Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand > NZ Update
Reload this Page >

Second Thoughts 2 Months In...

Second Thoughts 2 Months In...

Old Jan 2nd 2011, 10:37 am
Forum Regular

Droidling has much to be proud ofDroidling has much to be proud ofDroidling has much to be proud ofDroidling has much to be proud ofDroidling has much to be proud ofDroidling has much to be proud ofDroidling has much to be proud ofDroidling has much to be proud ofDroidling has much to be proud ofDroidling has much to be proud ofDroidling has much to be proud of
Default Re: Second Thoughts 2 Months In...

Great way to see a bit of the place and staying in backpackers you usually meet some good folk. Some are on big trips,so watch out you might be inspired !
There's some great weekenders you can take from Welly (Or Auckland) so with 3 months summer lined up fill your boots. Enjoy. I used to have a Honda Fireblade/backpack/lightweight tent (just in case) and just set off there's no feeling like it.
P.S. Keep the faith (Vs Man City Weds night COYG !!)
Old Jan 2nd 2011, 9:31 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Stormer999
Hey Bevs that is exactly how the UK delegated holidays to all of it's industries
Yes I know. I was there way back in the 70's when this was the norm.One would have hoped we had all moved on from that. It hasn't been that way for my husband's relatives in the Midlands ( who work within industry) for several decades now .

Personally , we'd like to be able to be allowed to choose when 2 of the weeks can be taken.
Old Jan 3rd 2011, 12:57 am
By name and by nature

Batty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond repute

oh too hot and bothered in Auckland and just plain grumpy - best left unsaid.

Last edited by Batty; Jan 3rd 2011 at 2:21 am.
Old Jan 3rd 2011, 4:31 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Batty
oh too hot and bothered in Auckland and just plain grumpy - best left unsaid.
I wish I was a glow worm, A glow worm's never glum.
'Cos how can you be grumpy, When the sun shines out your bum!
Old Jan 5th 2011, 7:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

RobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS
Quality!!
Old Jan 6th 2011, 8:27 pm
Near the outer fringe

JohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS
Can't we get one of those little 'like' buttons like they have on facebook?
Old Jan 8th 2011, 5:43 am
BE Enthusiast

Perry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DennisBergkamp
Well outside work isnt too great as i've only got 3 friends so far

The problem is its hard to make friends therefore boredom/lonliness/a little homesickness is starting to creep in

I've been driving round checking many places and sights out - but it would be good to do something different from time to time
Go watch Wellington Phoenix - oh yeah you said something not boring
Old Jan 8th 2011, 10:18 pm
Forum Regular

DennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Perry Groves
Go watch Wellington Phoenix - oh yeah you said something not boring
I have managed to stay up very late or skive work in the morning to see Arsenal

Will do the same for Arsenal vs Barca

Arsenal always comes before work in my opinion
Old Jan 9th 2011, 3:14 am
BE Enthusiast

Perry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DennisBergkamp
I have managed to stay up very late or skive work in the morning to see Arsenal

Will do the same for Arsenal vs Barca

Arsenal always comes before work in my opinion
Too right mate!
Old Jan 9th 2011, 4:01 pm
Forum Regular

nicorsts1 is just really nicenicorsts1 is just really nicenicorsts1 is just really nicenicorsts1 is just really nicenicorsts1 is just really nicenicorsts1 is just really nicenicorsts1 is just really nicenicorsts1 is just really nicenicorsts1 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Perry Groves
Too right mate!
I'll 2nd that... c'mon The Arsenal hoping to get to a few more games before we leave in September
Old Jan 12th 2011, 1:03 pm
Forum Regular

Leither has much to be proud ofLeither has much to be proud ofLeither has much to be proud ofLeither has much to be proud ofLeither has much to be proud ofLeither has much to be proud ofLeither has much to be proud ofLeither has much to be proud ofLeither has much to be proud ofLeither has much to be proud ofLeither has much to be proud of

Hey Bevs that is exactly how the UK delegated holidays to all of it's industries with any connection to the motor manufacturing trades. Only difference is the UK Christmas and New Year hols fell at the coldest period so vast savings were made on heating bills and the workforce all stayed indoors..... (used to be the pub until beer prices escalated).
Now there is no UK motor trade............:ohmy:
You need to stop letting your issues get in the way of the facts
Old Jan 16th 2011, 7:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

mcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to behold

Hey Bevs that is exactly how the UK delegated holidays to all of it's industries with any connection to the motor manufacturing trades. Only difference is the UK Christmas and New Year hols fell at the coldest period so vast savings were made on heating bills and the workforce all stayed indoors..... (used to be the pub until beer prices escalated).
Now there is no UK motor trade............
Hell Dude
You still posting on here? So much loathing for the UK, why are you not in utopia(NZ) Where you can enjoy a full 20 days of holiday entitlement and crap wages.