10 yrs in NZ

Old Oct 11th 2014, 11:43 am
BE Enthusiast

SSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond repute
Default 10 yrs in NZ

We love it but it's been a very, very rocky road.
We now have our lifestyle block that we always dreamed of .... 10 acres of our own bit of paradise in NZ with a pine plantation and our own little home .
Our sons are grown and we have two grandchildren.
I work at the airport in Christchurch, maybe you might see me if you come into our shop, I'm always happy to chat :-)
Neither me or my hubby have ended up doing what we were skilled to do in the UK, but we're happier than we were.
I've visited the UK and it seems happy, vibrant and wealthy on those occasions so I would offer a word of caution to folk just wanting to escape the rat race for a slower pace of life. It's not slower in NZ, that's just a bit of a myth, you have to work harder than you ever have when you first arrive.
The work environment will also be alien to you, you will be expected to do your job from the very first fundamental start of the process to the finish in completeness. You prob only do one little section in the UK but here you are expected to it all.
You won't really know what I mean until you get here and experience the working enviroment but it will be very different to what you have experienced
Old Oct 15th 2014, 7:29 am
BE Forum Addict

j19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 10 yrs in NZ

A great update, you nailed it on having to work harder! But I'm loving it xx Thank you for taking the time to update