Transcript of training help!

Old Jan 30th 2009, 5:48 pm
Just Joined

2coxys will become famous soon enough
Default Transcript of training help!

Hi,

Sorry if this has been talked about before but im in abit of a panic! Im on a new grad program starting on the 9th march in perth going on a 457 [hopefully]. Im really struggling with my transcript of training for my WA registration apparently the one person who could help me at the uni was off sick... shes back now but I was wondering how long these things take to generate? have anyone got theirs, how long did it take you??
someone just told me 8 weeks ahhh!!
Old Jan 30th 2009, 6:07 pm
Forum Regular

suzanne7575 is a splendid one to beholdsuzanne7575 is a splendid one to beholdsuzanne7575 is a splendid one to beholdsuzanne7575 is a splendid one to beholdsuzanne7575 is a splendid one to beholdsuzanne7575 is a splendid one to beholdsuzanne7575 is a splendid one to beholdsuzanne7575 is a splendid one to beholdsuzanne7575 is a splendid one to beholdsuzanne7575 is a splendid one to beholdsuzanne7575 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Transcript of training help!

Originally Posted by 2coxys
Hi,

Sorry if this has been talked about before but im in abit of a panic! Im on a new grad program starting on the 9th march in perth going on a 457 [hopefully]. Im really struggling with my transcript of training for my WA registration apparently the one person who could help me at the uni was off sick... shes back now but I was wondering how long these things take to generate? have anyone got theirs, how long did it take you??
well mine took a yeaR!!!! but mine was an exception to the rule as they lost all the records and i trained 12 years ago, however most uni's can do it in a matter of a couple of weeks i reckon
Old Jan 31st 2009, 3:42 am
BE Enthusiast

cheshiremark is just really nicecheshiremark is just really nicecheshiremark is just really nicecheshiremark is just really nicecheshiremark is just really nicecheshiremark is just really nicecheshiremark is just really nicecheshiremark is just really nicecheshiremark is just really nicecheshiremark is just really nice

Hi,

Hi,
Its unbelievable isn't it. How can it take so long for somebody sitting in an office at uni to bring up your details on a computer screen and press 'print'. Student services gave me the wrong details of the person I needed to write to request my transcript. It then took them six weeks to tell me that I sent it to the wrong person and forwarded the details onto the person I should have sent it to. This person then asked for an extra £10 and when I sent this to him he told me that there was a six week waiting list :curse: I pointed out that if I hadn't been given the wrong details by student services I would be getting my transcript about now and I really needed it for my nursing assessment. He then said it will be in the post that day.

Perhaps if you tell them that you will lose the job you've been offered if you don't get it soon - even better if somebody from the hospital your going to will contact them on your behalf.

Now this is just a thought but if there's no way the uni will give you the transcript in time then perhaps you will be able to use the fact that the nursing boards in Australia mutually recognise each other. The Queensland Nursing Council (QNC) say that transcripts are not required, for nurses trained in the UK, to register with them. So perhaps you might be able to register with them and then fill in the paperwork to get mutual registration in WA. I don't know if its that simple in practice - perhaps somebody on here will correct me if I'm wrong but I just thought its worth investigating.

Let us know how you get on ,

Mark
Old Jan 31st 2009, 10:20 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by cheshiremark
Hi,
Its unbelievable isn't it. How can it take so long for somebody sitting in an office at uni to bring up your details on a computer screen and press 'print'. Student services gave me the wrong details of the person I needed to write to request my transcript. It then took them six weeks to tell me that I sent it to the wrong person and forwarded the details onto the person I should have sent it to. This person then asked for an extra £10 and when I sent this to him he told me that there was a six week waiting list :curse: I pointed out that if I hadn't been given the wrong details by student services I would be getting my transcript about now and I really needed it for my nursing assessment. He then said it will be in the post that day.

Perhaps if you tell them that you will lose the job you've been offered if you don't get it soon - even better if somebody from the hospital your going to will contact them on your behalf.

Now this is just a thought but if there's no way the uni will give you the transcript in time then perhaps you will be able to use the fact that the nursing boards in Australia mutually recognise each other. The Queensland Nursing Council (QNC) say that transcripts are not required, for nurses trained in the UK, to register with them. So perhaps you might be able to register with them and then fill in the paperwork to get mutual registration in WA. I don't know if its that simple in practice - perhaps somebody on here will correct me if I'm wrong but I just thought its worth investigating.

