Where have all the oldies gone?

Old Dec 27th 2006, 7:02 am
is happy to be here :)

Tiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond repute
Unhappy Where have all the oldies gone?

Haven't been on here a while since everything happened and I moved to oz!

Was just wondering what everyone is up to nowadays, as all the older members (not in age btw) seem to have disappeared off the face of the earth!

You know who you are....how are you all doing now....would be nice to catch up.

I know Annqld is still around, (like a bad smell) (Just joking Ann )

But what is everyone else doing now?

I am settled in Joondalup, North Perth with hubby and work in Joondalup Health Campus on a rehab ward. It is a lovely place, and everyone is so friendly. We are hoping to buy a house in the next six months and have been here 3 months now.

Hope you are all keeping well
Old Dec 28th 2006, 3:53 am
Lovin it!!!!!!!!!

somedogsdo is a name known to allsomedogsdo is a name known to allsomedogsdo is a name known to allsomedogsdo is a name known to allsomedogsdo is a name known to allsomedogsdo is a name known to allsomedogsdo is a name known to allsomedogsdo is a name known to allsomedogsdo is a name known to allsomedogsdo is a name known to allsomedogsdo is a name known to all
Default Re: Where have all the oldies gone?

Hi Ange,
Just caught your post. Haven't been on since we got here in September, its been a crazy 3 months. Not had any time to write, but have been poppin in every now and again to catch up and see whats going on.

We are in Ocean Reef, and really lovin it.

Work, well where do i start. Got the job at ED in Joondalup and spent a whole day there!!!

Next got a job in Health Direct ( equiv to NHS Direct) took the job as they were advertising work at home and have been doing that ever since. Was set up with home pc which links into there computer network and i take calls from the office. working 38 hours a fortnight, with a few extra if i can.

I also got a job as a PN at the drs surg next to my daughters school, but decided not to start. My initial plan was to do both and keep my clinical skills up whilst working on the phones, but i think it would have been too much to take on and try and run a family and enjoy Australia. So have now settled with just the one job!!!

Haven't been to many places yet, haven't had the time. Have done most of the kiddie places.But we are going to go inland and have a look round next week and try to get round Mandurah to have a look there. We are so far really happy to be here, no problems at all. My OH has started work for St Johns Ambulance as a paramedic, daughter is loving school, but is getting restless having been oh holidays for the last 4 weeks, and son is really happy 3 days at nursery.

So all in all a very hectic 3 months and Xmas thrown in. Spent the day at the house and had sushi and barbie!! very surreal, but I'm sure we will have no problems adjusting

It is difficult tying to get time to post but now things are settling down i should be able to log on more often.

Good to hear your ok

Paula xx
Old Dec 28th 2006, 4:52 am
Yorkshire Lass

meljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tiawamutu
Haven't been on here a while since everything happened and I moved to oz!

Was just wondering what everyone is up to nowadays, as all the older members (not in age btw) seem to have disappeared off the face of the earth!

You know who you are....how are you all doing now....would be nice to catch up.

I know Annqld is still around, (like a bad smell) (Just joking Ann )

But what is everyone else doing now?

I am settled in Joondalup, North Perth with hubby and work in Joondalup Health Campus on a rehab ward. It is a lovely place, and everyone is so friendly. We are hoping to buy a house in the next six months and have been here 3 months now.

Hope you are all keeping well
Hey, good to hear from you. Really glad you're enjoying your new life and settled in. I am working at the Royal Melbourne on the bank, which has been interesting but we are planning to go back next year possibly.

Hope you have a lovely New Year, Mel.
Old Dec 28th 2006, 2:04 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

hiya hon!

im still here in the uk ... looking after my mum and just plodding on through life.
will hopefully be able to start on the tra again in the new year ... with a view to just getting the visa and taking it from there.
we are getting married in may, and hoping to be in aus around june time for a honeymoon/long family holiday.
2006 has been a really crap year for us ... so hoping 2007 finally allows to move forward

happy new year luv

sue xx
Old Dec 29th 2006, 6:20 am

Tiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by somedogsdo
Hi Ange,
Just caught your post. Haven't been on since we got here in September, its been a crazy 3 months. Not had any time to write, but have been poppin in every now and again to catch up and see whats going on.

We are in Ocean Reef, and really lovin it.

Work, well where do i start. Got the job at ED in Joondalup and spent a whole day there!!!

Next got a job in Health Direct ( equiv to NHS Direct) took the job as they were advertising work at home and have been doing that ever since. Was set up with home pc which links into there computer network and i take calls from the office. working 38 hours a fortnight, with a few extra if i can.

I also got a job as a PN at the drs surg next to my daughters school, but decided not to start. My initial plan was to do both and keep my clinical skills up whilst working on the phones, but i think it would have been too much to take on and try and run a family and enjoy Australia. So have now settled with just the one job!!!

Haven't been to many places yet, haven't had the time. Have done most of the kiddie places.But we are going to go inland and have a look round next week and try to get round Mandurah to have a look there. We are so far really happy to be here, no problems at all. My OH has started work for St Johns Ambulance as a paramedic, daughter is loving school, but is getting restless having been oh holidays for the last 4 weeks, and son is really happy 3 days at nursery.

So all in all a very hectic 3 months and Xmas thrown in. Spent the day at the house and had sushi and barbie!! very surreal, but I'm sure we will have no problems adjusting

It is difficult tying to get time to post but now things are settling down i should be able to log on more often.

Good to hear your ok

Paula xx
Nice to hear how you are doing. What was wrong with ED? My friend works there (Gill) and she loves it.

