British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Nusajaya - Iskandar - Johor (https://britishexpats.com/forum/nusajaya-iskandar-johor-200/)
-   -   Sunway - new supermarket - good! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/nusajaya-iskandar-johor-200/sunway-new-supermarket-good-908217/)

geedee Jan 21st 2018 3:45 am

Sunway - new supermarket - good!

Just got back from a food shop at JAYA, a new supermarket in the area over at the Sunway part of Nusajaya.
Great, in my opinion at least as good as Cold Storage, probably better, but much more convenient for us, and no parking issues!!
Grass fed Aussie beef, massive pork area, biggest selection of wine I've seen here. Case of Tiger MYR119.88 just to give an idea of prices, not that bad.
Next floor up is a very large Mr DIY and a cafe that was packed.

Jaya opens at 0830 too, so my wife sees dropping the kids at school, doing a shop and having a coffee with friends on the horizon!

Things starting to look up!

Jazz72 Apr 1st 2018 9:42 am

Re: Sunway - new supermarket - good!

Originally Posted by geedee (Post 12423594)
Just got back from a food shop at JAYA, a new supermarket in the area over at the Sunway part of Nusajaya.
Great, in my opinion at least as good as Cold Storage, probably better, but much more convenient for us, and no parking issues!!
Grass fed Aussie beef, massive pork area, biggest selection of wine I've seen here. Case of Tiger MYR119.88 just to give an idea of prices, not that bad.
Next floor up is a very large Mr DIY and a cafe that was packed.

Jaya opens at 0830 too, so my wife sees dropping the kids at school, doing a shop and having a coffee with friends on the horizon!

Things starting to look up!

Hi we are moving to nusajaya in July for husbands job (we are here at the moment staying at Puteri Harbour) my husband is staying out here when myself and the children return to UK next week. Found jaya shop today trying to find out where to shop for food especially meat ? Seems expensive from what we have found so far do you know of any butchers or markets to go to ? Have been in Tesco in Bukit Indah but not much meat choice. Also cold stores where would be nearest and also for beer / wine ? Any advice would be greatly received . My husband will be trying to find these places before I move over. Thanks 🙂

geedee Apr 23rd 2018 2:58 pm

Re: Sunway - new supermarket - good!

There are meat and fish markets, also wholesalers that deliver to hotels etc. I will need to get details from my wife!

Jaya is not actually that expensive for meat, by local standards, and it's good quality, much better than Tesco. Beer not too bad but there is a "duty free" at Forest City where you will save money (also an "unofficial" one in Gelang Patah, case of Tiger RM100!