Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand > NZ Update
Reload this Page >

have come down from the hills

have come down from the hills

Old Aug 26th 2016, 2:00 am
Forum Regular

burbschook is an unknown quantity at this pointburbschook is an unknown quantity at this pointburbschook is an unknown quantity at this pointburbschook is an unknown quantity at this pointburbschook is an unknown quantity at this pointburbschook is an unknown quantity at this pointburbschook is an unknown quantity at this pointburbschook is an unknown quantity at this pointburbschook is an unknown quantity at this pointburbschook is an unknown quantity at this pointburbschook is an unknown quantity at this point
Default have come down from the hills

Hi all. I used to be on here under Vikkichic quite some time ago. I lived up in the hills but have recently moved back to civilisation, hence the change to Burbs & as I'm no longer the spring chic & now a chook I've joined the names together. Loved the experience of life in the country but OH is now a year off retiring (if I let him) & what with various bits & pieces now going south, needing physio,surgery or down right disappearing, we thought it was time to get settled into an easier environment so the burbs it is. I confess to serious adjusting to street lighting, pavements,people wandering about & the nearness of other properties. I've felt it stranger moving 10ks than I did moving the thousands to here from the UK. But this is one hell of a friendly place & slowly the niceness is working. The biggest thing is the freedom this move has given us. OH (should he be allowed to retire) & moi no longer have to dash back to see to livestock,move stock due to weather,get the feed & hay(OMG did we really get in 100s of bales of hay into the barn on the hottest day of summer?)spraying,mowing,digging gulleys etc etc. We truly loved it but the time has come to be a bit irresponsible (well if I let OH) & sneak off somewhere & not have to come back for a couple of days. Just runaway in between work dates or pick a holiday abroad without looking at the calendar & dictating seasons. I'm so happy to see a lot of the regulars still here,still helping others & still bantering. Happy to be back in the fold.
Old Aug 26th 2016, 2:11 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: have come down from the hills

Welcome back.

I can merge your previous account with your new one if you wish. You would keep your new name. Or not of course.
Old Aug 26th 2016, 2:21 am
Forum Regular

burbschook is an unknown quantity at this pointburbschook is an unknown quantity at this pointburbschook is an unknown quantity at this pointburbschook is an unknown quantity at this pointburbschook is an unknown quantity at this pointburbschook is an unknown quantity at this pointburbschook is an unknown quantity at this pointburbschook is an unknown quantity at this pointburbschook is an unknown quantity at this pointburbschook is an unknown quantity at this pointburbschook is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Bevs

Thank you & lovely to hear from you too. If merging works, I'd be grateful. You must have the techy nous to do this for me otherwise I'm happy to carry on as I started.
Old Sep 1st 2016, 9:12 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

have pm'ed you