New home

Old Nov 2nd 2012, 7:51 am
Forum Regular

Mrs Pointer is just really niceMrs Pointer is just really niceMrs Pointer is just really niceMrs Pointer is just really niceMrs Pointer is just really niceMrs Pointer is just really niceMrs Pointer is just really niceMrs Pointer is just really niceMrs Pointer is just really niceMrs Pointer is just really niceMrs Pointer is just really nice
Default New home

That's us just moved into our newly built home after 2 years in crappy rentals (here and in Scotland - we have two big 'dugs'). I have loved living in nz but the mouldy rental did taint it a bit, but now we've moved into the new pad (north facing, amazing view, much wind - you only get the view with wind in welly) we are loving it even more.

We have a good mix of kiwi and expat friends. My OH finds work a bit challenging (kiwis and health and safety don't mix) but i don't find my workplace (govt agency) any different to the uk.

I always miss my family and friends (it comes and goes), especially my niece born after we moved here, but I find the technology keeps me in touch.

But mostly I just love the big sky, the space and being beside the sea. And the sun shines more than in Scotland (and when it doesn't...well we've now got gas central heating).
Old Nov 2nd 2012, 11:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

scottishstacey has a reputation beyond reputescottishstacey has a reputation beyond reputescottishstacey has a reputation beyond reputescottishstacey has a reputation beyond reputescottishstacey has a reputation beyond reputescottishstacey has a reputation beyond reputescottishstacey has a reputation beyond reputescottishstacey has a reputation beyond reputescottishstacey has a reputation beyond reputescottishstacey has a reputation beyond reputescottishstacey has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New home

Originally Posted by Mrs Pointer
That's us just moved into our newly built home after 2 years in crappy rentals (here and in Scotland - we have two big 'dugs'). I have loved living in nz but the mouldy rental did taint it a bit, but now we've moved into the new pad (north facing, amazing view, much wind - you only get the view with wind in welly) we are loving it even more.

We have a good mix of kiwi and expat friends. My OH finds work a bit challenging (kiwis and health and safety don't mix) but i don't find my workplace (govt agency) any different to the uk.

I always miss my family and friends (it comes and goes), especially my niece born after we moved here, but I find the technology keeps me in touch.

But mostly I just love the big sky, the space and being beside the sea. And the sun shines more than in Scotland (and when it doesn't...well we've now got gas central heating).
Bet your not missing our winters!

Glad your settling, long may it continue
Old Nov 4th 2012, 7:17 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New home

so jealous of your gas central heating, we don't have piped gas in the bay so no way we can get it.

I agree with the wind situation, not sure I'll ever get used to it but I suppose that's just something you have to put up with to have the scenery we do.
Glad things have just got better and remain so now you are in your own place.