Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand > NZ Update
Reload this Page >

4 MONTH UPDATE - 8 months - 9 month update.....

4 MONTH UPDATE - 8 months - 9 month update.....

Old Mar 1st 2010, 4:42 pm

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 4 MONTH UPDATE

Originally Posted by bdclayton
up early and reviewing my interview notes
I am off to my job interview at 8am
at least its not hot at this time of morning
I just hope my van start.
Good luck.
Old Mar 1st 2010, 5:24 pm
Forum Regular

HHBoP is just really niceHHBoP is just really niceHHBoP is just really niceHHBoP is just really niceHHBoP is just really niceHHBoP is just really niceHHBoP is just really niceHHBoP is just really niceHHBoP is just really niceHHBoP is just really niceHHBoP is just really nice

Hi bd

I know will be ova by now but good belated luck anyway - hope that blinkin van started!!!

Cheers

HH
Old Mar 1st 2010, 8:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

RobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond repute

Hey bd,
Hope it went well and for some good news.
Old Mar 2nd 2010, 6:09 pm
Busy Again

bdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of light

Well I had another interview yesterday
And all seemed to go well so fingers crossed
A BIG BIG thank you to everyone for the good luck messages
OK a few more laughs
By the way this is all true and a snap shot of my life.

Back to Switzerland:

Got on the plane at Luton and all went well until
I got to Geneva
I had to catch a train to Interlaken the lift had broken down and the only way to the train station was via escalator it was one of those really big ones like on the London underground
I couldn’t get on it very easy with my leg in plaster and carrying a rucksack.
So I stood at the top and thought that if a looked sad enough someone would help
No at chance
I noticed that people were getting on the escalator with there suitcases on there trolley then getting off at the end OK
I could do that
Just needed a bit of space to give it a go
I waited until know one was there then got on with my crutches on top of the trolley
OK this was the bit that I began to panic
I could see at the end you had to jump a little bit to get the trolley off
I couldn’t do this not with a full cast on my leg
So I tried to get my trolley at better angel whilst on the escalator
Not a good idea
The trolley went side ways and got suck jamming the escalator
I went over the top of the trolley well stumbled over the top really
Luckily I was near the bottom
The escalator alarm started to ring very loud
Someone came from the Railway station gave me a right bollocking in
German / Swiss
But didn’t even offer to help me get up
I think they though I was pissed or crazy.
( you really have to picture this in your mind to get a idea of the full chaos this caused)
I stumbled off to catch the train I was so glad it was in the station so I could get on it and hide
Hey we all have bad days.:
thumbsup:

Last edited by bdclayton; Mar 2nd 2010 at 6:22 pm.
Old Mar 2nd 2010, 6:58 pm
Forum Regular

HHBoP is just really niceHHBoP is just really niceHHBoP is just really niceHHBoP is just really niceHHBoP is just really niceHHBoP is just really niceHHBoP is just really niceHHBoP is just really niceHHBoP is just really niceHHBoP is just really niceHHBoP is just really nice

Honestly wot u like!!! Sounds good re the interview :f ingerscrossed::fin gerscrossed:

HH
Old Mar 3rd 2010, 10:55 pm
Busy Again

bdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of light

My god
Now they want me to go for a second interview on Monday
I don't think this will ever end
still at least i am still in with a chance.
Old Mar 4th 2010, 4:08 am
BE Forum Addict

RobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond repute

for your 2nd interview.
Old Mar 4th 2010, 7:11 am
Forum Regular

xxElainexx is just really nicexxElainexx is just really nicexxElainexx is just really nicexxElainexx is just really nicexxElainexx is just really nicexxElainexx is just really nicexxElainexx is just really nicexxElainexx is just really nicexxElainexx is just really nicexxElainexx is just really nicexxElainexx is just really nice

Originally Posted by bdclayton
My god
Now they want me to go for a second interview on Monday
I don't think this will ever end
still at least i am still in with a chance.
good luck.........

xElainex
Old Mar 4th 2010, 9:36 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Sounds promising Best of luck for Monday.
Old Mar 4th 2010, 6:27 pm
Forum Regular

Great news - keepin em crossed
Old Mar 4th 2010, 9:24 pm
appreciate life

willand tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by HHBoP
Great news - keepin em crossed
Fingers crossed from us too

Tina and Will
Old Mar 8th 2010, 5:27 pm
Busy Again

Thank for all the good luck messages
(again)
I had my second interview yesterday and all seemed to go well
but you never can tell
I have to wait until the end of the week to find out

That is my seventh job interview
I have now applied for over 100 jobs all over New Zealand
doing all sorts of things
Today its back to the job hunt ( I am already doing it)
until i hear "yes or "No" from my interview
I have started to apply for jobs back in the UK as well as here in NZ
at least its getting warmer back there
Old Mar 8th 2010, 5:34 pm
Forum Regular

Hi bd

sounds positive.

Who u kiddin it was -6 here this morning!!! Not at all warming. Is there any uk papers etc I could post over, anything that u can onlu get in WHSmiths for example. Shall be over there soon (stomach turns over just writing about it).

Keepin my til the end of the week at least - work not to happy as it interferes dreadfully with my ability to do my job - they think i am mad anyway and hell what they going to do fire me!!!

Cheers

HH
Old Mar 8th 2010, 5:48 pm
Busy Again

Originally Posted by HHBoP
Hi bd

sounds positive.

Who u kiddin it was -6 here this morning!!! Not at all warming. Is there any uk papers etc I could post over, anything that u can onlu get in WHSmiths for example. Shall be over there soon (stomach turns over just writing about it).

Keepin my til the end of the week at least - work not to happy as it interferes dreadfully with my ability to do my job - they think i am mad anyway and hell what they going to do fire me!!!

Cheers

HH
OK -6 is not good
it was 26 degrees here yesterday and the sea is quite warm
Thanks for the offer of newspapers
but i am subscribed to almost all of the UK water companies web sites and they send me weekly job updates.
I am going through them this morning.
Good luck with your move
its all coming around very fast now
you must be very exited
Old Mar 8th 2010, 6:04 pm
Forum Regular

Hi bd

Thanks

Hold that temp - I am nearly there!!!

I shall be in tauranga, greerton to begin with if u and OH would like to meet up?

Am excited, but nervous too!!

cheers

HH

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.