Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand > NZ Update
Reload this Page >

4 MONTH UPDATE - 8 months - 9 month update.....

4 MONTH UPDATE - 8 months - 9 month update.....

Old Mar 14th 2010, 4:06 am
Forum Regular

smudge1 has a reputation beyond reputesmudge1 has a reputation beyond reputesmudge1 has a reputation beyond reputesmudge1 has a reputation beyond reputesmudge1 has a reputation beyond reputesmudge1 has a reputation beyond reputesmudge1 has a reputation beyond reputesmudge1 has a reputation beyond reputesmudge1 has a reputation beyond reputesmudge1 has a reputation beyond reputesmudge1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 4 MONTH UPDATE

Many congratulations! I've followed your saga and am very, very pleased for you. Well done!
Old Mar 14th 2010, 1:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

dannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond repute

Just read the update, well done....about time you got a break. Hope all goes well with the new job!!
Old Mar 15th 2010, 6:56 pm
Busy Again

bdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of light

Thank you for the thank yous
We have just had a few days in Bowentown
for those that haven't been there and live around Tauranga
it really is a nice place to visit and stay for a couple or so days
and the weather was great
I still have 3 weeks before i start work
I still cant believe that i have found employment
the job is within walking distance of where i live and its working with the council on a good salary
which means we can now settle down here and look to buy somewhere
What a difference a day makes
Old Mar 15th 2010, 8:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

bevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bdclayton
AT LAST

I HAVE A JOB
this must be the hardest job hunt I have ever done
over 100 applications and seven interviews
I have cracked it at last

Time for a drink
Just caught up with the post!!! Well done, you must be delighted. So glad you will be able to stay and enjoy the life. Bevissa
Old Mar 15th 2010, 11:35 pm
Forum Regular

mudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud of

AT LAST

I HAVE A JOB
this must be the hardest job hunt I have ever done
over 100 applications and seven interviews
I have cracked it at last

Time for a drink

congratulations!
Old Mar 16th 2010, 12:03 pm
Busy Again

bdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of light

Well I have bored enough of you with my tales of Switzerland and to be honest it didn’t finish there but I thought we are in New Zealand so you may think this one amusing to.
My fist time here was six years ago. We worked in the vineyards in Gibston Valley near Queenstown it was some of the hardest physical work I have ever done and I have worked on the coalface down the mines in Nottingham
It was boiling hot with no shade working on steep slopes
Working in the vineyards is no picnic and for minimum wage.
We were the only pomes on the crew of about 20
Bloody hard work I could not get out of my van to put petrol in I ached that much
We lived in the camper van on the campgrounds in Arrowtown a beautiful place.
We had only been working there a few weeks when we had a Christmas party
The crew of Kiwis still had not accepted us but they were OK
The party was at the cricket club in Cromwell lots of beer and a BBQ
The game of the day was to run up the hill next to the cricket club a all male event
They all wanted to know if I was up for it
Of course I was
So about 12 men lined up for the race what I didn’t know was
You had to do the run NAKED TO THE TOP
My god I didn’t know that nettle stings could be so painful
All the kiwis had feet like hobbits
Just 4 of us made it to the top and back down apparently nearly everyone gives up after a few hundred meters except the students
Who are working over the Christmas holidays
Needless to say everyone had a good laugh and we became part of the Crew
We had a great time in Arrowtown and loved the place
The people we worked with were proper down to earth Kiwis absolutely great people and we still keep in touch with some of them.
If anyone reading this is living in Arrowtown or knows of Dudley Cottage near the Chinese settlement Nollen Dudley was a great friend of mine
she taught me how to pan for gold in the Arrow River
I have great memories of Nollen Dudley and Dudley Cottage she was a legend in Arrowtown

Old Mar 16th 2010, 12:42 pm
Forum Regular

ragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud of

contrats to youwell deserved
Old Mar 17th 2010, 4:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

MattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to behold

fantastic news. well done for sticking with it. well deserved!
Old Mar 18th 2010, 4:22 am
Busy Again

A bit of advice gained through bad experience
Never buy a non Japanese car or van out here
Because know one can fix them
I bought a Fiat Ducato van and again this morning it wouldnt start
This van has cost me a fortune in repair much more that i paid for it
So i have solved it:
I went out and bought a Toyota the parts are cheap and the so called mechanics can fix them.

I am going to keep the Fiat so i can kick it every time i go past.

