Three years here

Old Oct 16th 2013, 7:48 pm
Pilottinker

pilottinker is a splendid one to beholdpilottinker is a splendid one to beholdpilottinker is a splendid one to beholdpilottinker is a splendid one to beholdpilottinker is a splendid one to beholdpilottinker is a splendid one to beholdpilottinker is a splendid one to beholdpilottinker is a splendid one to beholdpilottinker is a splendid one to beholdpilottinker is a splendid one to beholdpilottinker is a splendid one to behold
Default Three years here

Hi Everyone

We moved to Central Otago three years ago, after some time in USA care of the Royal Navy. My Husband retired and we wanted a safe and beautiful country to bring up our three teenagers. Central Otago was excellent for the kids who made lots of friends and enjoyed all the sporting activities. We got involved with rowing and netball but career wise it was not good for me and we moved and bought a Dream house in Dunedin. I also got a job at the Hospital and I kind of landed on my feet there too , working with the friendliest and kindest nurses of my career so far.

The kids have got into the best schools in Dunedin ( my opinion) Columba and John McGlashan College and continue with academic and sporting success. If they do to Dunedin University they can still live at home until they choose to spread their wings.

We pinch ourselves when we look out our window at the rolling hills of unspoilt countryside down to the sea , and are very thankful to be here .
Any down sides ? We are a long way from anything else but would this place be so special if it was merged with the next town and had a higher population ?
Good Luck with anyone else who chooses to come to South Island, New Zealand
Old Oct 17th 2013, 12:47 am

Catchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Three years here

Thanks for that great update! Sounds like you are all settled in very nicely. Glad your kids have made the transition so well.
Old Oct 18th 2013, 6:58 pm
Life is what YOU make it.

Stormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond repute

Excellent post...so nice to hear from someone who appreciates the solitude the country offers as opposed to the small market making food more expensive.....
Old Nov 11th 2013, 8:04 pm
Forum Regular

e4ebs is just really nicee4ebs is just really nicee4ebs is just really nicee4ebs is just really nicee4ebs is just really nicee4ebs is just really nicee4ebs is just really nicee4ebs is just really nice

Originally Posted by pilottinker
Hi Everyone

We moved to Central Otago three years ago, after some time in USA care of the Royal Navy. My Husband retired and we wanted a safe and beautiful country to bring up our three teenagers. Central Otago was excellent for the kids who made lots of friends and enjoyed all the sporting activities. We got involved with rowing and netball but career wise it was not good for me and we moved and bought a Dream house in Dunedin. I also got a job at the Hospital and I kind of landed on my feet there too , working with the friendliest and kindest nurses of my career so far.

The kids have got into the best schools in Dunedin ( my opinion) Columba and John McGlashan College and continue with academic and sporting success. If they do to Dunedin University they can still live at home until they choose to spread their wings.

We pinch ourselves when we look out our window at the rolling hills of unspoilt countryside down to the sea , and are very thankful to be here .
Any down sides ? We are a long way from anything else but would this place be so special if it was merged with the next town and had a higher population ?
Good Luck with anyone else who chooses to come to South Island, New Zealand

*waves from Invercargill*