Taking the step to Brisbane.

Old Jun 29th 2007, 7:00 pm
Forum Regular

hotel44 is a jewel in the roughhotel44 is a jewel in the roughhotel44 is a jewel in the roughhotel44 is a jewel in the roughhotel44 is a jewel in the rough
Default Taking the step to Brisbane.

Hi guys, I'm basically just starting my journey with regards to nursing abroad, in as much as i have made the decision that i want to go! Other than that i have not done anything, im so glad ive stumbled upon this website as i think it's going to be a lot of help.

Basically i want to get out to Brisbane as soon as possible, i want a garaunteed job, so am not interested in working for an agency. I have 2 years post reg experience as an acute medical adult nurse. I have heard that it is possible to be sponsered by a hosiptal but have absolutely no idea where to start with any of it! Can anyone give me a few pointers at how to start, i feel completely lost!

Thanks for your help.

Naomi xx
Old Jun 29th 2007, 9:02 pm
Forum Regular

hotel44 is a jewel in the roughhotel44 is a jewel in the roughhotel44 is a jewel in the roughhotel44 is a jewel in the roughhotel44 is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Taking the step to Brisbane.

Oooh forgot to say:

I know i have to register with the QNC, but do i do that first before finding a hospital/job. And does this still apply if i get sponsored by a hospital? And what about relocation packages, what are they and hose do i find out about them? I'm so sorry for being so clueless but this is all very confusing and im just itching to get started!

Thanks!
Old Jun 30th 2007, 5:33 pm
Forum Regular

nurse32 is just really nicenurse32 is just really nicenurse32 is just really nicenurse32 is just really nicenurse32 is just really nicenurse32 is just really nicenurse32 is just really nicenurse32 is just really nice

Originally Posted by hotel44
Oooh forgot to say:

I know i have to register with the QNC, but do i do that first before finding a hospital/job. And does this still apply if i get sponsored by a hospital? And what about relocation packages, what are they and hose do i find out about them? I'm so sorry for being so clueless but this is all very confusing and im just itching to get started!

Thanks!
hi
do a forum search on queensland health.... they have just finished interviewing in Manchester this week so look on their website and make some enquires. You may b able to have a telephone interview. best to send for QNC registration now, and if you do plan on going on a permenant visa and not go down the sponsored visa route, you will need to have a ANMC assessment before you apply for the visa
good luck
Old Jun 30th 2007, 5:58 pm

annqldau is an unknown quantity at this point

I would advise going for the permanent resident visa and not sponsored then you can work where and for who you want or not be a nurse at all if you fancy trying something else.

More info on QLD Health jobs is available at http://www.health.qld.gov.au/nursing/default.asp and www.thinknursing.com there will be similar sites for each state. You can submit an expression of interest to work in QLD through the first site via http://www.health.qld.gov.au/workfor..._tc_online.asp then you get circulated round the various hospitals to see if any one wants you. There are also loads of private hospitals here you can work for as well, some of whom will give you help with getting across.

You can sign up for a free regular email on this site that keeps you up to date with a lot of nursing jobs and opportunities monthly http://www.ncah.com/.

Originally Posted by hotel44
Hi guys, I'm basically just starting my journey with regards to nursing abroad, in as much as i have made the decision that i want to go! Other than that i have not done anything, im so glad ive stumbled upon this website as i think it's going to be a lot of help.

Basically i want to get out to Brisbane as soon as possible, i want a garaunteed job, so am not interested in working for an agency. I have 2 years post reg experience as an acute medical adult nurse. I have heard that it is possible to be sponsered by a hosiptal but have absolutely no idea where to start with any of it! Can anyone give me a few pointers at how to start, i feel completely lost!

Thanks for your help.

Naomi xx
Old Jul 14th 2007, 11:03 am
Just Joined

mary irene is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Taking the step to Brisbane.

hotel44 or anyone else if you are interested working a Nursing Home were I work for the passed 20 years let me now we need RN's AM/PM we offers family friendly and flexible hours, salary packaging options, supportive management staff. We are located South East of Brisbane. Hope to hear from you soon.
Old Jul 15th 2007, 4:13 am
Forum Regular

kateandderek2 is a name known to allkateandderek2 is a name known to allkateandderek2 is a name known to allkateandderek2 is a name known to allkateandderek2 is a name known to allkateandderek2 is a name known to allkateandderek2 is a name known to allkateandderek2 is a name known to allkateandderek2 is a name known to allkateandderek2 is a name known to allkateandderek2 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by mary irene
hotel44 or anyone else if you are interested working a Nursing Home were I work for the passed 20 years let me now we need RN's AM/PM we offers family friendly and flexible hours, salary packaging options, supportive management staff. We are located South East of Brisbane. Hope to hear from you soon.
hi mary irene,

where is your nursing home?

kate.
Old Jul 15th 2007, 5:34 am
Just Joined

mary irene is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello I got a private message from someone but for some reason it did not open. I am sorry, I am not able to answer you so I am placing my email address and I will answer you as soon as I get it [email protected]
hope to hear from you soon
Old Jul 15th 2007, 12:39 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mary irene
Hello I got a private message from someone but for some reason it did not open. I am sorry, I am not able to answer you so I am placing my email address and I will answer you as soon as I get it [email protected]
hope to hear from you soon
http://britishexpats.com/forum/faq.p..._vb_pm_explain