So what stage is everyone at now!?

Old Jan 18th 2005, 12:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

primrose will become famous soon enoughprimrose will become famous soon enough
Default Re: So what stage is everyone at now!?

Originally Posted by harveyhare
Hi everyone,

Just a quick update, Got NBSA registration, Had nomination letter from QEH in Adelaide, Visa application sent-457, Packing up next week in Cyprus and heading back to UK 28th Jan, House not sold
Meds booked for early Feb.
Things are moving so fast !!!!!!!!!!

Di
Well done Di,

Do you know where you'll be working at the QEH?
Is it your house in the UK or Cyprus which is not sold?
You should get your visa back quick once meds done, when do you plan to move to Adelaide?

I've got a job on N2 at the QEH, we still have our house in the UK to sell, and then we are off.

Lisa
Old Jan 18th 2005, 2:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

harveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by primrose
Well done Di,

Do you know where you'll be working at the QEH?
Is it your house in the UK or Cyprus which is not sold?
You should get your visa back quick once meds done, when do you plan to move to Adelaide?

I've got a job on N2 at the QEH, we still have our house in the UK to sell, and then we are off.

Lisa
Hi

Was advised to submit visa form either paper form or online, book meds and x-rays, dont need case officer number for them just the nomination approval number from the letter.

House not sold is in Cyprus, belongings being packed and then stored ready for shipping from Cyprus to Adelaide.

Will be working on M2.

Will be going as soon as visa is issued !!

Dianne
Old Jan 20th 2005, 9:08 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Previously County Durham. ENGLAND. Now in Mornington, Victoria. (via Brisbane)
paulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud of

Still havent got my registration for NSW. Have forms just about done for skills assessment and visa. have forms for police checks completed and have arranged for medicals, just need to give a date.

Just need this bl**dy registration to get things moving again!
Old Jan 20th 2005, 10:38 am

lynnlovessun is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by paulb
Still havent got my registration for NSW. Have forms just about done for skills assessment and visa. have forms for police checks completed and have arranged for medicals, just need to give a date.

Just need this bl**dy registration to get things moving again!
That is taking an awful long time Paul - what time scale do NSW give you? Queensland NC had not long changed their policy and are issuing registration within 10 days of reciept. The good news Paul is that the ANMC also have a new policy on modified skills assessments and promise to issue skills assessment within 2 days of reciept of payment My skills assessment was signed for/ payment taken/ processed/ granted and posted back in 1 day on the 24 th Dec - not sure if this was normal though with it being xmas eve!!!!! They obviously did not want to come back to a pile of applications after the xmas/ new year holiday break!!!! Good news for me though!

I am going to fill out my visa form this weekend and type my empoyment references/ statements up ready to start shoving them under the noses of my bosses to sign (due to past experience with this I reckon it will be far quicker than waiting on them to do them )

Good luck Paul and keep us posted

Lynn
Old Jan 20th 2005, 11:41 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Previously County Durham. ENGLAND. Now in Mornington, Victoria. (via Brisbane)
paulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by lynnlovessun
That is taking an awful long time Paul - what time scale do NSW give you? Queensland NC had not long changed their policy and are issuing registration within 10 days of reciept. The good news Paul is that the ANMC also have a new policy on modified skills assessments and promise to issue skills assessment within 2 days of reciept of payment My skills assessment was signed for/ payment taken/ processed/ granted and posted back in 1 day on the 24 th Dec - not sure if this was normal though with it being xmas eve!!!!! They obviously did not want to come back to a pile of applications after the xmas/ new year holiday break!!!! Good news for me though!

I am going to fill out my visa form this weekend and type my empoyment references/ statements up ready to start shoving them under the noses of my bosses to sign (due to past experience with this I reckon it will be far quicker than waiting on them to do them )

Good luck Paul and keep us posted

Lynn
Lynne

Is it just the employment statement needed for the visa?
References for job applications?

I havent asked my manager for anything yet!
Old Jan 20th 2005, 4:07 pm
ad4ozz

Cool Re: So what stage is everyone at now!?

I learnt the hard way....try and do a reference that covers both the nursing and the visa otherwise you have to go and ask boss to redo....took me 3 hours or more trying to figure out what they wanted for 136 visa.

If you are willing to stick your email on private message I will email mine to you if any help, i'm not a mad psycho or anything that's my brother who is psychi nurse at Hartlepool... .

I typed mine out in the end and gave to my boss and said do you agree please sign here...much easier as they have to be so precise...if you want mine you can cheat and just del and change bits that don't apply to you and leave rest that already applies intact.

Good luck matey.

Old Jan 20th 2005, 7:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by ad4ozz
I learnt the hard way....try and do a reference that covers both the nursing and the visa otherwise you have to go and ask boss to redo....took me 3 hours or more trying to figure out what they wanted for 136 visa.

If you are willing to stick your email on private message I will email mine to you if any help, i'm not a mad psycho or anything that's my brother who is psychi nurse at Hartlepool... .

