is just really niceDenise01292 is just really nice

Glad to hear you have arrived safe and sound. Enjoy the dream x
Denise
Old Feb 4th 2010, 3:16 am
Forum Regular

Honeybug is just really niceHoneybug is just really niceHoneybug is just really niceHoneybug is just really niceHoneybug is just really niceHoneybug is just really niceHoneybug is just really niceHoneybug is just really niceHoneybug is just really niceHoneybug is just really nice
Smile Re: We have arrived!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by willand tina_h
Well hello to all of you. Finally managed to get online, we are at the library, pmsl. Good job tomsk and her hubby geoff were around yesterday!! Well, so far I am still jet lagged and very emotional, lol. This plce is so beautiful, feel like its a dream honestly we have a lovely little house that we are renting thanks to tomsk, (mega thank you and gonna drink the bubbly you left us tonight as was in bed again last night by 10pm).

We ahve been to meet my new boss, very nice and like the feel of it so thats great news, managed to go do some food shopping, it is expensive but it weighs up and other costs like petrol etc is cheaper. Been to one school today also, but the boys felt it was too bi for them and like it in papamoa, so want to stay by the beach (wonder why)???? Gonna go dry by another school after we have finished on here over the mount. The flights were fab, cathay pacific cannot fault them one bit, however, the travel down was a nightmare just so tired, harri physically could not keep his eyes open, bless him. We seem to be managing with the jet lag as not letting ourselves sleep during the day, so have to bear with it.

All we have to do now is find a car as we have a hire one at the monent, so need one by next tues! Will log on and feed some more dietails etc soon, we have to try and find a dongle urgently as the boys are driving us mental so any help is greatly appreciated, will soon ask all at the meet up tomorrow though, so excited to see some peeps from on here, seems really unreal, lol.

Anyways catch up very soon.

Tina. x
Glad you all arrived safely, Have been here since 2006 and love it! Good luck with setting up your new life. If your ever in North Canterbury and would like to meet up just let us know.
Old Feb 5th 2010, 12:15 am
BE Forum Addict

Margaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond repute

Took Tina's advice today and went to McDonalds Coffee shop. We had 2 lovely pots of tea and as Tina said in china cups.

June