Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand > NZ Update
Reload this Page >

IT took 4 1/2 years but ...................

IT took 4 1/2 years but ...................

Old Dec 23rd 2009, 8:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

j19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: IT took 4 1/2 years but ...................

Drop dead gorgeous guys, good on you. Hope you have a great Christmas in your new house x
Old Dec 23rd 2009, 10:59 pm
---

bourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond repute

Now that's a dick worth waiting 4.5 years for!!!! Enjoy your first Christmas in your beautiful new home with such incredible surroundings Thanks for sharing the pics!
Old Dec 24th 2009, 5:25 am
BE Enthusiast

Numptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond repute

So happy for ya. Lovely home and surroundings. Congratulations in acheiving your dream. Happy Christmas and may you have many many happy years to come x
Old Dec 24th 2009, 5:36 pm
Dorset to Dunedin

Fooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond repute

We went to my wifes boss's place last night for a BBQ, they have an 80 acre farm up the road from us, and have just built a 300m2 wedding venue in their back garden, its awesome, also they have ornate gardens which are great for the weddings, we met more locals who are our neighbours, well we can just see their lights from our house windows they are just fab people, typical Kiwis , swear like troopers, drink lots of beer, but salt of the earth, my kind of people, hard working and would give you the shirt off their back

We have a creek running near the house, and i thought to myself about putting a submersable pump in it and suck the water out for the garden, told the wifes boss' husband last nighthe said follow me and into his huge barn we went and this chap is a rural plumber, and he handed me a huge sub,esable pump," there you go try that one, its yours " they cost around $800 but he did not want a cent, bloody awesome ay ? so now i can sink this thing into the creek and water my huge lawn

Merry Christmas to you all.

Nige and family, found the dream home at last, one more piece to our NZ puzzle to complete.... The citizenship
Old Dec 25th 2009, 8:34 am
---

bourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fooferfish
We have a creek running near the house, and i thought to myself about putting a submersable pump in it and suck the water out for the garden, told the wifes boss' husband last nighthe said follow me and into his huge barn we went and this chap is a rural plumber, and he handed me a huge sub,esable pump," there you go try that one, its yours " they cost around $800 but he did not want a cent, bloody awesome ay ? so now i can sink this thing into the creek and water my huge lawn

Merry Christmas to you all.
In an old oil drum or similar seems to be the way!
Old Dec 25th 2009, 4:44 pm
appreciate life

willand tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by bourbon-biscuit
In an old oil drum or similar seems to be the way!
OMG what a place to be eh??? We are so nervous but excited, but deep down sure we are making the right move gonna miss people so so much though thats all though. $ weeks today and we will be in the air so happy to see what we can achieve one day. Merry christmas to you. x x x x
Old Dec 25th 2009, 5:19 pm
Dorset to Dunedin

Fooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond repute

Its all here if you want it we just had enough of the town life, was ok for some time, but have always wanted to live in the Wop wops, could never afford to live in a village in Dorset, but here its more affordable, and the country folk are amazing.

Boubon biscuit, where abouts you heading to in NZ, hope its not Bloody Auckland lol now thats a place i would not live, even if you paid me
Old Dec 26th 2009, 9:41 am
BE Forum Addict

weejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond repute

Nige,bloody awesome mate;nice one. Hope you have many happy years there.

Phyl x
Old Dec 26th 2009, 8:55 pm
Dorset to Dunedin

Volleyball on the lawn

The wild ducks that come for a feed every day

The kitchen diner/lounge

The playground in the garden, and the rope swing, the tree was asking for it !!
Old Dec 27th 2009, 6:50 am
---

Originally Posted by Fooferfish

Boubon biscuit, where abouts you heading to in NZ, hope its not Bloody Auckland lol now thats a place i would not live, even if you paid me
Already here Fooferfish- lived in rural central Hawkes Bay for two years and been in Waikato since August, alas not rural though

The oil drum suggestion was genuine- so long as it's clean that was what we were recommended when in similar situation
Old Dec 28th 2009, 7:55 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Congratulations - living your dream, absolutely brillaint!
Old Dec 30th 2009, 11:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

WheelsOfSteel is on a distinguished road

Kinda how I feel to a certain extent (Nigel's original post). We have a lovely place with great views all around the bay, but can't help thinking I want to move into a more secluded area and get a hobby farm or such-like. At least a few chucks and sheep.

Brought this place about 5 years ago and live in it on and off when not over-seas, and have done some nice modernization to it, but like you, the country is calling. All in good time... Will miss the sea though - oh the complications.

Anyway, congrats and enjoy...

WOS
Old Dec 31st 2009, 11:05 am
Scorchy legs

Dewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond repute

WOW
I love your house am actually drooling, not pretty at all

Well done in going for it

Dewb
Old Jan 7th 2010, 5:41 am
Dorset to Dunedin

Well we have been in our country pad for a few weeks now and TBH its bloody awesome, feels like we have been here for years , hindsight is a wonderful thing and i wish we could have done this years ago, we can sit on the decks and just look to the hills and farmland , the wild ducks are sitting on 10 eggs or in Kiwi terms ( iggs) and i recon we will soon see them on the lawn pecking at the doors with their mum lol the rooster is still here ( just ) got used to him crowing at 430am dont here him now we lock him away at night, so all good there.

we love the piece and quiet, its beautiful, the Blue Herons that nest every year in the Macro trees, have all flown the nest, there is a creek running near the house and i have walked up and down it, and i recon i will get my metal dtectore in there as i found out years ago some of these creeks produced gold also there is trout in there to, so all in all we have got ourselves a dream house in an awesome location, not far from work , and enough distance from town .

Getting this place has made it all come together for us, its taken some time, but we have finaly made it, the house is an investment for our early retirement, we would like to sale this in years to come and buy a 20ft luxury coach and tour NZ, OZ and into Europe, what a way to go, well thats the plan we hope will happen.
Old Jan 8th 2010, 4:08 am
---

And a fine plan it is too

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.