visa

Old Nov 11th 2004, 10:57 am

lynnlovessun is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: visa

Originally Posted by ecando
Well .. just to update ...
YELLOW ENVELOPE arrived today, and we're off to the post office to send the passports Special Delivery!
Can't believe it was only 1 week today that I started this thread ... now the passports are off for stampin'!
CONGRATULATIONS JEZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

So please for you!!!!!!!!! Thats so exciting!

All the best and have a good tonight!

Lynn x
Old Nov 11th 2004, 11:51 am
BE Enthusiast

primrose will become famous soon enoughprimrose will become famous soon enough

Great news Jez,

What size envelope does it come in, I've been checking post all week for mine!!
Old Nov 11th 2004, 1:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

ecando will become famous soon enoughecando will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by primrose
Great news Jez,

What size envelope does it come in, I've been checking post all week for mine!!
No ruler I'm afraid, but fold a pice of A4 paper in half... that's the size
Old Nov 11th 2004, 7:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

RAG62 will become famous soon enoughRAG62 will become famous soon enough

Well .. just to update ...
YELLOW ENVELOPE arrived today, and we're off to the post office to send the passports Special Delivery!
Can't believe it was only 1 week today that I started this thread ... now the passports are off for stampin'!

Wot no trackin down to London!!!
Old Nov 14th 2004, 9:06 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by RAG62
Sorry mate ...used royal mail for it ... special delivery, with a special delivery envelope inside ... DHL needed me to open an account to do the same ... and it couldn't be done there and then ...so! BYE then!!

The passports arrived on Friday at 09:06 am!

Saturday, we sold Laura's car (The guy who bought my Audi, well it's someone who works for him!) and they said we can keep it until we move! How cool is that!?
They also had a lot of the odds and sods of stuff we had left, and they were such nicepeople, that we didn't charge for most of it.... just knowing the car had sold was another weight lifted ...

Today is the day we book our flights ... Boooking the Oz flights, probably with Emirates, based on the feedback from Tass, but the flights to France (going there first) will wait until we have the passports back.

Boxes packed ... will do a count later, and will post on Tuesday (after they've given us a final quote) the damage ...
watch this space!

For some reason I can't subscribe to my own thread anymore, so I don't get notifications of posts here?
Old Nov 14th 2004, 9:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

ireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud of

Congrats on the visa good luck down under ireland
Old Nov 14th 2004, 10:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ireland
Congrats on the visa good luck down under ireland
thanks ... and for some reason I am now subscribed! but up!

Just back from the neighbours ...

Old Nov 19th 2004, 9:25 am
BE Enthusiast

Hi Rich,
Thanks for your email ... (in the whirlwind which is our life - NO I'm not complaining! , I seem to have deleted it!)

Any hoos ... Passports SAFELY returned this morning, along with our tickets for Melbourne!

VERY exciting morning !
Old Nov 19th 2004, 8:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

RAG62 will become famous soon enoughRAG62 will become famous soon enough

Hi Rich,
Thanks for your email ... (in the whirlwind which is our life - NO I'm not complaining! , I seem to have deleted it!)

Any hoos ... Passports SAFELY returned this morning, along with our tickets for Melbourne!

VERY exciting morning !
Jez - gutted that you deleted my e-mail. Just when I thought we were mates .
Still might forgive if I ever get to Oz. Have started a new thread about our delays. Only just received registration with the NBSA on Wednesday. Once we get the certificate certified then we will send off modified assesment to ANMC. God it has taken a long time. Still may be a good thing with the way the exchange rate is at the moment. Could be fate........

Glad things are going great guns for you. Lucky bugger.
Rich
Old Nov 20th 2004, 9:14 am
BE Enthusiast

Jez - gutted that you deleted my e-mail. Just when I thought we were mates .
Still might forgive if I ever get to Oz. Have started a new thread about our delays. Only just received registration with the NBSA on Wednesday. Once we get the certificate certified then we will send off modified assesment to ANMC. God it has taken a long time. Still may be a good thing with the way the exchange rate is at the moment. Could be fate........