I went to new my workplace to-day to be kitted out with safety clothes
I really enjoy spending other peoples money ( the rate payers of Tauranga)
it seems safety gear here includes sunglasses and a nice big sun hat
I look like a proper Kiwi now
have to go its time to kick the Fiat.
Old Mar 18th 2010, 8:03 am
Forum Regular

HHBoP is just really niceHHBoP is just really niceHHBoP is just really niceHHBoP is just really niceHHBoP is just really niceHHBoP is just really niceHHBoP is just really niceHHBoP is just really niceHHBoP is just really niceHHBoP is just really niceHHBoP is just really nice

Mornin bd

Glad to see you in fine fettle, or should I say nettle. Hope Mrs Bd was handy with the Calamine lotion!! initiation sounds positively painful, hope the NZers have another option coz I don't run well on flat ground never mind up hills!!

Shall bear the car advice in mind - have looked on the internet, but I simply don't have a clue.

Like the sound of the uniform - does that mean u will be outside a lot?? u employed person you. Thanks for the laughter once again. i can't believe that this time in 2 weeks I will have landed, and tryin to find my passport in the bottom of my hand luggage, holding up the queue at NZ Immigration, whilst tryin to answer my mobile to MAFF panicking that i haven't picked the cats up and trying to resist the temptation to light up in the airport or simply kiss the ground!!!!

Cheers HH
Old Mar 18th 2010, 8:05 am
Forum Regular

HHBoP is just really niceHHBoP is just really niceHHBoP is just really niceHHBoP is just really niceHHBoP is just really niceHHBoP is just really niceHHBoP is just really niceHHBoP is just really niceHHBoP is just really niceHHBoP is just really niceHHBoP is just really nice

Ooh forgot to say kick the fiat for us all, but not too hard, last thing u need now is a broken toe!!!!!!
Old Mar 18th 2010, 8:20 am

Flower Pot is an unknown quantity at this point

CONGRATS!!!

Not been in here a while so just caught up on your news... must be such a relief, perseverence really paid off eh!

Hope all goes well, keep us posted!
Old Mar 18th 2010, 9:41 am
Busy Again

Originally Posted by HHBoP
Mornin bd

Glad to see you in fine fettle, or should I say nettle. Hope Mrs Bd was handy with the Calamine lotion!! initiation sounds positively painful, hope the NZers have another option coz I don't run well on flat ground never mind up hills!!

Shall bear the car advice in mind - have looked on the internet, but I simply don't have a clue.

Like the sound of the uniform - does that mean u will be outside a lot?? u employed person you. Thanks for the laughter once again. i can't believe that this time in 2 weeks I will have landed, and tryin to find my passport in the bottom of my hand luggage, holding up the queue at NZ Immigration, whilst tryin to answer my mobile to MAFF panicking that i haven't picked the cats up and trying to resist the temptation to light up in the airport or simply kiss the ground!!!!

Cheers HH
hey good luck with all the stuff you are doing
you must be getting well exited now
some advice about MAFF
don't mess with them
they take it very very serious
Mrs BD got a nice big fine for forgetting to declare a apple
she genuinely forgot she had it
no sympathy from MAFF even the tears didn't work
and its very humiliating being dragged to one side you really do feel like a criminal

so be careful check check and check again
no food no fruit and any medicine make sure your name is on them
good luck
Oh and i will nip outside and kick the Fiat again
Old Mar 23rd 2010, 9:49 am
Busy Again

" I don't believe It " Sorry for the Victor Meldrew impression
I now forgive the Fiat
It must be me
and my choice of cars/ vans
The Toyota Corolla i bought only 4 days ago has died on me
so back to the garage we go again
I had to be towed back home by the AA ( we are on first name terms now)
so tomorrow the Fiat goes in one garage and the Toyota back to where i bought it from.
Can you remember the Faulty Towers episode with John Cleese
hitting the car with the branch from the tree ?
Well guess what i am about to do
Think I need a drink or two

Last edited by bdclayton; Mar 23rd 2010 at 9:58 am.
Old Mar 23rd 2010, 10:05 am
BE Enthusiast

MattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to behold

" I don't believe It " Sorry for the Victor Meldrew impression
I now forgive the Fiat
It must be me
and my choice of cars/ vans
The Toyota Corolla i bought only 4 days ago has died on me
so back to the garage we go again
I had to be towed back home by the AA ( we are on first name terms now)
so tomorrow the Fiat goes in one garage and the Toyota back to where i bought it from.
Can you remember the Faulty Towers episode with John Cleese
hitting the car with the branch from the tree ?
Well guess what i am about to do
Think I need a drink or two

not having much luck!!
do you cycle? we commute by bike as its the only reliable way... plus you get fit!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.