Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand > NZ Update
Reload this Page >

After 4.4 years, i've had enough of NZ

After 4.4 years, i've had enough of NZ

Old Feb 16th 2012, 12:25 am
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: After 4.4 years, i've had enough of NZ

Originally Posted by theghostofdustybin
It's odd then, as a democratic country, that we never do anything about it, even though we get the chance every 3 years.
I was going to abstain from voting ever again such is my distain with MPs in general. But I was shamed into voting.

And people do do something about it.....they vote the same shite in eh? Mind you not sure as it stands that labour would be any better just now.
Old Feb 16th 2012, 12:41 am
Forum Regular

Linbin has a spectacular aura aboutLinbin has a spectacular aura aboutLinbin has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Genesis
I was going to abstain from voting ever again such is my distain with MPs in general. But I was shamed into voting.

And people do do something about it.....they vote the same shite in eh? Mind you not sure as it stands that labour would be any better just now.
I dont think any of you have recent exprience of the uk if you think its better, the MPs, dont get me started, banks, local councils, political correctness so bad you feel like a foreigner in your own country, crime against person and property, abuse of children, gang culture (15 teenagers killed in 4 days over xmas in London alone. expensive housing, living expenses (although your food is v high here) suggest you go and live it for 1 year not on holiday and you will run screaming virtually anywhere in the world.
Old Feb 16th 2012, 12:48 am
BE Forum Addict

luvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Linbin
I dont think any of you have recent exprience of the uk if you think its better, the MPs, dont get me started, banks, local councils, political correctness so bad you feel like a foreigner in your own country, crime against person and property, abuse of children, gang culture (15 teenagers killed in 4 days over xmas in London alone. expensive housing, living expenses (although your food is v high here) suggest you go and live it for 1 year not on holiday and you will run screaming virtually anywhere in the world.
LOL another Daily Mail reader.
Old Feb 16th 2012, 12:49 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Except many of us do have immediate , extended family and/or friends still living back there & they are not wanting to run away screaming. My last return was 3 years ago, during winter, for several months ( not a holiday) & it wasn't quite the pithole some here described back then .

The MBTTUK forum also suggests that the place isn't a heaving mess of total anarchy.

Bit like here then.
Old Feb 16th 2012, 12:53 am
`

Originally Posted by luvwelly
You know. It puzzles me sometimes. Do some people thinkk that us lot that emigrated to New Zealand became instantly totally 100% cut off from the rest of the world, our country of origin, our families ?
Old Feb 16th 2012, 12:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by luvwelly
or writer
Old Feb 16th 2012, 1:09 am
Forum Regular

Linbin has a spectacular aura aboutLinbin has a spectacular aura aboutLinbin has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
or writer
Def not a mail reader just lived it.enjoy
Old Feb 16th 2012, 1:24 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
or writer
Not just Australia that attracts them then
Old Feb 16th 2012, 4:17 am
`

Seems not.

We're on the map at last.
Old Feb 16th 2012, 5:02 am
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute

Fair enough..I'll get my coat. On a more serious note I KNOW life here is better on a day to day basis (for us anyways) than what I left behind in the UK but I am talking about attitudes that prevail here, the way folk do stuff and the way the country is run.
Old Feb 16th 2012, 5:11 am
grumpy bugger

theghostofdustybin has a reputation beyond reputetheghostofdustybin has a reputation beyond reputetheghostofdustybin has a reputation beyond reputetheghostofdustybin has a reputation beyond reputetheghostofdustybin has a reputation beyond reputetheghostofdustybin has a reputation beyond reputetheghostofdustybin has a reputation beyond reputetheghostofdustybin has a reputation beyond reputetheghostofdustybin has a reputation beyond reputetheghostofdustybin has a reputation beyond reputetheghostofdustybin has a reputation beyond repute

i do find it odd that some people make the assumption that we have moved here because it is bad there.

It's just not true. For the record I like here and there and many places inbetween. If fact I would go as far as to say out of the 200ish places in 30ish countries I have lived in and visited they all have merits and indeed issues.

Just depends on how you react to them.
Old Feb 16th 2012, 5:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by theghostofdustybin
i do find it odd that some people make the assumption that we have moved here because it is bad there.
Couldn't agree more and with Bevs also, why people insist in trying to write off the whole of the UK as cess pit beats me. Not my experience, or that of any of my family or friends who are all still living there.

Granted they're not in the inner cities, nor living in council flats or on the dole, nor do they spend days travelling on motorways stuck in traffic, eating chicken nuggets and other such crap food.

Sometimes people need to be careful what they wish for! Moving to NZ may give them opportunity to sample someone elses bucket of shite for a while; all likelihood it will be a different consistency and in a more expensive bucket.
Old Feb 16th 2012, 6:31 am
Forum Regular

welshrgeordie is just really nicewelshrgeordie is just really nicewelshrgeordie is just really nicewelshrgeordie is just really nicewelshrgeordie is just really nicewelshrgeordie is just really nicewelshrgeordie is just really nicewelshrgeordie is just really nicewelshrgeordie is just really nicewelshrgeordie is just really nice

we live in county durham a lovely part of the uk IMO , have a lovely life , countryside on our doorstep, detached house with huge garden, great school nearb, 2 super pubs in the village. Own vege patch and a healthy life style.
However for me its the fact that I won't let my 10 year old out to play on his own as I don't feel it is safe to do so , especially in winter with the dark nights ...(Oct to march ) ... The weather is a big factor for us moving and lifestyle choices... I can't stand the long winter months and no summer year after year....Its getting so now over here. with the cost of living, that our yearly annual holiday abroad to get some sun for a week is no more ...
Old Feb 16th 2012, 8:19 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Bo-Jangles
Couldn't agree more and with Bevs also, why people insist in trying to write off the whole of the UK as cess pit beats me. Not my experience, or that of any of my family or friends who are all still living there.

Granted they're not in the inner cities, nor living in council flats or on the dole, nor do they spend days travelling on motorways stuck in traffic, eating chicken nuggets and other such crap food.

Sometimes people need to be careful what they wish for! Moving to NZ may give them opportunity to sample someone elses bucket of shite for a while; all likelihood it will be a different consistency and in a more expensive bucket.
The ONLY reason I would NOT return to the UK is simply because of overcrowding and that Kate would probably not find the niche job there that she has here. Er, and because we could not afford the life we have here there. I do think the UK IS awesome and has much going for it.
Old Feb 16th 2012, 8:49 am
`

Originally Posted by Bo-Jangles

Granted they're not in the inner cities,
A lot of his are in Wolverhampton, Crewe and the like Maybe we are mis-hearing messages from the doomed.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.