Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand > NZ Update
Reload this Page >

Numpty's finally update

Numpty's finally update

Old Dec 1st 2009, 10:10 pm
appreciate life

willand tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Numpty's finally update

Originally Posted by Numptyhead
Hi Tina

Hey so well done on the BMI...wow....... Good luck with all your plans. Hope to hear some good news soon x
Hey hon, so glad to hear from you, god you sound exhausted!!!!!! Read up on my more delays, very good news have come our way, the ma have finally passed my medical.

Take care p.s what nursing do you do? Im in district here, but going into bupa over NZ elderly as next best love to community for me. Bless.

Tina. x
Old Dec 2nd 2009, 4:35 am
BE Enthusiast

Numptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Tina.

I'm in Emergency Dept.

Congratulations on getting through the medical. Thats brilliant news
Old Dec 2nd 2009, 7:35 am
BE Enthusiast

Psychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to behold

Oh Numpty - how good are you - replying to everyone individually - you spoil us so

I am feeling a bit better about the move now - had a bit of a morale boosing pm from the Bevs - she told me to get over myself and just get on with it - so i am x

As of yesterday we now have less than 5 weeks to go - Leaving party on Saturday. Lots to do that will carry me through most of December. I am quite sure now that by the time i have the time to give this thing any major thought could be when we are on the plane - by then i really will have to get over myself eh.

I am so pleased that everything is going well for you and the small ones. Keep the updates coming x

Love Psycho x

p.s. - someone doing a 'big jollop' on the floor and me having to clean it up would have given me a shitter of a day aswell
Old Dec 2nd 2009, 8:36 pm
appreciate life

willand tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Psychopandy
Oh Numpty - how good are you - replying to everyone individually - you spoil us so

I am feeling a bit better about the move now - had a bit of a morale boosing pm from the Bevs - she told me to get over myself and just get on with it - so i am x

As of yesterday we now have less than 5 weeks to go - Leaving party on Saturday. Lots to do that will carry me through most of December. I am quite sure now that by the time i have the time to give this thing any major thought could be when we are on the plane - by then i really will have to get over myself eh.

I am so pleased that everything is going well for you and the small ones. Keep the updates coming x

Love Psycho x

p.s. - someone doing a 'big jollop' on the floor and me having to clean it up would have given me a shitter of a day aswell

very nuce numpt. Awh psych I already know that I will be thinking the same as you as soon as we book our flights and know thats it

Sure all will be great though, its getting past those see ya laters aint it and getting on that bludy plane.

Love and needed hugs to you form me.

Tina. x
Old Dec 2nd 2009, 8:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Psychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by willand tina_h
very nuce numpt. Awh psych I already know that I will be thinking the same as you as soon as we book our flights and know thats it

Sure all will be great though, its getting past those see ya laters aint it and getting on that bludy plane.

Love and needed hugs to you form me.

Tina. x
Really not looking forward to the see ya laters. that is really gonna bite.

I am really pleased for you that you have at last got that BMI down. did you loose inches aswell? a dress size or 2 or just lower BMI?

well done x
Old Dec 2nd 2009, 8:48 pm
appreciate life

Originally Posted by Psychopandy
Really not looking forward to the see ya laters. that is really gonna bite.

I am really pleased for you that you have at last got that BMI down. did you loose inches aswell? a dress size or 2 or just lower BMI?

well done x
I lost 9 and half inches massive difference I tell you, sadly shape has changed floppy again a bit, so must get back to curves and the gym as liked the way I was looking.

Tina. x
Old Dec 2nd 2009, 9:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by willand tina_h
I lost 9 and half inches massive difference I tell you, sadly shape has changed floppy again a bit, so must get back to curves and the gym as liked the way I was looking.

Tina. x
9 1/2 inches -bloody hell - thats a small child you shed!! that must have felt great.

I used to go to the gym alot - then i stopped - and where i ever found the time to go, i havent a clue.
Its a wonderful motivating invigorating thing but so easy to get out of the habit with.
I got a bike a year or 2 back and love it. I am looking forward to using it to explore the local area when we move to Cambridge. Its better now the youngest can ride confidently but theres nothing better than getting out on my own (preferrably with a big hill to go down)
I would heartily recommend a bike if you want something to keep you fit and invigorated. (but not in this bloody weather we are having here - not sorry its on the high sea in a box at the moment).
Old Dec 3rd 2009, 2:39 am
---

bourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond repute

Home cooking is the way forward here. Most takeaways taste shite as does the frozen food (pizza etc). We had fush and chups last night coz of my nightmare shift. I had no idea what fish to have, so I had Hoki…urgh. Tom had blue whitening which was far better, but we won’t be going there again for a long time or earlier if the senile dementia kicks in again and we forget how crap it was.
You must have gotten very unlucky with where you get your take-outs because I find the standard here Very High Indeed. Indian and Thai in particular are excellent and nothing could entice me back to a bag of grease-laden UK style chips with a revolting bit of frozen battered fish when you can get fresh snapper and chups cooked to order- yum! I miss Hawkes Bay fish and chips because the really decent stuff is dear here in Cambridge.

Keep trying the take-outs!

Right with you on the frozen food other than the odd bit of crumbed fish.
Old Dec 3rd 2009, 7:30 pm
Forum Regular

127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light

Hi Tina.

I'm in Emergency Dept.

Congratulations on getting through the medical. Thats brilliant news
Hi there Numptyhead.... Just to say well done on getting there... and im really pleased that your enjoying your new life there!
We are nurses too.. and are hoping to get there early 2010?
We shall see.... I shall keep looking for your updates.. really good!

Berni
x
Old Dec 4th 2009, 6:45 am
BE Forum Addict

luvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bourbon-biscuit
lol, this has made me remember something I'd long forgotten- when we first arrived in Hawkes Bay in Jan 2007 we collected a hire car from the airport and they said we could drop it back in Hastings (much more convienient), just park infront of and drop keys through the door next to the Celtic.

We drove round and round and round looking for the 'Celtic', cursing ourselves that we hadn't thought to get a full address and cursing the Kiwi laidbackness that had assumed it would be obvious to all. Eventually we pulled up in a garage and I went in and asked where on earth I could find the Celtic. Lad looks at me like I'm completely stupid and says I've found it. I'm stood in the Caltex garage, which we had circled about 8 times
However hard I try I still can't get Caltex to sound like Celtic in my head but maybe this is why today even after a couple of years here, it took a poor bloke at the garage 3 attempts and a jangle of car keys and a jesticulation towards a minibus to get me to understand that he was simply asking me, having dropped my car off for a service 'dya wanna ride anywhere?'
He wasn't best pleased at my failure to understand Kiwi vernacular either and was no doubt thinking 'stupid pom'.
Glad it's still all going well Numptyhead...sorry for the continued hijack.