Any MCM parents here ?

Old Jan 23rd 2014, 9:31 am
Just Joined

Octonauts is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Any MCM parents here ?

Hi, we in the middle of arranging our move to Leisure Farm.
Could anyone who have kids at MCM help please.

1) just got a letter from HR MCM- that we will only got 1 long term visa ( not for both parents , just one, either mom or dad) + the student ( our son).
Why are they only give one ? It's really strange. Are they encourage people to join MM2H as they suggest us to do ?
Is there anything else we can do other than joining MM2H ?

2) I read the MM2H web, so our money lock for a year, you can take it for medical, education and housing. What does it mean ? Is medical withdraw only for emergency : operation etc ? Education - is paying school fees count as emergency withdraw ?

How easy and not so complicated if we want to withdraw ???

Thank you so much. And please do reply straight forward answer, my head is spinning reading sooooo much thread and uncertain / unclear answer. Tx
Old Jan 23rd 2014, 12:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

geedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Any MCM parents here ?

Octo, as you're on "BritishExpats" is it safe to assume you and your family are British?
I went through all this angst and received bucket loads of help here, so others will be along to chip in too.
We have been here for 6 months. I am on a 90 day Social Visit Pass, so is my wife. I cross the border to Singapore nearly every day, and my visa should be updated each time but that's a moot point as I arranged for a MACS pass in about 10 minutes. I think it's good for a year.
The School arrange the Student Visas. We didn't get them until about 2 months after school started, but they have them now.
You do not need to go the MM2H route.... let's be honest, not everyone has that sort of "liquid" asset nor the funds to give to Malaysia.
We were thinking of applying for "Guardian Visas" which are good for 1 year, but to be honest can't see the point of that. There may come a day when an Immigration Officer takes objection to the fact that I'm coming and going as I please, and insists I get one. We did go to immigration at Tropicana (?) and ask about it, and they said it would be straightforward to do.
Malaysians are pretty cool when it comes to being a guest in their Country.... long may it continue!
In a nutshell, if you're a Brit (or one of many other Nationalities) you'll get a 90 day visa on arrival. Pop over to Singapore now and again and get it renewed. The school will get the Student Visa.
Good luck!
Old Jan 23rd 2014, 12:06 pm

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

Re MM2H, not sure what you mean by "money locked for a year ". You need to place a Fixed deposit if you get accepted for the visa (assuming you don't do,the government pension option). The Fixed Deposit stays in place for the duration of you keeping the MM2h visa. Think,it is pretty clear on the government website.

Anyway think Geedee has given you the best advice
Old Jan 23rd 2014, 12:21 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by geedee
Octo, as you're on "BritishExpats" is it safe to assume you and your family are British?
I went through all this angst and received bucket loads of help here, so others will be along to chip in too.
We have been here for 6 months. I am on a 90 day Social Visit Pass, so is my wife. I cross the border to Singapore nearly every day, and my visa should be updated each time but that's a moot point as I arranged for a MACS pass in about 10 minutes. I think it's good for a year.
The School arrange the Student Visas. We didn't get them until about 2 months after school started, but they have them now.
You do not need to go the MM2H route.... let's be honest, not everyone has that sort of "liquid" asset nor the funds to give to Malaysia.
We were thinking of applying for "Guardian Visas" which are good for 1 year, but to be honest can't see the point of that. There may come a day when an Immigration Officer takes objection to the fact that I'm coming and going as I please, and insists I get one. We did go to immigration at Tropicana (?) and ask about it, and they said it would be straightforward to do.
Malaysians are pretty cool when it comes to being a guest in their Country.... long may it continue!
In a nutshell, if you're a Brit (or one of many other Nationalities) you'll get a 90 day visa on arrival. Pop over to Singapore now and again and get it renewed. The school will get the Student Visa.
Good luck!
Thank you Geedee, you are very helpful.
My husband is British and I'm not.
Are you on MACS pass now ? I will look in to it to apply.
Bakebeans, thank you for not really helping, just being a busy body. If you don't have the answer of people question, it's best too be quite. Anyway, you based in Penang !
Old Jan 23rd 2014, 12:34 pm

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

You put something factually incorrect about the MM2H visa which could mislead others. I was correcting it.
Old Jan 23rd 2014, 12:39 pm
Just Joined

Yes I'm not clear, this is what I mean :

i) MM2H Applicants aged below 50 years old:
Must place a Fixed Deposit in a bank account in Malaysia of RM300,000
Can withdraw up to RM150,000 for the purchase of house, medical insurance or children’s education expenses after the deposit has been placed for one year
Old Jan 23rd 2014, 12:59 pm

It's exactly as it says. You would need to check with MM2H (Motac) direct to check what is acceptable to withdraw.

Quite honestly though, if you are not thinking of retirement, the MACS pass seems to be the way to go, and you should take advice from Geedee who has gone through the process.

