almost six years!

Old Feb 18th 2016, 11:55 am
Just Joined

usedtobestoof is an unknown quantity at this point
Default almost six years!

It's been a while! I did Used To Be Stoof! I just thought I'd call in and say hello if there looked to be a few old friends still posting - and there are, so I figured I'd stay a little while and do an update... It's our little kiwi's sixth birthday next week! We came back to the UK when he was 11 weeks old...here are a couple of OLD threads for anyone vaguely interested, or who just can't remember us! http://britishexpats.com/forum/nz-update-146/were-off-659567/ http://britishexpats.com/forum/nz-update-146/home-673886/the short version of the last six years is:We expected it might be a tough trot and take a while to settle back in. That's an understatement - it's been a lot more difficult to come back and get settled than it was to leave for NZ.Early last summer, we finally started to feel like we were getting somewhere close to where we were before we left, let alone in a better place ... then MrStoof was diagnosed with cancer so we've had a bit of setback, hopefully just temporary and we'll be out the other side of it later this year.There're still the four Stoofs - now joined by Stoof-puss and Stoof-hound. Essentially we're happy and we made the right decision, but gosh it's been tough at times! Still love NZ and we're saving up to come over for a month in 2020 so we can show the youngest Stoof his birthplace and have a good ole travel around and catch up with friends...I'm going to stick around for a little while and try and catch up a bit on what I've missed in the last six years! I see at a quick glance that Rob and M have a little kiwi too - what else have I missed out on?!?!
obviously it's a while since I've last posted - I expect this might look a total mess!
Old Feb 21st 2016, 7:37 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: almost six years!

Hey up Stoof.

Lovely to see you back and it is always lovely to know how folk are getting on in life.

Very sorry to read about Mr Stoof . Hopefully that will be zapped , done and dusted by the year end as you say and 2017 will be glorious for you all.

Myself and MrBEVS are much the same really, except for being that bit older.

I still do not know where I wish to be in my adage Mr BEVS still trots along day by day plumbing and gasfitting.

2020 sounds so futuristic doesn't it.
Old Feb 29th 2016, 12:01 pm
Just Joined

usedtobestoof is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: almost six years!

nice to see you BEVS, good to hear things are going along ok!
I know, 2020 sounds ridiculous - what makes it even more peculiar for me is the thought that the younger Stoofs will be 10 and 13 at that point!! urgh
I had a quick squizz through the NZ forum last week - aside from some new names, the discussions are all comfortingly familiar, despite the six year gap!!