Glad things are going great guns for you. Lucky bugger.
Rich

You'll always have a special place in my heart ...

I'm SOOOOO pleased for you and Gill. It taken 4 months .... ANMC will be a lot quicker (are you going to use DHL for speed and SECURITY!?), so start looking PAST the ANMC bit, to the visa application. Look at what you need for that.
You can shave the odd day, week, month off by getting things in motion now .... Adn yes, these are things that don't cost! LOL
Has Gill started to get references together to prove her experience?? In our experience, these took the most amount of time, so look into these now if not!
Don't mention the exchange rate!
Old Nov 20th 2004, 9:26 am

You'll always have a special place in my heart ...

I'm SOOOOO pleased for you and Gill. It taken 4 months .... ANMC will be a lot quicker (are you going to use DHL for speed and SECURITY!?), so start looking PAST the ANMC bit, to the visa application. Look at what you need for that.
You can shave the odd day, week, month off by getting things in motion now .... Adn yes, these are things that don't cost! LOL
Has Gill started to get references together to prove her experience?? In our experience, these took the most amount of time, so look into these now if not!
Don't mention the exchange rate!
Do you think I should DHL my stuff to QNC as it contains the most documents (certified), ANMC modified hardly needs any documents. Have got all my docs certified at same time for QNC/ANMC and DIMIA. Only need those refs for DIMIA now!!!

Things are moving - NBSA sound really slow, hope QNC are faster - they are saying 10 days in the forms!?

Lynn
Old Nov 20th 2004, 9:32 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by lynnlovessun
Do you think I should DHL my stuff to QNC as it contains the most documents (certified), ANMC modified hardly needs any documents. Have got all my docs certified at same time for QNC/ANMC and DIMIA. Only need those refs for DIMIA now!!!

Things are moving - NBSA sound really slow, hope QNC are faster - they are saying 10 days in the forms!?

Lynn
Hi Lynn ...

We sent everything by DHL ... it cost approx £40 at time, but you get to track it, and get peace of mind it's arrived. With International Signed For, the only tracking you get is "it's been handed over to overseas postal service for delivery", or other c**p like that. You never get to see it arrive.
QNC were/are really quick. From posting (International Signed For - but we learnt from that!!!!) to recepit back was three weeks .... blimey, way way back in May/June.

Jez
Old Nov 20th 2004, 9:36 am

Hi Lynn ...

We sent everything by DHL ... it cost approx £40 at time, but you get to track it, and get peace of mind it's arrived. With International Signed For, the only tracking you get is "it's been handed over to overseas postal service for delivery", or other c**p like that. You never get to see it arrive.
QNC were/are really quick. From posting (International Signed For - but we learnt from that!!!!) to recepit back was three weeks .... blimey, way way back in May/June.

Jez
Cheers for that Jez - Yes think I want the peace of mind of track and trace for all 3 of my applications, expensive though! Did you just put everything for QNC in an envelope and DIMIA? Do you have to secure the application/ documents together? Was just thinking about using those poly pockets.

Lynn
Old Nov 20th 2004, 9:40 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by lynnlovessun
Cheers for that Jez - Yes think I want the peace of mind of track and trace for all 3 of my applications, expensive though! Did you just put everything for QNC in an envelope and DIMIA? Do you have to secure the application/ documents together? Was just thinking about using those poly pockets.

Lynn
Didn't use poly pockets, as they do state this in the application packs ...

We put ours in an plain envelope (don't seal it as DHL will need a quick peek), but didn't use any bindings etc. Think of all the poly pockets, bulldog clips etc they have to get rid of!
At least the envelope can get receycled.
Just a thought ...
Jez
Old Nov 20th 2004, 9:41 am

Didn't use poly pockets, as they do state this in the application packs ...

We put ours in an plain envelope (don't seal it as DHL will need a quick peek), but didn't use any bindings etc. Think of all the poly pockets, bulldog clips etc they have to get rid of!
At least the envelope can get receycled.
Just a thought ...
Jez
Ok I will just stick it all in a big envelope nice and simply!!! Not even a paperclip!?!?!?

Lynn

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.