Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Nurses, Doctors, and other Medical/Healthcare occupations
Reload this Page >

UK based Registered Nurse (Adult Branch) considering travelling alone...

UK based Registered Nurse (Adult Branch) considering travelling alone...

Old Jun 12th 2016, 8:37 pm
Forum Regular

JD1990 has a reputation beyond reputeJD1990 has a reputation beyond reputeJD1990 has a reputation beyond reputeJD1990 has a reputation beyond reputeJD1990 has a reputation beyond reputeJD1990 has a reputation beyond reputeJD1990 has a reputation beyond reputeJD1990 has a reputation beyond reputeJD1990 has a reputation beyond reputeJD1990 has a reputation beyond reputeJD1990 has a reputation beyond repute
Smile UK based Registered Nurse (Adult Branch) considering travelling alone...

Hello Everyone,

First post on here and I'm in such a quandary.

I live in Bath, UK and I've been qualified 5 years pretty much as a Qualified Adult Nurse and I'm craving some sunshine so I want to go to Australia!!

It would be the biggest thing I've done next to buying a house and I have so many worries.... I'd be wanting to work in Sydney and I'd rent my house out back in the UK for some income and to carry on paying my mortgage - I guess it's good to have a house to come back to if all goes tits up?

I'm going to be doing it all alone which is petrifying I don't even know where to start. I don't really want to use an agency unless I have to - trying to cut down costs. I've looked into the IELTS proficiency test which I can take at my local uni which is great - how long does that last for?

So many questions!! Ahhh!! anyone in my shoes (single etc) who has successfully moved?

JD
Old Jul 2nd 2016, 11:33 pm
Forum Regular

shackybracky is a name known to allshackybracky is a name known to allshackybracky is a name known to allshackybracky is a name known to allshackybracky is a name known to allshackybracky is a name known to allshackybracky is a name known to allshackybracky is a name known to allshackybracky is a name known to allshackybracky is a name known to allshackybracky is a name known to all
Default Re: UK based Registered Nurse (Adult Branch) considering travelling alone...

Hey. I see nobody has replied to your post which is surprising! Have you made any more progress yet? The IELTS test lasts in definitely i think. I guess the firstv step for you would be for you to decide which visa you want to come on? ?
Old Jul 3rd 2016, 3:17 am
BE Enthusiast

Jilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK based Registered Nurse (Adult Branch) considering travelling alone...

Hi JD. Welcome to BE.

The first thing to confirm is that you are degree trained rather than diploma. Have a good look at the ANMAC site as you will needs your skills assessing. You need to do the academic IELTS rather than general too (as far as I know). You will then need to register with AHPRA which can be time consuming and very frustrating but doable Many people manage it without an agent.

Have a good read of the AHPRA thread on here too as there is heaps of info regarding the process.

Visa wise have a read of the immi skill select site. If you can, apply for a 189 visa rather than a 457 as it is a permanent visa which doesn't restrict where and for whom you work.

Good luck x
Old Jul 8th 2016, 4:47 pm
Just Joined

E.s2 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi! I am thinking about doing the exact same and feeling as though I do not have a clue where to start! I'm also an Adult trained nurse wanting to do something completely different and on my own, which scares the hell out of me. I've read the replies you've got, which all seem very helpful! Would be good to chat and help each other through!
Ellie
Old Aug 5th 2016, 4:00 pm
Just Joined

Parveen Akhtar is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello can anyone help ! I had my nursing registeration for Australia back in 2009 but I did not Persue this and let my Australian registration lapse. I've contacted aphra and they could not find my registeration details but was told that it could be relocated be sending a covering letter and completing form agen-40, can anybody tell me if this is correct ? I don't want to go through whole process and then be turned down.