Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand > NZ Update
Reload this Page >

4 MONTH UPDATE - 8 months - 9 month update.....

4 MONTH UPDATE - 8 months - 9 month update.....

Old Jan 28th 2010, 8:08 am
BE Forum Addict

Margaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 4 MONTH UPDATE

It was good to meet you yesterday and I am sorry there is nothing coming your way re a job. If you spoke to Julie (Bolton1) yesterday they came in August and they were the same as you Julie had the job. Anyway he has now found work so keep your chin up something may come along unexpectedly.

Good luck anyway

June
Old Jan 28th 2010, 9:07 am
Busy Again

bdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Margaret Parkinson
It was good to meet you yesterday and I am sorry there is nothing coming your way re a job. If you spoke to Julie (Bolton1) yesterday they came in August and they were the same as you Julie had the job. Anyway he has now found work so keep your chin up something may come along unexpectedly.

Good luck anyway

June
Thanks for that
It was good to meet you too
and I hope you have a fantastic time whilst you are here.
There are a lot of people a lot worse off than me here.
I will keep smiling and trying
Old Jan 28th 2010, 9:20 am
BE Enthusiast

bolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to behold

keep going - sorry didn't get chance to say 'hi' yesterday.Something will turn up -probably when you least expect it to ,,,,,
Old Jan 28th 2010, 7:34 pm
Forum Regular

HHBoP is just really niceHHBoP is just really niceHHBoP is just really niceHHBoP is just really niceHHBoP is just really niceHHBoP is just really niceHHBoP is just really niceHHBoP is just really niceHHBoP is just really niceHHBoP is just really niceHHBoP is just really nice

Originally Posted by bdclayton
hey thanks for that.
Have a great leaving DO
A good laugh is a cure for most things
i could only think of two quick jokes so here they are!

What's the difference between chopped beef and pea soup?

Everyone can chop beef, but not everyone can pea soup!

My neighbour asked if he could use my lawnmower and I told him of course he could, so long as he didn't take it out of my garden
i know they are bad
have a good day
love them both - u r so modest. Keep smilin!!

HH
Old Jan 28th 2010, 10:33 pm
Busy Again

bdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by bolton1
keep going - sorry didn't get chance to say 'hi' yesterday.Something will turn up -probably when you least expect it to ,,,,,
Thanks I am sure something will turn up.
I had a walk to the treatment plant today on Chapel St in Tauranga
( yep is said walk my van has died completely now)
just to see if they had anything job wise
and they have a job coming up in the next few weeks.
I have to apply the normal way through the council.
I plan to do that today before the job is advertised.
That is when i get over the walk it took me an hour each way and its close to 30 degrees out there.
Hey its all good fun.
Old Jan 29th 2010, 10:54 pm

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks I am sure something will turn up.
I had a walk to the treatment plant today on Chapel St in Tauranga
( yep is said walk my van has died completely now)
just to see if they had anything job wise
and they have a job coming up in the next few weeks.
I have to apply the normal way through the council.
I plan to do that today before the job is advertised.
That is when i get over the walk it took me an hour each way and its close to 30 degrees out there.
Hey its all good fun.
It's character building ...

Fingers crossed something comes of that.
Old Jan 30th 2010, 2:59 am
Busy Again

Originally Posted by Am Loolah
It's character building ...

Fingers crossed something comes of that.
Character building ?
Yep I suppose it is
This is not a moan its supposed to make you smile
At me mainly !!.
My character-building week started with the bill for the van repairs just shy of $420 to get through the WOF.
I had only just drove out of the garage to join you all at Papamoa and the van looked like it was on fire.
There was so much smoke it looked like a mushroom cloud from a nuclear explosion and they only repaired the steering????.
I only just made it back to Tauranga and went straight back to the garage
They couldn’t look at the van that day so I booked it for the next day.
I went to the van next morning and now it will not start so I had to walk to the garage and they tell me they do not come out to breakdowns and suggest I join the AA ? ?
Another walk into town to join the AA another cost of $122.
Another walk back home more “character building”
Started to cook the dinner and got a bollocking from the OH for being too noisy she is on nights so very moody.
Went outside for a quite dip in the pool only to find that next doors cat has left a nice present
Yep in the pool there it is floating.
The next bit of fun was getting it out
I have not had so much fun since I broke my leg on the Swiss alps and had to be rescued.
Just thought I would share it with you.

Old Jan 30th 2010, 7:42 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Character building ?
Yep I suppose it is
At me mainly !!.
My character-building week started with the bill for the van repairs just shy of $420 to get through the WOF.
I had only just drove out of the garage to join you all at Papamoa and the van looked like it was on fire.
There was so much smoke it looked like a mushroom cloud from a nuclear explosion and they only repaired the steering????.
I went to the van next morning and now it will not start so I had to walk to the garage and they tell me they do not come out to breakdowns and suggest I join the AA ? ?
Started to cook the dinner and got a bollocking from the OH for being too noisy she is on nights so very moody.
Went outside for a quite dip in the pool only to find that next doors cat has left a nice present
I have not had so much fun since I broke my leg on the Swiss alps and had to be rescued.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger!

