Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand > NZ Update
Reload this Page >

4 MONTH UPDATE - 8 months - 9 month update.....

4 MONTH UPDATE - 8 months - 9 month update.....

Old May 20th 2010, 4:38 am
Busy Again

bdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: 4 MONTH UPDATE

[QUOTE=127luton;8576727]
Originally Posted by bdclayton
I know
its a good job I am married to a Psychiatric Nurse
She gets plenty of practice at home
[/QUOT
God bd.. that hilarious!.... we are are also psych nurses.. and hopefully moving to Tauranga!
Berni
Nice one
do you have a job offer here ??
Old May 20th 2010, 8:12 am
Forum Regular

127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: 4 MONTH UPDATE

[QUOTE=bdclayton;8577536]
Originally Posted by 127luton

Nice one
do you have a job offer here ??
Not yet ! - just applied for one actually - hope i get it as that area seems lovely!
Berni
Old May 27th 2010, 11:41 am
BE Enthusiast

londonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: 4 MONTH UPDATE - Now 8 Month Update !

oh wow what an amazing thread and I particularly loved the bit about the Naked Bus!

Really inspirational thank you
Old May 29th 2010, 11:08 am
Busy Again

bdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by londonescapee
oh wow what an amazing thread and I particularly loved the bit about the Naked Bus!

Really inspirational thank you
Thank you
there is to much doom and gloom about i am glad it made you smile.

just to let you all know i had a phone call today about my house in Bulgaria
i never sold it i just love the place.
The neighbors are complaining that i haven't cut the grass
its fair comment.
I have been in touch with the people that are supposed to cut the grass
and that tell me they cant cut the grass :

BECAUSE THERE ARE TO MANY SNAKES IN THERE ???

I NEED Kama
Old May 29th 2010, 11:24 am
BE Enthusiast

londonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of light

Thank you
there is to much doom and gloom about i am glad it made you smile.

just to let you all know i had a phone call today about my house in Bulgaria
i never sold it i just love the place.
its fair comment.

I NEED Kama

My friends bought a house in Bulgaria 3 years ago. Still waiting for the stairs to be put in so they can put windows on the second floor

House came complete with donkey and pig! Perhaps they could loan you their donkey to keep the lawn tidy?
Old May 29th 2010, 9:22 pm
Scorchy legs

Dewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond repute

its fair comment.

I NEED Kama
karma on its way

Dewb
Old Jun 15th 2010, 8:25 am
Busy Again

Well we are another month in now and its dark nights and cold
My first winter here.
I had my first fish head soup this week with some Maori guys at work
they were well impressed when i sucked on the fish heads with them
The pommies at work just couldn't look.
When in Rome.
looking forward to the football tonight. come on the All Whites
Work is still going well
I used to be a Union Rep in the UK and I cant believe i have been persuaded to do it again here ?
I am even playing football again on a regular bases.
( and i am well over 28 now)
To-morrow we are off Blow cart racing sounds like fun.
For sure i will have some misshape just hope i don't break anything.
I have bought a fishing rod and intend to give the fish a laugh this weekend. and a a set of golf clubs so i will send a warning out before i play.
My grass has been cut in Bulgaria and the snakes have gone ( thanks for the snake disappearing karma)
My son has just told me he is getting married in September
I am going to have to miss the wedding. Very sad but it goes with living so far away I am sure he understands.
Take care out there

Last edited by bdclayton; Jun 15th 2010 at 8:27 am.
Old Jun 15th 2010, 10:50 am
BE Forum Addict

Margaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there

I remember meeting you at the Papamoa Meet Up. So glad everything is going your way now.

June
Old Jul 24th 2010, 9:09 am
Forum Regular

HHBoP is just really niceHHBoP is just really niceHHBoP is just really niceHHBoP is just really niceHHBoP is just really niceHHBoP is just really niceHHBoP is just really niceHHBoP is just really niceHHBoP is just really niceHHBoP is just really niceHHBoP is just really nice

Well we are another month in now and its dark nights and cold
My first winter here.
I had my first fish head soup this week with some Maori guys at work
they were well impressed when i sucked on the fish heads with them
The pommies at work just couldn't look.
When in Rome.
looking forward to the football tonight. come on the All Whites
Work is still going well
I used to be a Union Rep in the UK and I cant believe i have been persuaded to do it again here ?
I am even playing football again on a regular bases.
( and i am well over 28 now)
To-morrow we are off Blow cart racing sounds like fun.
For sure i will have some misshape just hope i don't break anything.
I have bought a fishing rod and intend to give the fish a laugh this weekend. and a a set of golf clubs so i will send a warning out before i play.
My grass has been cut in Bulgaria and the snakes have gone ( thanks for the snake disappearing karma)
My son has just told me he is getting married in September
I am going to have to miss the wedding. Very sad but it goes with living so far away I am sure he understands.
Take care out there
Hi bd

Long time no speak - sooo glad it all worked out for u, still a smile to be had!!

Cheers

HH
Old Jul 25th 2010, 2:51 am
Busy Again

Originally Posted by HHBoP
Hi bd

Long time no speak - sooo glad it all worked out for u, still a smile to be had!!

Cheers

HH
Hey hows you job going and are you settling in now ?
Old Nov 6th 2010, 2:33 am
Busy Again

Default Re: 4 MONTH UPDATE - and now over a year

Thought I would update my update as I have had a few busy months.
I have just come out of hospital after having a reverse vasectomy at the grand old age of 56 (I can hear the laughter from here) I had my vasectomy in the UK over 30 years ago after having two children one of each we though that was enough.
But after a divorce 10 years ago I got married again to a woman some 16 years younger with no kids so the inevitable happened the maternal side kicked in.
We know there is little or know chance of us having kids but she wants to try anyway. I blame NZ
The cost of a private operation in NZ?
$7.200 yep Severn Thousand Two Hundred Dollars. The pain of parting with that money was worse that the physical pain I have now
The second and more fun thing we have done is bought a couple of Sea kayaks.
We have been in the sea with them four times now and the inevitable happened
My OH capsized in a rough and windy sea to be honest we should never have gone out in those conditions. We both had life jackets thank goodness.
It took me a good 20 min or so to rescue her Kayaks are not easy to handle in the rough and wind.
A few lessons learned here. Take Kayak lessons before going on the sea and always rehearse rescues its no fun trying to rescue someone when you haven’t a clue what you are doing my OH was covered in bruises the next day.
But don’t let it put you off we have been having a great time with them
We would not have tried any of the above if we hadn’t of come to NZ.
We had a tough time when we first came here but we are well settling in now and cant imagine living back in the UK
Sorry for boring you all but I have a bit of time on my hands before I get up and running again
Be careful out there
Old Nov 6th 2010, 8:10 am
BE Enthusiast

dannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 4 MONTH UPDATE - 8 months - 9 month update.....

OMG Too much information!!!! ha ha Hope it all goes well for you

Really enjoying your updates, keep them up!
Old Nov 6th 2010, 6:10 pm
MnB

MnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond repute

Glad to hear life is still exciting for you & hope the reversal is a success!
B x
Old Nov 8th 2010, 4:51 pm
Life is what YOU make it.

Stormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond repute

Excellent post... now I suppose you will be trying sea kayak fishing, top sport in NZ so I hear then dash home to the barbie with your catch