Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand > NZ Update
Reload this Page >

3 Years and a bit update

3 Years and a bit update

Old Dec 22nd 2012, 7:36 am
Busy Again

bdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of light
Default 3 Years and a bit update

Well it’s a long time since I put anything on the site I still look regularly more of a reader that a writer now days.

Still plodding along just working away both of us but it seems a bit harder now not sure why?

Managed to fracture my leg and dislocate my knee this winter skiing in Queenstown and to be fair was treated very well by ACC a lot better that the good old NHS ( that’s only my experience)

Been back to the UK a couple of time in the past few years and still glad we left

BUT for the first time just recently have got a bit home sick. My son and daughter are still in the UK and they have both had family additions in the last year so now I am a Granddad maybe that’s why I am a bit homesick.
We now live out in the sticks and it gets a bit well quite. Friends are hard to come by but we have made a few over the past 3 years. My wife works shifts so we spend a lot of time on our own but we are OK with it.

Yep we do the outdoor stuff we have a couple of kayaks and enjoy being on the ocean

What next? not sure we are ok here and can’t see us going back to the UK

We are going to Australia soon for a few days to a concert our second visit since we have been here but we don’t see it as the Promised Land, but we will have another look while we are there.

Just booked a 5 week holiday in August we are both working over Christmas. So we have that that to look forward to even though it involves catching 20 flights there and back yep that’s right 20 flights. We must be mad but we enjoy travelling.

I suppose it will not be too long until my 4 year update and I bet we will still be plodding along but maybe moved back closer to the town and a bit more life. We have been out here in the sticks for over a year now so maybe it’s time for a shake up

Have a great Christmas everyone
Old Dec 22nd 2012, 1:25 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 3 Years and a bit update

Congratulations on becoming a Granddad, that's wonderful news.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New year to you and yours.
Old Dec 22nd 2012, 4:08 pm
L2, GC, Surrey, OH, TX!

MsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 3 Years and a bit update

I always like it when people enjoy their new lives. Part of the process is finding what you like and don't like and trying new stuff.
Glad to see you so content!