Yes I live in Penang. I used to live and work in Singapore before I (early)retired to Thailand and then Malaysia, so I have a broad base of knowledge for the region.
Old Jan 23rd 2014, 1:04 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by bakedbean
It's exactly as it says. You would need to check with MM2H (Motac) direct to check what is acceptable to withdraw.

Quite honestly though, if you are not thinking of retirement, the MACS pass seems to be the way to go, and you should take advice from Geedee who has gone through the process.

Yes I live in Penang. I used to live and work in Singapore before I (early)retired to Thailand and then Malaysia, so I have a broad base of knowledge for the region.
Brilliant !!! This is the answer that I'm looking for. Thank you BB.
You are helpful after all )) peace !

I'm just a bit stress with the move

Geedee, any info RE : MACS will really appriciated.

Thank you so much both. Xx
Old Jan 23rd 2014, 11:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

geedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond repute

Octo,
Yes I have a MACS.... it's not really a Visa, it's a Malaysian Automated Clearance System (I think) and it means you don't have to get stamped at the border every time you cross. The actual visa is the Social Pass which is "renewed" every time you come in.
You should check what visa you are going to get on arrival at Malaysia.... some get 90 days, others less and some have to pre-apply before arriving.
If the school are going to process one Long Term Visa for you, that will be a big help....
Old Jan 24th 2014, 6:21 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by geedee
Octo,
Yes I have a MACS.... it's not really a Visa, it's a Malaysian Automated Clearance System (I think) and it means you don't have to get stamped at the border every time you cross. The actual visa is the Social Pass which is "renewed" every time you come in.
You should check what visa you are going to get on arrival at Malaysia.... some get 90 days, others less and some have to pre-apply before arriving.
If the school are going to process one Long Term Visa for you, that will be a big help....
Thank you Geedee, I'm contacting removal company now, so far got KC dat ( v v expensive quote) and I've got CHL ( bocat not impress, but it's cheaper ) I'm waiting for LSA removal. If you have any recommended , that will be great !

Thanks Geedee
Old Jan 24th 2014, 6:39 am
BE Forum Addict

We came from Canada and used Crown. They were OK but pricey!!
Old Jan 24th 2014, 3:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bocat has a reputation beyond reputeBocat has a reputation beyond reputeBocat has a reputation beyond reputeBocat has a reputation beyond reputeBocat has a reputation beyond reputeBocat has a reputation beyond reputeBocat has a reputation beyond reputeBocat has a reputation beyond reputeBocat has a reputation beyond reputeBocat has a reputation beyond reputeBocat has a reputation beyond repute

Most people here are on a MACS pass. MM2H is way too expensive for us and I can't really see what the benefits would be. Presumably this is more common for other areas of Malaysia?

If you have any status in Singapore - citizen, PR, employment pass or dependent then gaining a MACS pass shouldn't be a problem. The school will also give you a letter that you can take along to the MACS office when you go for your pass. I think the fee is still RM30 -take the right change along as they never seem to have any.

The Guardianship Visa is extremely difficult to find information on. However, as far as I'm aware only one parent can apply for it.

CHL were blinking awful. I'd avoid if you can.
Old Jan 26th 2014, 7:59 am
Just Joined

Thank you so much Geedee and Bocat.
You are very helpful. We will be there around Easter Holiday in April.
Will be great to meet up if you free. I will PM you our number near at the time. Thank you
Old Jan 26th 2014, 12:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Octonauts
Thank you so much Geedee and Bocat.
You are very helpful. We will be there around Easter Holiday in April.
Will be great to meet up if you free. I will PM you our number near at the time. Thank you
Hope your move goes well. Don't take offence if I wriggle out of a meeting... I haven't even met Bocat yet and we're practically neighbours!
Old Jan 28th 2014, 5:59 am
Forum Regular

bellynbella is a glorious beacon of lightbellynbella is a glorious beacon of lightbellynbella is a glorious beacon of lightbellynbella is a glorious beacon of lightbellynbella is a glorious beacon of lightbellynbella is a glorious beacon of lightbellynbella is a glorious beacon of lightbellynbella is a glorious beacon of lightbellynbella is a glorious beacon of lightbellynbella is a glorious beacon of lightbellynbella is a glorious beacon of light

Hi all!

I need a little clarification, please.

My kids and I will be moving to Malaysia beginning of April this year. My daughter will attend school in Malaysia (6yrs old) and I have a business to run in Singapore. I don't have any Sing visa's yet (apparently need to wait 8mths to apply for Sing EP). It's my understanding that i can get the MACS through her school which will allow me to enter Sing with no issue. However, does having a MAC pass mean i can lease a MY car and drive that into Sing everyday? I have read that it can take a few months to get the MAC pass from school so in the meantime i'm happy to use a private driver since i can't see any other way to get into Sing.
or as a director of my business (again no visa besides Tourist), can I hire/lease a Sing car and drive that home to MY everyday?

Thanks for your help. Its greatly appreciated.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.