Best place to live in JB for expats

Old Feb 5th 2017, 6:21 am
Just Joined

PKBL is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Best place to live in JB for expats

Hi all,
We are a family of three (with a 2 year old) and we maybe moving to JB for work by the end of this year.
We are from Australia but have lived in HK and Europe for the past 5 years.
Would be great if you could point us to the right area to look into moving to.... close proximity to international/private school for the little one would be great.... Also is there an expat Aussie group around?
Many thanx ...
Old Feb 9th 2017, 12:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

geedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Best place to live in JB for expats

Hi PKBL
Welcome to the (very quiet!) forum....

There are expats that live in JB itself, but most of the ones we know live in one of the gated communities -
Leisure Farm
Ledang Heights
East Ledang
Horizon Hills

Look at Property Guru Malaysia or iProperty to get a feel for what each is like, rental prices etc.

The above 4 are close to "educity" which has 3 UK Universities (Southampton, Reading, Newcastle), and International Schools (Marlborough College, Raffles American, Sun City and some others).

Good luck!
Old May 19th 2017, 12:17 pm
Just Joined

abidx is an unknown quantity at this point

hello - just joined today. we are a family with 2 young boys hopefully moving to Malaysia later this year or next year at the latest, so following this thread with interest - I guess it boils down to school location which we are currently evaluating too! we will be visiting in August to get a feel for the place hopefully this will make it easier for us to make a decision!
Old May 24th 2017, 11:05 am
Just Joined

Location: Norwich, UK currently but JB, Malaysia from August.
Richard_Vickers is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

Myself and my partner are moving to JB for work in August and it's looking like we'll be living in Bukit Indah, which I gather is a small town on the western edge of JB.

Can anyone give any feedback on Bukit Indah itself or JB for that matter? I've heard things, not all good, about JB but am very curious to find out for myself.

Having never been to Malaysia we're both tremendously excited but of course a little nervous about the whole shebang.

Thanks in advance,
Richard.
Old Jun 7th 2017, 10:52 pm
Just Joined

inetbug is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone - I've been rather inactive on the forum since last year but now that our MM2H is done I might be able to offer more insight where possible, we moved to Singapore for work but eventually will be settling down in JB just don't know when. Anyway having said that I can say without a doubt we love it up there, may not as picture perfect as Singapore but it has it's own charms and there are certainly enough reasons for us to make regular trips up there once or twice a month. Let me quell your fears about safety issues, like any other city get to know the places and the people and have your wits about you and you'll be just fine ... it's not rocket science. We haven't witnessed any crimes there but I sometimes hear sensationalized stories usually online, go figure!

To address your question it depends on your preference, we prefer urban so we like downtown JB itself, but take a look at the earlier post it lists some real nice suburban areas with many expats and international schools. Our area of focus is downtown JB because of access to Singapore via the new upcoming Bukit Chagar station which will connect CIQ to the new Thomson-East MRT line via Woodlands in a few years, hopefully. It's very promising, we've watched development in the area over the past year and have seen the progress first hand.
Old Jan 27th 2019, 5:33 pm
Just Joined

Aura is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by geedee
Hi PKBL
Welcome to the (very quiet!) forum....

There are expats that live in JB itself, but most of the ones we know live in one of the gated communities -
Leisure Farm
Ledang Heights
East Ledang
Horizon Hills

Look at Property Guru Malaysia or iProperty to get a feel for what each is like, rental prices etc.

The above 4 are close to "educity" which has 3 UK Universities (Southampton, Reading, Newcastle), and International Schools (Marlborough College, Raffles American, Sun City and some others).

Good luck!
i believe that you are familiar with JB, would you help me and name a few cluster houses gated community with gym and pool? I’ve been googling and can’t seem to find them.
Old Feb 16th 2019, 1:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

geedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Aura (you've probably gone by now!!) - they all have Gym and Pool(s)
Old Mar 16th 2019, 11:33 pm
Just Joined

ludba is an unknown quantity at this point

any feedback or recommendations?
Old Mar 19th 2019, 3:02 am
Just Joined

ksaw is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ludba
any feedback or recommendations?
Greetings lubda, there are various newly built condominium around Nusajaya area such as D'Suites, Impiana, Econest which has high security and facilities such as gym, swimming pool and etc. And also gated communities for landed estate such as East Ledang, Horizon Hills and etc. These areas are very welcome for expat due to its safe and serenity, well developed environment. Also the Educity nearby with educational institution such as University of Southampton, University of Newcastle, University of Reading, Raffles American School, Marlborough College and Sunway International School give expat a great deal of choice to settle down their children's educational needs.

We're property negotiator expertise in Nusajaya region, feel free to contact us for further information.
Thank you.