Let us know how you get on ,

Mark
thanks a least that gives me hope that they can do it quickly if they want! just have to make them find the motivation!
The 'only' person is now back from 3 weeks of sick leave but apparently she now has alot of work to catch up on! Have told them that I will lose my job [true] but dosen't seem to make much diffrence! will look into QNC tho thanks for all the advise its helping to keep me alittle sane!
Old Jan 31st 2009, 8:43 pm
Forum Regular

allandeb is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

Mine took a couple of weeks and cost £35......well i guess it was 10 pieces of paper stapled together..
hope all works out for you.
Allan.
Old Feb 1st 2009, 10:59 am
Forum Regular

suziegaz is just really nicesuziegaz is just really nicesuziegaz is just really nicesuziegaz is just really nicesuziegaz is just really nicesuziegaz is just really nicesuziegaz is just really nicesuziegaz is just really nicesuziegaz is just really nice

hi there

i applied for mine and because it was not long since i was at uni i called in and spoke to the person i needed too, maybe as your newly qualified this could be an option for you, mine only took a week to arrive but cost me 60 quid

hope this helps
suzie
x
Old Feb 1st 2009, 7:18 pm
avi
BE Enthusiast

avi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of light

Hi why are they charging for this? is it not just the course info that you have been doing for 3 years?
Old Feb 1st 2009, 9:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

cheshiremark is just really nicecheshiremark is just really nicecheshiremark is just really nicecheshiremark is just really nicecheshiremark is just really nicecheshiremark is just really nicecheshiremark is just really nicecheshiremark is just really nicecheshiremark is just really nicecheshiremark is just really nice

It seems to vary from uni to uni. In 2007, when I requested my transcript, The University of Manchester charged most students £10 to be sent a couple of copies of their transcript - this is most students except for those who did nursing. For nurses they charged £20 and refused to send me the transcripts direct stating that they will post them directly to where I want them to go.

Through other threads on here I have heard some people have been charged £100 for the transcripts. Its strange how the prices and the time you have to wait for this document seems to be between the uni's but that's just the way it is.

Mark
Old Feb 1st 2009, 9:12 pm
Account Closed

Kayelem is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

I just qualified and I got a letter congratulating me AND a transcript of my studies. I thougt this was something you just got when finnishing training. I will make sure I keep mine safe.
Old Feb 1st 2009, 9:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Kayelem
I just qualified and I got a letter congratulating me AND a transcript of my studies. I thougt this was something you just got when finnishing training. I will make sure I keep mine safe.
Yeah, I heard some people get theirs free when they leave uni but not many do so for most of us it can be quite stressful.

Mark
Old Feb 6th 2009, 9:19 am
Forum Regular

bigkaz is just really nicebigkaz is just really nicebigkaz is just really nicebigkaz is just really nicebigkaz is just really nicebigkaz is just really nicebigkaz is just really nicebigkaz is just really nice

I had trouble getting a copy of my transcript from the Uni I went to, despite them cashing the cheque the day I handed it in!!
I rang the NMC for advice and they told me they keep a copy of all course transcripts and they sent it to NBV free of charge and on the same day I rang them.
That was 5 years ago but worth a try to see if they still do it??
Old Feb 6th 2009, 2:20 pm
Forum Regular

suziegaz is just really nicesuziegaz is just really nicesuziegaz is just really nicesuziegaz is just really nicesuziegaz is just really nicesuziegaz is just really nicesuziegaz is just really nicesuziegaz is just really nicesuziegaz is just really nice

hi all,

msg for kayelem

would just like to let you know that i also received a free transcript at the end of my training, it was one page stating modules and points in each area that i had achieved.

i thought this was what the anmc needed and sent that off, unfortunately it was not enough information they needed a full transcript, which contained hours studied, hours on placement, area covered, sickness level etc.. and the course sylbus, this is the transcript that you will need

take care
suzie
x
Old Feb 6th 2009, 3:23 pm
Account Closed

Kayelem is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by suziegaz
hi all,

msg for kayelem

would just like to let you know that i also received a free transcript at the end of my training, it was one page stating modules and points in each area that i had achieved.

i thought this was what the anmc needed and sent that off, unfortunately it was not enough information they needed a full transcript, which contained hours studied, hours on placement, area covered, sickness level etc.. and the course sylbus, this is the transcript that you will need

take care
suzie
x
Hi Suzie. I rang my uni to ask about my transcript as it says they were £10 online got put through to nursing admin to get an answer machine left a a polite message and my number 2 days ago, and still no reply. This does not suprise me as my course was so disorganised.
Old Feb 6th 2009, 4:48 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Kayelem
Hi Suzie. I rang my uni to ask about my transcript as it says they were £10 online got put through to nursing admin to get an answer machine left a a polite message and my number 2 days ago, and still no reply. This does not suprise me as my course was so disorganised.
Hi

Yehay! after much stress I have finally got my transcript! It wasn't exactly what I was expecting but Im hoping it'll be ok! I fell into the trap of calmly thinking that I already had my transcript but the one I was given that detailed my marks/modules wasn't detailed enough, now they have given me a break down of my hours in theroy/pratice and say that both together makes up my transcript I hope they are right! They have told me that it will cost £37 but have given me the transcript and not asked for it yet........
Old Feb 6th 2009, 9:15 pm
Forum Regular

£37 quid you got that cheap, bite thier hand off and run, i paid 60 for midwifery and 50 for nursing transcripts.
xx

in edit just realised you not paid yet.....keep running lol (joking)

in edit kayelem, phone again or go into the uni in person!!!

suzie
x

Last edited by suziegaz; Feb 6th 2009 at 9:32 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.