Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand > NZ Update
Reload this Page >

Update 2 weeks into our new life.......

Update 2 weeks into our new life.......

Old Sep 20th 2009, 2:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

bolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Update 2 weeks into our new life.......

hello & welcome
We are newbies to Papamoa as well and are waiting for AM LOOLAH to wave her wand & arrange a get together , but me thinks the naughty fairy girl is tooo busy having fun in the Rain bar!!

Hope you are getting settled - it really is beautiful here - even on rainy days send me a pm & we will arrange a meet up - unless Am Loolah manages to get her social diary sorted !!
Old Sep 20th 2009, 4:41 pm

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by bolton1
hello & welcome
We are newbies to Papamoa as well and are waiting for AM LOOLAH to wave her wand & arrange a get together , but me thinks the naughty fairy girl is tooo busy having fun in the Rain bar!!

Hope you are getting settled - it really is beautiful here - even on rainy days send me a pm & we will arrange a meet up - unless Am Loolah manages to get her social diary sorted !!
Excuse my middle of the night response - poorly, sick dog again ...

I think you'll find I did try to organise a meet up (see Meet Up's section) but no newbies responded, that combined with me and 2 of my kids being sick I bailed I'm afraid. But I did spy Mr Bolton1 in Gail & Doug's so I'm told!

Anyway, dog sick, Hubster in hospital, so can't run welcoming committee at the mo, sorry.
Old Sep 20th 2009, 6:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

bolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to behold

awww bless ! I was up because my children had left their mobiles hanging around & they kept bleeping every 5 secs due to low battery - so that was that ,no more sleep for me -
will catch up soon enough -Am sending some Karma to help with sick dogs - or ould if I knew how !!
Old Sep 20th 2009, 7:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

MooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond repute

Yes will deffo be up for the next meet-up sorry i didnt make the last one, had internet probs and only saw it was happening the day after

Hopefully kids will start school this week, just before the half term i know
Am gonna enrole them today Picked up forms on Friday
Old Sep 20th 2009, 8:23 pm
Forum Regular

forshy is a name known to allforshy is a name known to allforshy is a name known to allforshy is a name known to allforshy is a name known to allforshy is a name known to allforshy is a name known to allforshy is a name known to allforshy is a name known to allforshy is a name known to allforshy is a name known to all

Originally Posted by MooMoo290373
Well we touched down in Auckland on 27th August, stayed overnight then drove down to papaoma The drive was lovely
We stayed a few days at a motel, then checked into a fully furnished apartment.
We brought a car, found a rental ( we move in this Thurs) spent loads of time walking along the beach.
Climbed up the mount( it nearly killed me) must get fitter
Hubby has started work today on the wards after a induction week.
Hopefully kids will start school next week once we are in our rental, as we are far out of school zone at the minute

This place is so lovely and the people we have spoke to are so friendly and welcoming it is already starting to feel like home
Thank - you I felt so comforted by your posts! I am also a psycho nurse i have a job waiting in auckland, coming over in oct for a reccy and hoping to move out in march 2010!
sounds like your having an amazing time, where are you living?

alison
Old Nov 9th 2009, 10:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

MooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Sorry just aw this we are living in Papamoa BOP and loving it still nearly been here 3 months now
Old Nov 10th 2009, 11:11 am
We're HERE!!!

Kija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Am Loolah
Excuse my middle of the night response - poorly, sick dog again ...

I think you'll find I did try to organise a meet up (see Meet Up's section) but no newbies responded, that combined with me and 2 of my kids being sick I bailed I'm afraid. But I did spy Mr Bolton1 in Gail & Doug's so I'm told!

Anyway, dog sick, Hubster in hospital, so can't run welcoming committee at the mo, sorry.
Oh dear sorry to hear that Am Loolah hope OH and Stan get better very soon (I'm in the same boat with two of my dogs so I sort of know how it is )