Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Malaysia
Reload this Page >

Want to work in Malaysian universities

Want to work in Malaysian universities

Old Apr 17th 2015, 2:52 pm
Just Joined

hkhan1751 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Want to work in Malaysian universities

Hi, I am thinking of settling in Malaysia and have heard that these parts are quite good. Since I have worked in Saudi universities, I want to do the same in Malaysia. Any recommendations!!! I have heard the English proficiency of Malaysians are much better than the Arabian peninsula, so that is a definite plus.

Since I will be bringing family as well, I am interested in native education standards and how good or bad they are compared to London where I currently live. I have a five year old son who I want to enrol as soon as we arrive. What local or private schools would you recommend there?
Old Apr 18th 2015, 7:15 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Want to work in Malaysian universities

Hello....just to say Welcome to the forum

Did you want this topic in the Nusajaya section? Is that where you are planning to move to? If not, I can shift this into the main Malaysia section. Let me know.
Old Apr 18th 2015, 2:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

geedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond repute

As the topic is in the Johor section....

There are three British Universities here, and I've met some of the staff, who were Brits and seemed quite happy. We have Southampton, Newcastle and Reading. I've heard they're doing pretty well, but do your own research!
For your kids, there is Marlborough College Malaysia, or Tenby and soon to be Raffles American. More are coming, apparently, including one at Leisure Farm, which is am expat compound here.
If you're not coming to Johor you might want to re-post on the general Malaysia thread/

Good luck!
Old Apr 18th 2015, 4:25 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by bakedbean
Hello....just to say Welcome to the forum

Did you want this topic in the Nusajaya section? Is that where you are planning to move to? If not, I can shift this into the main Malaysia section. Let me know.
Greetings to you too and everyone else. I was interested in Nusajaya as I have heard only positive stories about it. However, as I have never visited Malaysia I am also just as open to anywhere else in the country. For the time being I would like to know about Nusajaya. Thank you.
Old Apr 19th 2015, 7:35 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hkhan1751
For the time being I would like to know about Nusajaya. Thank you.
Okey dokey....we'll leave it in the Nusajaya section then, but you may not get much response in this section. Let's see
Old Apr 19th 2015, 5:39 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by bakedbean
Okey dokey....we'll leave it in the Nusajaya section then, but you may not get much response in this section. Let's see
OK, lets put it on the main Malaysia section then.