Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand > NZ Update
Reload this Page >

Update 2 weeks into our new life.......

Update 2 weeks into our new life.......

Old Sep 13th 2009, 7:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

MooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Update 2 weeks into our new life.......

Well we touched down in Auckland on 27th August, stayed overnight then drove down to papaoma The drive was lovely
We stayed a few days at a motel, then checked into a fully furnished apartment.
We brought a car, found a rental ( we move in this Thurs) spent loads of time walking along the beach.
Climbed up the mount( it nearly killed me) must get fitter
Hubby has started work today on the wards after a induction week.
Hopefully kids will start school next week once we are in our rental, as we are far out of school zone at the minute

This place is so lovely and the people we have spoke to are so friendly and welcoming it is already starting to feel like home
Old Sep 13th 2009, 7:32 pm
appreciate life

willand tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Update 2 weeks into our new life.......

Originally Posted by MooMoo290373
Well we touched down in Auckland on 27th August, stayed overnight then drove down to papaoma The drive was lovely
We brought a car, found a rental ( we move in this Thurs) spent loads of time walking along the beach.
Hopefully kids will start school next week once we are in our rental, as we are far out of school zone at the minute

This place is so lovely and the people we have spoke to are so friendly and welcoming it is already starting to feel like home
So glad you are settling in already sounds lovely, how is hubby finding the nz way of nursing to uk?? only asking moomoo as a nurse myself and will soon be following your footsteps

tina. x
Old Sep 13th 2009, 7:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

MooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Tina

I will find out and let you know only his first day on ward today, so not sure how he is gonna find it

Ginny
Old Sep 13th 2009, 7:40 pm
appreciate life

willand tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of light

Hi Tina

I will find out and let you know only his first day on ward today, so not sure how he is gonna find it

Ginny
well will be thinking of him, does he like the feel of the place where he working while in induction? Hope he has a good shift, good luck Mr Moomoo.

Tina. x
Old Sep 13th 2009, 7:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Yes he did like the feel of it there, he said everyone very friendly, he visited his ward while on his induction and was told another member of staff from uk he will be working work, they believe comes from our home town . He his really looking forward to getting stuck in, but was just feeling a bit nervous this morning lol
Old Sep 13th 2009, 8:34 pm
appreciate life

Yes he did like the feel of it there, he said everyone very friendly, he visited his ward while on his induction and was told another member of staff from uk he will be working work, they believe comes from our home town . He his really looking forward to getting stuck in, but was just feeling a bit nervous this morning lol
bless, have a great day, is the weather nice over there? We having a couple of weeks of sun here in wales for a change we watching the steptoe&son film, lol and then off to bed. Ginny how long did it take you all to get over the jet lag?

Tina. x
Old Sep 14th 2009, 4:07 am
BE Enthusiast

Hi Tina

Weather has been lovely

It took about 5 days for us to get over the jetlag, and about 7 for the kids lol.
Old Sep 14th 2009, 11:25 am
Forum Regular

127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light

That sounds brilliant, so pleased that things seem to be going well for you all!
and u've managed to do so much and get to work etc.. (i'm a psych nurse) and will be also interested to see how ur OH gets along on his new ward!
Good Luck with schools, work and new adventures in NZ!

Berni
Old Sep 14th 2009, 4:13 pm
Scorchy legs

Dewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond repute

Great news Moomoo, so pleased its all going so well for you all.
You sound like you are settling in very well & things a slotting in place very nicely

Thanks for update good to read how people are getting on once they have made the move.

Dewb x
Old Sep 14th 2009, 11:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

weejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Moomoo,glad all is going well. I found all the staff at my new ward very helpful,and I am still finding things I don't know almost daily! Nothing is a problem to them. Infact I was told that they don't expect me to be up to speed on all the ins and outs for at least 6 months. Hope all goes well with the move to the rental and the kids at school.

Phyl x
Old Sep 15th 2009, 4:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Margaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond repute

Hi glad to see you are settled in your new Country. Don't forget to call in the butchers to say hello to Gail & Doug tell them June sent you (Gail's Mum) they might put me on commission. The links in my signature.
Old Sep 15th 2009, 4:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

Numptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Ginny,

Lovely to hear that all is well and you are settling in
x
Old Sep 15th 2009, 7:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Margaret Parkinson
Hi glad to see you are settled in your new Country. Don't forget to call in the butchers to say hello to Gail & Doug tell them June sent you (Gail's Mum) they might put me on commission. The links in my signature.
I`ve been waiting to see you so i could have the link to the butchers thank you, will deffo pop in and see Gail and Doug
Old Sep 16th 2009, 7:21 am
BE Enthusiast

LukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond repute

I have been mostly hanging around the UAE thread as we had aimed to move over there. I think that is becoming more and more of a struggle and now have moved our attention toward NZ and Aus. (Altho NZ has been in our mind for a good couple of years now)

Its great reading peoples signatures with their significant dates.
My wife and I are going to sit down and really talk it over.

its promising reading the success stories and happines here from the number of people that have made the decision and go over to NZ.
Old Sep 16th 2009, 9:54 pm

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

I`ve been waiting to see you so i could have the link to the butchers thank you, will deffo pop in and see Gail and Doug
Try the chicken, cranberry and chestnut sausages.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.