So what stage is everyone at now!?

Old Jan 5th 2005, 4:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

RAG62 will become famous soon enoughRAG62 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: So what stage is everyone at now!?

Hi all,
Long time no speak - had a bit of a break from the forum lately but now trying to get back up to speed.

Have received a positive ANC skills assessment before Chrsitmas but delayed sending off our visa application because it was suggested that it would be better for the kids to have their own passports rather than be on ours. Then you know who, forgot to get one of the children to sign their passport application so it came back - doh!

After getting all docs certified I have today posted off the visa application. We have checked it a thousand times and tried to put everything together in the manner that they ask for. Visa app was sent normal air mail - boring I know, but a lot cheaper), and have decided not to frontload.

At first I was pushing to be in Aus by end of Jan but now I am more calm about it and will go when we are ready. So long as I have the visa in my hand I will be happy. At the moment I am favouring a trip out there to suss out where is the place to be, SA or WA or QLD.

Congrats to those that have made good progress, special mention to Lisa on getting her job - so tell more please.

regards
Richard
Old Jan 5th 2005, 7:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

primrose will become famous soon enoughprimrose will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by primrose
Just got myself a job!!!!!

(Via telephone interview)
OK, it was with the QEH in Adelaide, I was offered a post on their urology/orthopaedic ward. There were 2 nurse managers on speakerphone, asked me about myself, then nursing career, the hospital I currently work in, they then told me about their hospital, the Aus nursing system, staffing ratios; I was then able to ask them questions.

Lisa
Old Jan 5th 2005, 8:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

primrose will become famous soon enoughprimrose will become famous soon enough

Lynne,

Can't believe you achieved in 6 weeks what it took me 5 months to do!!!!

Well Done, and good luck with the main application.

Lisa
Old Jan 5th 2005, 8:24 pm

lynnlovessun is an unknown quantity at this point

Lynne,

Can't believe you achieved in 6 weeks what it took me 5 months to do!!!!

Well Done, and good luck with the main application.

Lisa
Do you know I never thought about it that way Lisa! Is it really only 6 weeks!!? It all seems like a bit of a marathon to me - hopefully the next part will be just as easy but kind of doubt it

Thanks for your support - you were very helpful answering all my questions at various stages - couldn't of done it without you (and all the others!)

Lynn
Old Jan 6th 2005, 8:17 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Previously County Durham. ENGLAND. Now in Mornington, Victoria. (via Brisbane)
paulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud of

OK, it was with the QEH in Adelaide, I was offered a post on their urology/orthopaedic ward. There were 2 nurse managers on speakerphone, asked me about myself, then nursing career, the hospital I currently work in, they then told me about their hospital, the Aus nursing system, staffing ratios; I was then able to ask them questions.

Lisa
Sounds quite straight forward Primrose, but I bet it was still stressfull. Of the interviews I've had for NHS jobs, I reckon my hardest was for E grade posts and easiest for my G grade. Work that one out. Well done anyway.
Old Jan 7th 2005, 10:36 am
Forum Regular

Jacs will become famous soon enoughJacs will become famous soon enough

Hi

just had meds and police checks req, meds in Feb and police checks sent today

Chris, when you do your police check go onto the Lincs police web site as you can download the form if I had known this I wouldn't have made the effort to go to a police station that was closed!!!

forgot who got the job but congratulations

Looked at QNC to register but as we are not going till May/June thought I would apply mid March and hopefully get registered for the year rather than a few months

have fun Jackie
Old Jan 7th 2005, 10:48 am

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

Just got myself a job!!!!!

(Via telephone interview)

Congratulations!!!
You have to hand it to the aussies, they know how to get staff! If the nhs was this laid back about recruitment, imsure they wuoldnt be half as short stafffed as they are!! Lets face it, if you can provide a decent reference from your current work and you are on the mnc reg, you cant be all bad, can you!??

So, what stage am i at? im at full stop stage i think....the thing with the working hours has really stuffed me...i dunno if i dare risk applying on the hours i have done (although im tempted, as know michaela was up front about her part time hours and it wasnt a problem - but knowing my luck...!)
Im working on a ward i dont particularly like, and i dont want to start messing about increasing my hours again as it didnt go down too well last year when i had to chop and change a bit. One alternative is going back to agency/nhs professionals - but im a lazy cow to be honest, and if im given the choice of staying at home wiht the kids or going to work, id choose staying at home! If I apply for a different post, thats likely to take months to get in post, then there may be a problem with hours fitting in!
The only other alternative is to plod on as i am, then when the twins start school in september, increase my hours to full time and work that way for a year - which means it will put the application back until september 2006, by which time I will have turned 39, and knowing my luck the points will have changed again and we will be unable to apply due to lack of points!!!!!!!!!!
AAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Im waiting to hear from our HR dept, as the hr woman who dealt with my career break advised me wrongly and resulted in me having to pay back wages...however, i have asked her if she will do me a statement of employment that is very general and only states that i commenced employment with the trust in sept 03 on ful time hours, and with the exception of the unpaid leave on 1st sept - 1st dec 04 have been in continuous paid employment. im hoping i can prey on her guilty conscience and she will do it the way i have asked without stating every change in hours!!

anyway sorry to ramble....i do that....sorry.....

thanks for listening,

if anyone has any advise, im all ears!!!

sue
Old Jan 7th 2005, 10:55 am

Originally Posted by tiredwithtwins
Congratulations!!!
You have to hand it to the aussies, they know how to get staff! If the nhs was this laid back about recruitment, imsure they wuoldnt be half as short stafffed as they are!! Lets face it, if you can provide a decent reference from your current work and you are on the mnc reg, you cant be all bad, can you!??

