Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand > NZ Update
Reload this Page >

It's that time I guess...

It's that time I guess...

Old Jan 18th 2015, 4:18 am
She'll be right

Pom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond repute
Default It's that time I guess...

This time two years ago to the exact day my partner and I had just boarded our one way flight to Christchurch! In no way does it feel like two years ago, but as they say time flies when you're having fun.

Our biggest milestone has been buying a house, our first home. Gradually putting our stamp on the place and have mainly been working really hard in the garden. It has been a bit of a project for us as we took it over in poor condition. We've enjoyed every minute of it so far (apart from the weeding!) Next project is building a pizza oven, which shall commence in a couple of weeks! Extending the veggie patch was also a great little project and worth the effort as we now have potatoes, tomatoes, runner beans, butter beans, birdseye chillies and purple broccoli. We don't go hungry that's for sure! We even plan on extending it more and prepping it for next season within the next few weeks. After I've hit submit I shall be foraging for tonight's dinner and eating out on the decking in the sunshine with a cheeky Marlborough Sav

We also introduced two bundles of cuteness in the form of kittens into our home just four days after moving in. They were just three months old when we picked them up from the SPCA having just recovered from cat flu. Now they have just had their first birthday! General hobbies include catching butterflies, rolling in mud then jumping on the couch, eating flies/cicadas whole as well as the usual sleeping and growling at neighborhood cats from the comfort of their window ledge.

I have also set up my own business running from home. So far so good, business is growing at the rate I would like. It's a bit of a juggle trying to manage two jobs plus the business, but I know it will be worth it in the end when I can give one of those jobs up, which isn't too far off So easy to set up as well. Had a chat with a councillor at a community get together to see if there would be any problems and her response was "na, you'll be fine. As long as you're business doesn't make noise or smell then it's good as gold." There's me expecting red tape, but nope, non of that malarkey.

Apart from that life ticks along nicely really. Getting out and about as much as we can and seeing lots of this awesome wee corner of the world. Off up to the north island for a three week holiday in Feb/March for some diving and general lazing about!

So what's in store for the future? More adventures, bigger business, improving our home, travel to Oz and Pacific Islands and learning to surf!

Pleased we moved? Hell yes
Old Jan 18th 2015, 6:58 am
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: It's that time I guess...

A story that doesn't involve everything turning to custard
or any moaning about the cost of things or bad driving.

So nice to hear some good news from a happy customer.
Old Jan 18th 2015, 9:07 am
Forum Regular

pom4gud is a glorious beacon of lightpom4gud is a glorious beacon of lightpom4gud is a glorious beacon of lightpom4gud is a glorious beacon of lightpom4gud is a glorious beacon of lightpom4gud is a glorious beacon of lightpom4gud is a glorious beacon of lightpom4gud is a glorious beacon of lightpom4gud is a glorious beacon of lightpom4gud is a glorious beacon of lightpom4gud is a glorious beacon of light

How lovely - good on ya!

New Zealand is lucky to have you
Old Feb 17th 2015, 11:08 am
Just Joined

LondonKiwi is an unknown quantity at this point

This was the first post I have read on this site, and was pleasantly surprised to hear such a positive story. Good luck for the future!
Old Feb 18th 2015, 7:11 am
Happy in Wellington

RobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond repute

Glad you're enjoying it here.
Old Feb 22nd 2015, 6:45 am
She'll be right

Pom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks everyone

Just had a great weekend up in Blenheim running the Yealands Yak - charging around the vineyards with some girlfriends whilst having the opportunity to taste copious amounts of wine! Gorgeous weather and scenery, breath taking actually. Stood at the top of the vineyard looking over the grapevines out to towards the ocean with the mountains to the side. So pleased to be here!
Attached Thumbnails It's that time I guess...-wp_20140301_028.jpg   It's that time I guess...-wp_20140301_057.jpg   It's that time I guess...-wp_20140301_051.jpg