I typed mine out in the end and gave to my boss and said do you agree please sign here...much easier as they have to be so precise...if you want mine you can cheat and just del and change bits that don't apply to you and leave rest that already applies intact.

Good luck matey.
Ann

sent you a pm, and thanks for the offer. All help greatfully accepted.
Old Jan 20th 2005, 9:17 pm

sent you a pm too - cheers for the offer as Paul says the more help the better!!!

Thanks again

Lynn x
Old Jan 20th 2005, 9:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

RAG62 will become famous soon enoughRAG62 will become famous soon enough

G'day all
Feelin' chirpy today as just received an acknowledgement from Dimia for our visa application. Also ggot a call from Egg credit card that somebody in Australia was trying to debit my account - was I hapy that this was a valid transaction? You bet I was happy. Not ofetn I say that when £769 is coming out of my account. (Must say I was impressed with Egg that they keep track of my comings and goings on my card).

So, now in the pile of papers at DIMIA - lets just hope that nurses are given top priority

Richard
Old Jan 20th 2005, 10:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by RAG62
G'day all
Feelin' chirpy today as just received an acknowledgement from Dimia for our visa application. Also ggot a call from Egg credit card that somebody in Australia was trying to debit my account - was I hapy that this was a valid transaction? You bet I was happy. Not ofetn I say that when £769 is coming out of my account. (Must say I was impressed with Egg that they keep track of my comings and goings on my card).

So, now in the pile of papers at DIMIA - lets just hope that nurses are given top priority

Richard
Hi Richard,

We also used egg and they rang me to ask if the transaction was valid, like you say its not often your happy that £750 has been debited from your account.
Glad you've finally got your application in, are you still waiting for visa in your passport before you put house up for sale?

Lisa
Old Jan 21st 2005, 11:06 am

Originally Posted by RAG62
G'day all

Richard
Thats brilliant richard - and a quick acknowlegement too! I wonder why ad4oz never got an acknowledgement so quick - they must be going to process you super fast now

My husband got his engineering skills assessment back today (finally!) and it has all been passed - his took ages and was submitted at the same time I applied for registration with the QNC!!! We were worried it was going to delay us submitting visa in next couple of weeks. Now all we are waiting on is the English part of the police checks - we have our scottish part back but still waiting on the part from the police national computer. The form said up to 40 days :scared: I certainly hope not - that will be all we need!

So keep your fingers crossed for me guys. Going to be working solidly this weekend on visa application and my employment statements to cover the required period.

Can I just ask a quick question - Do I submit my original skills assessment letter and Marc's engineering letter?

Worried in case they lost them - will make photocopies.

Lynn
Old Jan 21st 2005, 12:13 pm
ad4ozz

They just must have a thing about Northern nurses... as still have not recieved a piece of paper in the mail just the emails with case number.

Still no request for medical....at that horrible stage of don't know whether to speed up or slow down. They are building housing estate behind us and house selling photos will look better with built houses rather than half built.

Also, don't want to put house up untill medicals passed and don't want to give my dogs away untill know i'm going...aaaaaaaaaaahhhhh.

Gone off to top myself... .

Old Jan 21st 2005, 5:47 pm

Originally Posted by ad4ozz
They just must have a thing about Northern nurses... as still have not recieved a piece of paper in the mail just the emails with case number.

Still no request for medical....at that horrible stage of don't know whether to speed up or slow down. They are building housing estate behind us and house selling photos will look better with built houses rather than half built.

Also, don't want to put house up untill medicals passed and don't want to give my dogs away untill know i'm going...aaaaaaaaaaahhhhh.

Gone off to top myself... .
Go for it now - get the house on the market. Keep the doggies till the last minute (well a few months before ) book your medicals (you will pass)

and have a big on me!!!!!!

Now who needs australia when you have got me to cheer you up and give you the direction back in your life I should get paid for this kind of thing.

Trust me, after seeing your impressive reference, the visas in the bag hon

Lynn

p.s did you send original skills assessments for you and hubbie?
pps Marc got his engineering skills assessment back today - sweet!
Old Jan 21st 2005, 6:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Can I just ask a quick question - Do I submit my original skills assessment letter and Marc's engineering letter?

It asks for the originals (I kept a copy)
Old Jan 21st 2005, 7:22 pm
Forum Regular

charlie63 has a brilliant futurecharlie63 has a brilliant futurecharlie63 has a brilliant futurecharlie63 has a brilliant futurecharlie63 has a brilliant futurecharlie63 has a brilliant futurecharlie63 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by primrose

It asks for the originals (I kept a copy)

Well folks there goes some more pennies! £170 for family of 4 Chest xrays today not too bad!

Have to say we felt quite good doing something towards this old game.
We went up to Bristol, a 1:30 hr journey from home -------- 2:30hrs later arrived, what with good old British road works, were you drive for mile without seeing a soul working!! Followed by a pile up at the end of the contra-flow.

Meds next week

Well we must ALL keep our chins up and keep at it

Good going everyone

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.