Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Malaysia > Nusajaya - Iskandar - Johor
Reload this Page >

Singapore to Nusajaya - Help needed Pls

Singapore to Nusajaya - Help needed Pls

Old May 9th 2015, 11:29 pm
Just Joined

thebunces is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Singapore to Nusajaya - Help needed Pls

Hi All,

My family and I are thinking of moving from Singapore to Nusajaya. We have been in Sin for a yew years having moved from Dubai and at some point in time will move to NZ where my wife is from. The idea around Nusajaya is to save some money for a year or two. We are looking for some guidance on the feasibility of this from anyone who has already done it. I'm an EP and my wife a DP in Singapore and my company have no issues. I travel a lot and don't need to be in the office in Sing very often, maybe once a week and the rest travelling. We have a bunch of questions!

How does the boarder work in terms of commenting , I assume its not legal to live outside while a EP Sing so any probs?

We have a helper we have had for ever and she is on a Sing pass , we would like to keep her and wondered how she would renew with issues?

Is the second link faster if on a motorbike ? If so whats the general time it takes?

Where does everyone shop , We went to tesco to check it out but is there anywhere else??

Marlborough collage was good from the tour, any experience?

Can my wife who has a DP drive a Malaysian registered car in Sing for visits etc?

Can I drive as a Malaysian bike without restrictions?

We have checked out Horizon Hill, East Ledang and leisure farm and although the latter is stunning the road in and out looks a pain. East Ledang looks a good middle ground but wondered if anyone had any comments.

Is it cheaper in terms of cost of living?

Thanks and Sorry for the huge list!
Old May 10th 2015, 6:54 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Singapore to Nusajaya - Help needed Pls

Hello and welcome to the forum

I think you'll find answers to most of those questions already in this sub-section of the forum. All you need to do is to read through the existing topics. There's a lot of info in here that Nusajaya residents have already contributed to.
Old May 11th 2015, 2:31 am
BE Forum Addict

geedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Singapore to Nusajaya - Help needed Pls

Hi,

As BB said there's a lot of this covered in this forum but, just quickly:

How does the boarder work in terms of commenting , I assume its not legal to live outside while a EP Sing so any probs?

Not sure what you mean here? It is legal to live outside S'pore while on an EP... thousands of Malays do it every day.

We have a helper we have had for ever and she is on a Sing pass , we would like to keep her and wondered how she would renew with issues?

Can't help there... I know some who've done that but they are on MM2H visas.

Is the second link faster if on a motorbike ? If so whats the general time it takes?

It depends what time you go. The Q going in is horrific before 0800 (ish) and horrific coming back after 4.30pm. It's not just the Qs to think about, it's the rain! If I leave at a quiet time, I can be in the CBD in about 40 minutes

Where does everyone shop , We went to tesco to check it out but is there anywhere else??

Tescos is rubbish here. Aeon Bukit Indah or Cold Storage in JB for groceries is best. Best malls are City Square, JBCC (new, next to City Square), Sutera Mall. Better still is KL which has better shopping than S'pore.

Marlborough collage was good from the tour, any experience?

Our kids have greatly benefitted from going to MCM.

Can my wife who has a DP drive a Malaysian registered car in Sing for visits etc?
Yes, provided the car is registered for the crossing.

Can I drive as a Malaysian bike without restrictions?

Yes, but why buy a bike in Malaysia? Check the prices and you may find that they're cheaper in S'pore.

We have checked out Horizon Hill, East Ledang and leisure farm and although the latter is stunning the road in and out looks a pain. East Ledang looks a good middle ground but wondered if anyone had any comments.

There is a short cut from LF to border in a car. There's short cuts to / from border on a bike, if you're comfortable with a narrow bridge about 50M long!
HH never appealed to me as they've packed the houses in really tight and we need a bit of garden.
East Ledang looks OK, and Ledang Heights an option if you need a bit of garden / space. We're moving to LH soon as the internet issues at LF are just too much... only 2 precincts have UniFi, and we're not on one of them!

Is it cheaper in terms of cost of living?

Never lived in S'pore but apparently, yes.

Hopefully some others will pitch in!
Good luck with the move if you make it.

Last edited by geedee; May 11th 2015 at 2:51 am.