It's time to leave

Old Mar 20th 2013, 1:27 am
jmh
BE Forum Addict

jmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: It's time to leave

Originally Posted by Choccie
I agree about the "is this an age thing!" heading back in about 3 weeks and am really hoping for the answer to be abundantly clear! I'm not holding my breath though.
It could be an age thing. I did it all in reverse to you. Left NZ in 1986 to UK, then returned to NZ in 2011. I was in my late 40's and aware of family (esp parents) issues. For most of my time in the UK I was just getting on with it and enjoying life, but gradually I felt I wanted to come home. Glad I did, and yes, even though I am a proud UK Citizen and spent half my life there, there is something about returning to the country you grew up in.
Old Mar 20th 2013, 10:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

Assanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond repute

I think that confusion and unsettling feelings and questions have not necessarily something to do with age or location. It might be more a case of awareness. You need to listen to yourself and have a good look at what is really bothering you. Then you can work at a solution.

Last edited by Assanah; Mar 20th 2013 at 10:34 pm.
Old Mar 21st 2013, 12:48 pm
Iwannagohome.

pintaguiness-pickledegg is just really nicepintaguiness-pickledegg is just really nicepintaguiness-pickledegg is just really nicepintaguiness-pickledegg is just really nicepintaguiness-pickledegg is just really nicepintaguiness-pickledegg is just really nicepintaguiness-pickledegg is just really nicepintaguiness-pickledegg is just really nice

Thank you Assanah for your words of wisdom. Have been listening to myself for years and rarely get a satisfactory answer, ha!! I'm making sure that no rash decisions are made, hence the extended holiday that will potentially end up a working/schooling/readjusting phase. It will only be after this period that OH and I (poor kids!!) will do anything drastic. Very, very lucky we have understanding family that will take us in for us to do a trial run. My full admiration goes out to anybody brave enough to just get on with doing the lock, stock and barrel back to blighty mission! Lots of luck to anyone considering.
Old Mar 21st 2013, 6:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Assanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pintaguiness-pickledegg
Thank you Assanah for your words of wisdom. Have been listening to myself for years and rarely get a satisfactory answer, ha!! I'm making sure that no rash decisions are made, hence the extended holiday that will potentially end up a working/schooling/readjusting phase. It will only be after this period that OH and I (poor kids!!) will do anything drastic. Very, very lucky we have understanding family that will take us in for us to do a trial run. My full admiration goes out to anybody brave enough to just get on with doing the lock, stock and barrel back to blighty mission! Lots of luck to anyone considering.
I know the feeling. It is amazing how difficult it is to find out what is really going on inside. Anyhow, I didn't mean to imply that you were doing something rash. Best of luck to you.