Would be nice to meet up. Just give me a shout if you fancy it
Old Dec 29th 2006, 6:21 am

Originally Posted by meljor
Hey, good to hear from you. Really glad you're enjoying your new life and settled in. I am working at the Royal Melbourne on the bank, which has been interesting but we are planning to go back next year possibly.

Hope you have a lovely New Year, Mel.
Are you going back for a holiday, or for good?

Have a canny new year too
Old Dec 29th 2006, 6:24 am

Originally Posted by tiredwithtwins
hiya hon!

im still here in the uk ... looking after my mum and just plodding on through life.
will hopefully be able to start on the tra again in the new year ... with a view to just getting the visa and taking it from there.
we are getting married in may, and hoping to be in aus around june time for a honeymoon/long family holiday.
2006 has been a really crap year for us ... so hoping 2007 finally allows to move forward

happy new year luv

sue xx
Lovely to hear from you. I know what ytou mean about plodding, as I was doing that before we left.

Hope you manage to get sorted soon. Where is it you fancy going?

Hope 2007 is a better year for you, and congrats on geting married,

All the best,
Ange x
Old Dec 29th 2006, 9:39 am
BE Enthusiast

Robbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to all

I'm here! (just not very often!!)
I don't pop by very much as there's always something else to do.
Been here almost 13 months now and feeling very settled. Living in Bayside, Brisbane in our same rental currently, but have recently bought a plot of land which we plan to start building our own house on in a few weeks time.
Work is going well for both hubby and I. I am now a part time practice nurse in a local surgery and hubby is at Mater children's full time.
Girls have done their first year at school and have had nothing but compliments from their teachers, so all in all, we're GOOD! A whole year? Our second Christmas in Aus! Time flies when you're having fun.
Love to you all. x
Old Dec 30th 2006, 1:07 am
One of Big G's girls.

Loubags is a splendid one to beholdLoubags is a splendid one to beholdLoubags is a splendid one to beholdLoubags is a splendid one to beholdLoubags is a splendid one to beholdLoubags is a splendid one to beholdLoubags is a splendid one to beholdLoubags is a splendid one to beholdLoubags is a splendid one to beholdLoubags is a splendid one to beholdLoubags is a splendid one to behold

Not really an oldie as didn't post too much but always found advice on here useful.

Am now in Perth, working at PMH ( psych med ) and loving it. Had loads of reservations about the mental health services here, but it's all good so far - at least where I am. Staff are great and although there is a massive lack of community services ( ie virtually none and a bit concerning that many of the community nurses only see patients in the office and don't follow up non -attendance :scared: ), there seems to be lots of movement forward.

Am on a 457 visa, but have just applied for perm via ENS. Bought a house, which we love and feeling well settled.

Hope everyone has a great 2007

Cheers
Old Dec 30th 2006, 6:56 pm
Account Closed

Margaret3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello ange, glad to hear your doing ok, am still here , waiting on my house to sell, then off to mellie
Old Dec 30th 2006, 9:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

sunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to all

Hi Tia & Co

I'm not really an oldie, but don't get on here as much as I used to. Glad to hear you made it Tia, and very interested to hear how you and everyone is getting on. Especially in Perth area, and working in ED. I have my meds this week, and am heading there later in the year to validate and check out Perth hospital for the second time! Good to hear how things are once you start work etc, and what the different areas are like. Still not got that far yet, but good to know for when I hopefully have.
Old Jan 2nd 2007, 3:53 am
BE Forum Addict

Boopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Tia,
It's Dee from Sunderland, I used to post on here up to 6 months ago. Our house got sold Nov '05 and we had to move in with mother in law, didn't actually get to NZ until end of June. Worked at a hospital, hated it and now work as a practice nurse. Son & hubby both working and settled, life is good now - they tell me I'm no longer a stress head. Have you settled in Oz yet.

Last edited by Boopy; Jan 2nd 2007 at 3:57 am. Reason: spelling
Old Jan 2nd 2007, 6:41 am

Originally Posted by Boopy
Hi Tia,
It's Dee from Sunderland, I used to post on here up to 6 months ago. Our house got sold Nov '05 and we had to move in with mother in law, didn't actually get to NZ until end of June. Worked at a hospital, hated it and now work as a practice nurse. Son & hubby both working and settled, life is good now - they tell me I'm no longer a stress head. Have you settled in Oz yet.
Gald to hear you are getting on Ok. I kow what you mean about not being a stress head anymore!

We have settle into Oz well. We've been here just over 3 months, and are looking at buying a house.

All the best for 2007
Old Jan 2nd 2007, 6:43 am

Originally Posted by Margaret3
Hello ange, glad to hear your doing ok, am still here , waiting on my house to sell, then off to mellie
Sorry, but did you used to be margaret2?

I know what it's like to be delayed with house sale. Hope you get someone soon
Old Jan 2nd 2007, 6:47 am

Originally Posted by sunflower7
Hi Tia & Co

I'm not really an oldie, but don't get on here as much as I used to. Glad to hear you made it Tia, and very interested to hear how you and everyone is getting on. Especially in Perth area, and working in ED. I have my meds this week, and am heading there later in the year to validate and check out Perth hospital for the second time! Good to hear how things are once you start work etc, and what the different areas are like. Still not got that far yet, but good to know for when I hopefully have.
It won't be long until your here and working believe me. You've been waiting for it that long, and then it just comes around so quickly, and then your in Oz!

Good luck, and keep us informed on how you get on.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.