You poor love - hope things improve ...
Old Jan 30th 2010, 4:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

Numptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond repute

Hello Bri, Fellow East Midlander!

Hey when a cat shits in your pool its supposed to be lucky.

Sounds like you could do with some luck right now.....hope it picks up for ya. Lovely to meet you last Weds. Nice to hear the accent...cos I know I don't sound like that....

I'm off for a few days and of course I've woken up to rain. Not moaning too much cos gardens need it but for Christs sake

Good luck with the job application in Tauranga
Maria x
Old Feb 2nd 2010, 5:49 pm
Forum Regular

HHBoP is just really niceHHBoP is just really niceHHBoP is just really niceHHBoP is just really niceHHBoP is just really niceHHBoP is just really niceHHBoP is just really niceHHBoP is just really niceHHBoP is just really niceHHBoP is just really niceHHBoP is just really nice

[QUOTE=bdclayton;8295112]Character building ?
Yep I suppose it is
At me mainly !!.

Hi bd

Ye Gads have u had some adventures!! Least the walk to the plant wasn't totally in vain, and it wasn't raining!! and the cat didn't fall in the pool!! Hell u have a pool??????!!!!!! Somewhere tis said u are an east midlander - wherabouts from. Am in Pelsall, but only for 8 more weeks! Good luck with the job app. Did u look on the Correction website? Hope things get better for you - perhaps u should write a book I'd buy it!!

Cheers HH
Old Feb 2nd 2010, 6:32 pm
Busy Again

Ye Gads have u had some adventures!! Least the walk to the plant wasn't totally in vain, and it wasn't raining!! and the cat didn't fall in the pool!! Hell u have a pool??????!!!!!! Somewhere tis said u are an east midlander - wherabouts from. Am in Pelsall, but only for 8 more weeks! Good luck with the job app. Did u look on the Correction website? Hope things get better for you - perhaps u should write a book I'd buy it!!

Cheers HH[/QUOTE]

Hey maybe i should write that book
I am from Nottingham but spent the last few years in Leicester but
was living in Dolni Chflik ( Bulgaria) before coming to New Zealand
Yep I had a look at the Correction website and they are sending me some things by post
That was a good idea so thanks for that.
Are you coming over here then in 8 weeks ?

To give you another laugh.

when i broke my leg in Switzerland i was on a sledge that got out of control ???
OK i was going to fast down the Alps that's not good or clever
I ended up on a ski slopes next to the sledge run on a out of control sledge As you do or more like as i do
( hope you can picture this )
I managed to collide with the only building on the alps
the building even had padding around it but i managed to miss that too
Broke my leg and fractured my ankle
I had to be rescued my wife was no help she just took loads of photos
there lots more to this story but will leave that for the book

Last edited by bdclayton; Feb 2nd 2010 at 7:40 pm.
Old Feb 2nd 2010, 7:11 pm
Forum Regular

Sorry took me so long to reply, had tears blurring my ability to type!! U so have to write your book - is your wife happy to share the photos - can't blame her really wot a story for dinner parties. I will be flyin 8 wks today, not that my employer has told me where will be based yet, but hey ho.. Have just posted my first ever thread and feelin really proud I did......and I think I can move to NZ

Cheers

HH
Old Feb 2nd 2010, 7:29 pm
Just Joined

mc5449 is an unknown quantity at this point

Nice jokes.

U seem to be a person with positive attitude. Keep it up mate!!
Old Feb 3rd 2010, 10:47 pm
Busy Again

just thought I would add i bit of humor to the day.

I couldn't find any photos of my accident in the Alps when the building jumped out in front of me I think they are back in Bulgaria
So i have attached these 3 photos
of the 50 tree we cut down last year in Bulgaria
The tree hit the house on the way down putting a few holes in the roof.
and caused a bit of damage to the windows
The three guys helping in the photo spoke no English and just happened to be fixing the road outside the house so they gave me a hand.

I have had a bad day and needed cheering up
Two more "no thank you" from my never ending job search
and my job offer back in the UK has been withdrawn due to cut backs.
Ah well
looking at the photos made me smile
Attached Thumbnails 4 MONTH UPDATE - 8 months - 9 month update.....-bulgaria-2009pict0065.jpg   4 MONTH UPDATE - 8 months - 9 month update.....-bulgaria-2009pict0066.jpg   4 MONTH UPDATE - 8 months - 9 month update.....-bulgaria-2009pict0068.jpg  
Old Feb 4th 2010, 7:45 pm
Forum Regular

Hi bd

Guess that means u are meant to stay. The 3 guys who helped - they prove there are many out that who will help simply because they can. Something will come up - and u can't say that u won't be open to it the things you have tried, survived and applied for!! chin up and plod on - doin nothin is in itself an artform!!!!

I found out today that i have been posted to Whakatane!! Am pleased (understatement)

cheers

HH

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.