Moving to Nusajaya

Old Oct 16th 2016, 6:19 am
Just Joined

Taci is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving to Nusajaya

Since I am moving with my family to Nusajaya in March next year we'll be there next week to see a little bit how life works. I must say that we are coming from South-East Europe and haven't lived in that part of the World before.
Does anyone have any suggestions on what to pay attention there?
Where is the best to live with a small child? We are planning to visit East Ledang, Ledang Heights and Horizon Hills.
Is there any preschools in the area?
What are the hospitals?
Is there any spaces for recreation, walking and so on?
How does the expats community work?

Hoping for some feedback and thoughts!
Old Oct 25th 2016, 2:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

geedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to Nusajaya

Hi Taci

Sorry your post has gone unanswered for so long.... it's a bit quiet on this particular sub-forum!

I'd look through the threads as there's loads of stuff that will help.

Basically the main 4 expat "compounds" are Horizon Hills, East Ledang, Ledang Heights and Leisure Farm.

Leisure Farm is, in my opinion, the nicest, but not as convenient for getting anywhere as you have to drive through Gelang Patah. Horizon Hills probably the biggest, and has some good value rental places. East Ledang and Ledang Heights are both nice.

One thing to pay attention to is where you work (or your spouse).... if it's Singapore, you have to take into account the commuting times.

There are plenty of Hospitals, and the two big private ones are Colombia Asia and the recently opened Gleneagles. Both are good, Gleneagles has got a great reputation for care, not so for paperwork!

The expat community is pretty good and quite welcoming.... as with anywhere good friends take time to nurture! There are pre-schools, Marlborough College run a Kindergarten but you need to check costs etc. Marlborough College is fantastic, but there are other choices, you'll need to check online as it wasn't something we needed to look into.

Good luck with your move and if you have any specific questions, I do check in here now and again!