So, what stage am i at? im at full stop stage i think....the thing with the working hours has really stuffed me...i dunno if i dare risk applying on the hours i have done (although im tempted, as know michaela was up front about her part time hours and it wasnt a problem - but knowing my luck...!)
Im working on a ward i dont particularly like, and i dont want to start messing about increasing my hours again as it didnt go down too well last year when i had to chop and change a bit. One alternative is going back to agency/nhs professionals - but im a lazy cow to be honest, and if im given the choice of staying at home wiht the kids or going to work, id choose staying at home! If I apply for a different post, thats likely to take months to get in post, then there may be a problem with hours fitting in!
The only other alternative is to plod on as i am, then when the twins start school in september, increase my hours to full time and work that way for a year - which means it will put the application back until september 2006, by which time I will have turned 39, and knowing my luck the points will have changed again and we will be unable to apply due to lack of points!!!!!!!!!!
AAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Im waiting to hear from our HR dept, as the hr woman who dealt with my career break advised me wrongly and resulted in me having to pay back wages...however, i have asked her if she will do me a statement of employment that is very general and only states that i commenced employment with the trust in sept 03 on ful time hours, and with the exception of the unpaid leave on 1st sept - 1st dec 04 have been in continuous paid employment. im hoping i can prey on her guilty conscience and she will do it the way i have asked without stating every change in hours!!

anyway sorry to ramble....i do that....sorry.....

thanks for listening,

if anyone has any advise, im all ears!!!
sue

I would get very general emplotment statements and put em in with your visa - you will be fine, they are not that likely to check up. I wouldn't delay much further. I'm sure she will do the employment statement you have asked for - it dosen't lie, it only dosen't point out your exact hours. At least you've only been in one job! My refs are going to be so complicated due to different jobs at the same time adding up to full time hours. Still think I will submit it in a signed off duty format to back up the employment letters. That way I am enclosing eveidence of the amount of hours i've worked. Still going to be nerveracking though.

Lynn
Old Jan 9th 2005, 1:27 pm

Originally Posted by RAG62
Hi all,
Long time no speak - had a bit of a break from the forum lately but now trying to get back up to speed.

Have received a positive ANC skills assessment before Chrsitmas but delayed sending off our visa application because it was suggested that it would be better for the kids to have their own passports rather than be on ours. Then you know who, forgot to get one of the children to sign their passport application so it came back - doh!

After getting all docs certified I have today posted off the visa application. We have checked it a thousand times and tried to put everything together in the manner that they ask for. Visa app was sent normal air mail - boring I know, but a lot cheaper), and have decided not to frontload.

At first I was pushing to be in Aus by end of Jan but now I am more calm about it and will go when we are ready. So long as I have the visa in my hand I will be happy. At the moment I am favouring a trip out there to suss out where is the place to be, SA or WA or QLD.

Congrats to those that have made good progress, special mention to Lisa on getting her job - so tell more please.

regards
Richard
Richard
Good luck with the application - you have the right attitude to it all - just take it as it comes - a reccie trip sounds like a very nice idea to see where you would like to live.......BRISBANE!BRISBANE!BRISBANE!BRISBANE!BRI SBANE!BRISBANE!BRISBANE!BRISBANE!BRISBANE!BRISBANE !BRISBANE!BRISBANE!
Not that i'm trying to sway your decision or anything!!! But seriously Brisbane/ sunshine coast is a beautiful part of Australia and you would be in good company with Jez, Nikki and me when I finally get there!!!

Good luck, hope you hear something soon

Lynn
Old Jan 9th 2005, 4:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

RAG62 will become famous soon enoughRAG62 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by lynnlovessun
Richard
- a reccie trip sounds like a very nice idea to see where you would like to live.......BRISBANE!BRISBANE!BRISBANE!BRISBANE!BRI SBANE!BRISBANE!BRISBANE!BRISBANE!BRISBANE!BRISBANE !BRISBANE!BRISBANE!
Lynn
Thanks Lynn
We are thinking that Adelaide may not be the final place for us. I favour Brisbane but Gill thinks too humid, too many creepy crawlies etc and thinks Perth is best. Sounds like we will go our separate ways and meet in the middle Ayres Rock occasionally
Old Jan 14th 2005, 11:25 am

Well.....

Got Scottish criminal records office police check back today (back in 4 days) . Just waiting on the next bit from the Police National Computer. Why do us Scots always have to be different!!? Going from a previous post it seems that the Scottish have to get a Scottish criminal records check AND a check from the police national computer (still 10 quid each). They have quoted up to 40 ( :scared: ) days for the national computer check to come back. How quick were everyone else's? I gather that the English members only had to get the National check done?
Old Jan 15th 2005, 5:12 pm
ad4ozz

Question Re: So what stage is everyone at now!?

Still no flipping letter requesting medicals and don't have case number yet as a result.

Who do you ring to query things if you haven't heard anything at all back from Oz since posting PR visa???

Old Jan 17th 2005, 10:00 pm
ad4ozz

I'm on a roll....the email worked. I have a case number at last and just need to await further info from them.... .

Old Jan 18th 2005, 10:18 am
BE Enthusiast

harveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of light

Hi everyone,

Just a quick update, Got NBSA registration, Had nomination letter from QEH in Adelaide, Visa application sent-457, Packing up next week in Cyprus and heading back to UK 28th Jan, House not sold
Meds booked for early Feb.
Things are moving so fast !!!!!!!!!!

Di
Old Jan 18th 2005, 11:00 am

Originally Posted by ad4ozz
I'm on a roll....the email worked. I have a case number at last and just need to await further info from them.... .
Good one!

Are you just going to send meds off now then with case no on them or are you waiting for them to formally ask you?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.