I am going to say I want to leave

I am going to say I want to leave

Old Sep 20th 2013, 7:20 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: I am going to say I want to leave

Originally Posted by pippalonghorn
what is central heating?

oh yes. It's that system in your house that keeps you warm in the cold weather and stops you from getting flu and mould growth on your walls! New Zealanders say " we don't need that. No worries!"

YES YOU BLEEDING DO! It's like being in one of my counselling meetings back home. YOU ARE IN DENIAL.
Umm. Point of order here.
You would still get colds and flu even with CH in your home.
I can vouch for the fact it doesn't stop mold or condensation .

What it does give though is that wonderful ambient warmth throughout a property and I do miss that.
Old Sep 20th 2013, 7:26 am
BE Forum Addict

RedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LukeandJo
NZ is a great place, but to sacrifice leaving family and having such a huge emptiness inside out weighs the NZ outdoors lifestyle so many people desire.

It will be a long conversation for sure...I will leave with alot of career experience and certainly a different outlook in life.

We shall see what comes of the discussions...
Sounds like your just ready for the next step of change in your life. No regrets and thankful for the opportunity approach.

Well done and good luck
Old Oct 16th 2013, 10:12 pm
Just Joined

Evolve2013 has a reputation beyond reputeEvolve2013 has a reputation beyond reputeEvolve2013 has a reputation beyond reputeEvolve2013 has a reputation beyond reputeEvolve2013 has a reputation beyond reputeEvolve2013 has a reputation beyond reputeEvolve2013 has a reputation beyond reputeEvolve2013 has a reputation beyond reputeEvolve2013 has a reputation beyond reputeEvolve2013 has a reputation beyond reputeEvolve2013 has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck with your move. Just like you I am very close to my siblings and it just made less and less sense being across the other side of the world. We have come back and now I feel at peace again. Yes NZ is a beautiful place but it always felt alien. Now I drink in our beautiful surroundings, love all the seasons, enjoy xmas shopping in the cold (not listening to jingle bells in the blazing heat and the best bit, time with my wonderful family. I wish you the same
Old Oct 17th 2013, 12:08 am
Looking for my marbles.

pippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Evolve2013
Good luck with your move. Just like you I am very close to my siblings and it just made less and less sense being across the other side of the world. We have come back and now I feel at peace again. Yes NZ is a beautiful place but it always felt alien. Now I drink in our beautiful surroundings, love all the seasons, enjoy xmas shopping in the cold (not listening to jingle bells in the blazing heat and the best bit, time with my wonderful family. I wish you the same
Wow. Im looking forward to what you are experiencing.
Old Oct 17th 2013, 12:45 am
Forum Regular

vetnurse1 has a reputation beyond reputevetnurse1 has a reputation beyond reputevetnurse1 has a reputation beyond reputevetnurse1 has a reputation beyond reputevetnurse1 has a reputation beyond reputevetnurse1 has a reputation beyond reputevetnurse1 has a reputation beyond reputevetnurse1 has a reputation beyond reputevetnurse1 has a reputation beyond reputevetnurse1 has a reputation beyond reputevetnurse1 has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck Luke and Jo. I really hope you will post some updates - many of us here will be waiting with baited breath to find out how it all goes.
Best of luck- like others have said you've got a great attitude about the whole thing and I am sure you will make it work.
All the best!
Old May 13th 2014, 6:06 am
BE Enthusiast

CarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LukeandJo
How much of difference does the weather actually make, from a day to day perspective?
If you book a weeks holiday somewhere you want good decent weather, but when you have daily chores, work etc etc you can't enjoy it all the time.

It is elements like this that I (luke) have started up put into perspective, when people justify a move little things like the weather crop up and are pressed upon strongly when hey you deal with what ever weather you get given.

For me the weather makes a huge difference to my every day life, I like the sun and when it is raining it depresses me. I love the blue skies over here, so different from those back in the UK, even on a really cold day the skies seem to be blue. I think everyone just different, I would love to stay somewhere hot and sunny year long

Best of luck on your move back, I am sure you will be happy
Old May 13th 2014, 10:24 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

It would be good to read an update from Luke and Jo. Unfortunately they haven't posted onto BE, either here or the MBBTUK forum since last September 2013.

I believe it wasn't just a disinterest in the weather. It was also house prices here v income.
Old May 19th 2014, 9:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

LukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond repute

We are still here in NZ, getting on with the daily grind and making the most of being this side of the world.
Weekends are filled with exciting things but we live in this constant missing the UK vibe and what shall we do. Living here feels very temporary.

We toy with the idea of buying a house, but the prices are crazy $$$ for what you get.

We make the most of what it is for the time being, not unhappy all the time. Just every now and then, comes in waves and is a strange feeling!