5 Years in NZ

Old Jan 1st 2017, 9:10 am
BE Forum Addict

chippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond repute
Smile 5 Years in NZ

Where has the time gone?

So, 7th December marked the 5th anniversary of my arrival in NZ, where I was reunited with my husband and 2 sons after 14 months apart, trying to sell our house in the UK.

5 years on - we attended our Citizenship ceremony in Christchurch in September. It was a fun evening, with so many different nationalities represented.
We now own a large debt - luckily it came with a free house . After 5 years of renting in ChCh, we were finally in the position to buy. After much consideration, we settled on Oxford and found a 1909 cottage on a 1/4 acre section - living the Kiwi dream . We still work in ChCh and it takes around 40 mins to get there but coming from the UK, we are fine with that. Once we get home, it is so worth it . It also meant we could get another dog, so we now have 2 scatty retired greyhounds.

I still miss family - my daughter is expecting her 3rd baby this month and her partner has walked out and my Mum had a nasty fall resulting in a hip replacement. It's at times such as those that you realise just how far away we are.

So, there you have it! Happy New Year to you all!
Attached Thumbnails 5 Years in NZ-152-main-st-1.jpg   5 Years in NZ-15590450_10154338249294601_1612659706832529629_n.jpg  
Old Jan 2nd 2017, 11:19 am
BE Enthusiast

Mishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 5 Years in NZ

Congratulations Chippy!

P.s I love your house!

Michelle
Old Jan 2nd 2017, 10:45 pm
Just Joined

cornflakes_everywhere is an unknown quantity at this point

Congratulations, that all sounds really amazing, except of course for missing family

Currently it takes me 40 minutes to commute to my office only 5 miles away. So looking forward to New Zealand commuting!!
Old Jan 3rd 2017, 3:17 am
BE Forum Addict

chippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you
Old Feb 4th 2017, 6:26 am
Just Joined

Ali7 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by chippy64
Where has the time gone?

So, 7th December marked the 5th anniversary of my arrival in NZ, where I was reunited with my husband and 2 sons after 14 months apart, trying to sell our house in the UK.

5 years on - we attended our Citizenship ceremony in Christchurch in September. It was a fun evening, with so many different nationalities represented.
We now own a large debt - luckily it came with a free house . After 5 years of renting in ChCh, we were finally in the position to buy. After much consideration, we settled on Oxford and found a 1909 cottage on a 1/4 acre section - living the Kiwi dream . We still work in ChCh and it takes around 40 mins to get there but coming from the UK, we are fine with that. Once we get home, it is so worth it . It also meant we could get another dog, so we now have 2 scatty retired greyhounds.

I still miss family - my daughter is expecting her 3rd baby this month and her partner has walked out and my Mum had a nasty fall resulting in a hip replacement. It's at times such as those that you realise just how far away we are.

So, there you have it! Happy New Year to you all!
Missing home is the worst!!! Maybe one day your daughter and her kids will join you. Hope your mother recovers fast!! X