Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand > NZ Update
Reload this Page >

For those who remember me.. It wasnt supposed to end so well..

For those who remember me.. It wasnt supposed to end so well..

Old Apr 21st 2013, 6:53 am
BE Enthusiast

Wessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to behold
Default For those who remember me.. It wasnt supposed to end so well..

Hello All,
I'l get straight into it..Bullet points are easier..[LIST]
  • Leave Essex alone April 2011 after job offer on wtr visa, kids and partner joining Aug 2011 all visa'd up too.
  • Arrive in Oamaru SI.. Start work with Electrix.
  • One month later, move to Otemata still on my own.
  • One month after..Find out partner has been cheating on me... I end our relationship.. With them still in the UK. Not easy.. Totally gutted. Known her 21 yrs.
  • She then makes me tell the kids on skype mum and dad have split up.. I didn't tell them why. Kids aged 11 & 16.
  • I had the hardest decision to make..Do I stay or go back for the kids
  • F#@k her, I stay with the original plan to get the kids out here..
    • I meet a Kiwi girl in ChCh and she is so EPIC..
    • I plan to move to ChCh to her place.
  • Two years has just passed and she has signed custody of lad now 13 over to me so im going to get him in two weeks time..Woo Hoo..
  • The girl now 18 is happy at Brighton Uni for now..
  • Ex said she has "moved on" as she knew he would always come out here.. Thats why she off loaded him!.Don't start me on her!!..
  • House sold after 2 days on the market.
  • Going to move in with girlfriend in ChjCh on return with my lad.

As i said, it was never suposed to go like this but hey..Life is a real funny thing.. My opinions about stuff sure has changed!!.. Any questions, please ask lol..
Old Apr 21st 2013, 8:32 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: For those who remember me.. It wasnt suposed so end so well..

whoa, that was a bumpy start. glad that it seems to have worked itself out.
Hope your boys settles in quickly and enjoys all the sites you must be so excited about showing him.
Old Apr 21st 2013, 8:37 am
Joined on April fools day

Beaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wessa
Hello All,
  • Leave Essex alone April 2011 after job offer on wtr visa, kids and partner joining Aug 2011 all visa'd up too.
  • One month after..Find out partner has been cheating on me... I end our relationship.. With them still in the UK. Not easy.. Totally gutted. Known her 21 yrs.
  • She then makes me tell the kids on skype mum and dad have split up.. I didn't tell them why. Kids aged 11 & 16.
  • Two years has just passed and she has signed custody of lad now 13 over to me so im going to get him in two weeks time..Woo Hoo..
  • Ex said she has "moved on" as she knew he would always come out here.. Thats why she off loaded him!.Don't start me on her!!..

As i said, it was never suposed to go like this but hey..Life is a real funny thing.. My opinions about stuff sure has changed!!.. Any questions, please ask lol..
Keep your head up, and you usually land on your feet:
Old Apr 21st 2013, 9:00 am

Snap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond repute

Blimey Wessa ! You've been through the mill ! Glad you've got a fresh start coming and you must be looking forward to getting your son home to Christchurch.

Hope it all works out for you. Does your son and your girlfriend get along ok ? Hope your son settles into his new school ok. Sounds like he's got a lot of changes to adjust to at such a young age.

This isn't a rebound relationship for you and your EPIC new girlfriend is it ?

Last edited by Snap Shot; Apr 21st 2013 at 9:44 am.
Old Apr 21st 2013, 3:38 pm
Forum Regular

Trinamch has a brilliant futureTrinamch has a brilliant futureTrinamch has a brilliant futureTrinamch has a brilliant futureTrinamch has a brilliant futureTrinamch has a brilliant futureTrinamch has a brilliant future

so sorry to hear that Wessa, hope it all works out for you and your new start.
Old Apr 21st 2013, 10:24 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

So just the ordinary, run-of-the-mill stuff then

Pleased it is all coming right for you now, hope your son settles in quickly & the new start goes well.
Old Apr 22nd 2013, 4:08 am

Catchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Wessa, I remember you posts when you first moved over. Good on you for sticking up for yourself. You have your lad coming soon, really awesome!
Old Apr 22nd 2013, 8:28 am
BE Forum Addict

RobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Catchafire
Hey Wessa, I remember you posts when you first moved over. Good on you for sticking up for yourself. You have your lad coming soon, really awesome!
+1
Old Apr 29th 2013, 4:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

luvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond repute

That's sad and happy at the same time.
I can't help reading it as your wanting to come to NZ and coming out without your family in tow essentially leading to the break-up of your long-term relationship.
It seems like your partner never really wanted to move to NZ? Is she really happy to kiss goodbye to her 13 year old at this point?

Family break-up seems to happen a great deal to posters on here although the strain on the relationship usually comes after arrival.
Old Apr 30th 2013, 5:50 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: For those who remember me.. It wasnt supposed to end so well..

Sorry you've had such a bumpy start and and bumpy journey but it sounds like things are smoothing out for you and good times are ahead

Congrats!!
Old May 2nd 2013, 6:23 am
Account Closed

DandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: For those who remember me.. It wasnt supposed to end so well..

Originally Posted by Wessa
Hello All,

OMG, we moved out here within a few weeks of each other, well done for you sticking it out Nasty UK girl loses out lovely NZ wins. You and your lad will have a brill life here xx