Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand > NZ Update
Reload this Page >

Five years and seven days later, we're citizens

Five years and seven days later, we're citizens

Old Feb 14th 2016, 1:45 am
Forum Regular

janiejones has a reputation beyond reputejaniejones has a reputation beyond reputejaniejones has a reputation beyond reputejaniejones has a reputation beyond reputejaniejones has a reputation beyond reputejaniejones has a reputation beyond reputejaniejones has a reputation beyond reputejaniejones has a reputation beyond reputejaniejones has a reputation beyond reputejaniejones has a reputation beyond reputejaniejones has a reputation beyond repute
Default Five years and seven days later, we're citizens

Hi all,

I didn't do a four year update because not much had changed, but five years in, and we've made the major milestone.

There were 97 of us getting our citizenships last Thursday, it was a fantastic occasion.

What we've done in the last five years:

Got permanent jobs, with more experience and better salaries than we had before we me moved;
Bought a house with a fantastic view and all day sun. It needs more renovating than we initially planned for, but we've got some good tradies through word of mouth, and it's coming along nicely.
Went to the animal shelter, and gave an elderly cat a home. She approves wholeheartedly of the new house with all day sun!

All in all, NZ has been good to us so far, and this is where we see ourselves for the foreseeable future.
Attached Thumbnails Five years and seven days later, we're citizens-20151010_101113.jpg  
Old Feb 14th 2016, 4:30 am
wish I wasn't here!

Sparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Five years and seven days later, we're citizens

awesome, congratulations on the citizenship and that it is all working out
Old Feb 14th 2016, 4:50 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: Five years and seven days later, we're citizens

Many congrats JanieJones . Sounds like your new NZ life is moving along well.

What a beautiful old pusscat. Good on you. I'm sure she loves you for having such a good heart.