Sponsored visa from employer....pros and cons

Old Dec 1st 2016, 11:28 am
Forum Regular

CatLady1234 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Sponsored visa from employer....pros and cons

Hi there

I am considering the different visa options available. I just wondered what anyone's experience of the sponsored work visa....eg one where employer sponsors you so you are tied in to work for them usually for 4 years....is?
Did it work successfully for you? Pros and cons.....
Old Dec 1st 2016, 12:16 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sponsored visa from employer....pros and cons

Originally Posted by CatLady1234
Hi there

I am considering the different visa options available. I just wondered what anyone's experience of the sponsored work visa....eg one where employer sponsors you so you are tied in to work for them usually for 4 years....is?
Want to give us a clue as to which country you're asking about?!
Old Dec 1st 2016, 12:34 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there

In some countries that may be the only way in, but in any case, arriving overseas and then trying to find a good job isn't much fun.
Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Want to give us a clue as to which country you're asking about?! ....
Based on her posting history, it looks like she's talking about Australia, or maybe New Zealand.
Old Dec 1st 2016, 3:06 pm
Forum Regular

Sorry I'm talking about Australia! I could go on a skilled migrant visa but think a sponsored visa is cheaper. Just wondered what people's experience was of work visa and being tied to an employer? Does the employer treat you reasonably?
Old Dec 1st 2016, 5:58 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry I'm talking about Australia! I could go on a skilled migrant visa but think a sponsored visa is cheaper. Just wondered what people's experience was of work visa and being tied to an employer? Does the employer treat you reasonably?
If you come on a sponsored 457 yes its cheaper, BUT it is only a 4 year temporary visa, you are tied the employer, and you would need to apply for a further visa to get PR. If you qualify for a 189 that s the way to go from the start. Not tied to any employer or state and you are a perm resident from day one.
Old Dec 1st 2016, 8:17 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Pollyana
If you come on a sponsored 457 yes its cheaper, BUT it is only a 4 year temporary visa, you are tied the employer, and you would need to apply for a further visa to get PR. If you qualify for a 189 that s the way to go from the start. Not tied to any employer or state and you are a perm resident from day one.
OK thanks polyanna for your help. Seems wiser then to opt for 189 straight away. My worst fear is that if I go for the work sponsored visa I will not like the job and won't want to do it for 4 years. Least with 189 have freedom. Worth the extra money.